Nitrogen Nutrients Derived From Ammonia Sources

• Thread starter ThatGuyMike
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Organikz

Organikz

It means his nutes are kicking ass matter of fact. I just got a whiff after a saponin tea feeding. Eat that carbon!

BioStimz

BioStimz

my friend i think you are forgetting the fact that a lot of strains smell like ammonia.
the ammonia the OP is sensing is probably the plants terpenes. Some strains smell like urine. And that wouldnt have anything to do with the soil or the ferts being used.
I'm going by what was stated in the opening post: "I've noticed that with using advanced nutrients the buds are starting to smell like ammonia"

Breeders have all their pheno-traits mapped & listed prior to purchase. I would think you and the OP had taken cat-piss terps into consideration.

As a matter of fact there is a strain that gravekat works with called norcal piss. My white widow smells like cat piss. It's a terpene my friend.
I know more about terpenes and terpene -manipulation than you can imagine my friend.

ammonia is nothing. ammonium nitrate doesn't form in buds. it has been processed down and used up by chloroplasts to make sugars that carry hydrogen and carbon to the flowers.
lol.... Really?

So the added ammonium nitrate and urea are [not] enzymatically-hydrolyzed to more ammonium in the soil?

Yeah.... no.

Excess soil ammonium-deposition ultimately catalyzes ammonia volatilization - which is released as an ammonium gas.

~

ThatGuyMike

ThatGuyMike

I also start cutting N by week 4. I don't want green plants when I'm ready to harvest....Onceagain green ='s hay.
Just my experience, and price tag speaks for itself.
I am going to try this because i didn't have any yellowing on this plant during or after harvest! I flushed with 3:1 - 3 gallons of water to 1 gallon of dirt. Definitely lacked any taste at all in this harvest.

Top Bottom