Nitrogen Flush / Sealer for Nug Storage

• Thread starter Dynamite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dynamite

Dynamite

Any suggestions on a set up for buying /using a Nitrogen Sealer for nug storage ?

hear alot about it , searched here and the net in general looking to purchase a Nitrogen Sealer of some sort , and not coming up with anything under the few thousand dollar range .. and even in that price range Id have no idea what a good setup would be ..

Using Boveda 62% packs now , and they kick ass ! But this is the next step

Thanks , DynO

K

Kraken

Guy from my local shop was telling me about this i think. Said buds are stored in vacuum seal bags, air is sucked out and refilled with nitrogen gas, this is done anywhere from 2 - 4 times to dilute out any traces of oxygen...used for proper long term storage. Says its hands down the best method of retaining high THC levels long term, because even in a squashed down vacced out bag, there’s still enough oxygen in there to degrade THC.

Gandalfalfa

Gandalfalfa

they are worth it only if you actually need to store your finished product that long, but yeah a couple g's for a descent one, check out alibaba and save a few bucks buying direct from the manufacturer, link here:

http://www.alibaba.com/showroom/nitrogen-vacuum-sealer.html

hth

Buying anything from China off Alibaba is a huge gamble. Trust me, I been down that path for other products and quality is extremely difficult to ensure.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Markscastle posted and said there are guys in norcal you can take your bud too and they will do it for you,not sure of cost or type of machine they use though.

Last edited:
henry

henry

Wouldn't most people agree that this is overkill unless you're a pro? just a glass jar is ok.

monkeymun

monkeymun

Wouldn't most people agree that this is overkill unless you're a pro? just a glass jar is ok.

THC starts to degrade from the moment it’s produced in the trichomes. It’s inherently unstable in the presence of O2 and UV light. You cannot save all of it. If THC is your thing, then you’re better off harvesting early and doing honey oil with butane and straight into glass vials.

henry

henry

So you are saying all the thc made by the plant doesn’t end up in my pipe? Wtf? and what is it getting turned into??

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Does sublimination curing extend the THC? recently tried this method using a freezer and overall taste , and smell is excellent ...after doing this jarred up in one week the smell is the most intense I have ever cured.... smokes fantastic ! Visual appeal AAA ... M

Purpz

Purpz

THC starts to degrade from the moment it’s produced in the trichomes. It’s inherently unstable in the presence of O2 and UV light. You cannot save all of it. If THC is your thing, then you’re better off harvesting early and doing honey oil with butane and straight into glass vials.

My biggest problem with honey oil is it's really hard to handle...like once its dried its stuck to whatever you've put it in. If you've got it on a plate it pretty much becomes one with the plate. It is easy to get into little glass vials?

SunGrown

SunGrown

My biggest problem with honey oil is it's really hard to handle...like once its dried its stuck to whatever you've put it in. If you've got it on a plate it pretty much becomes one with the plate. It is easy to get into little glass vials?
use synthetic containers, non stick

Top Bottom