NO CALYX SWELL :( 50 days

• Thread starter LEDhead
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LEDhead

LEDhead

Thanks :happy I installed my 250w HPS and reconfigured my lights and my new fan I had to hang temps about 77-78 here's some pics

IMG 1887
IMG 1870
IMG 1888
IMG 1889
LEDhead

LEDhead

:fubar I kinda want to cut them down and start over F*@K I feel like such a failure :fubar
Is there ANYTHING I can do to save this grow?

lazarus718

lazarus718

Dude, like I said props for first time man. DO NOT cut them down and don't bother with the HPS bro. Just finish them how they were and enjoy your first go. I think what the guys on here were trying to get across is that if you really want swollen calyxes and all kinds of production you need to go with HID lights. We're all playing off the title of your thread since that is what caught everyone's attention. You can grow bud with LED's if that's how you want to do it. Just don't expect to see what you might see out of some of these other threads. Like you said, it costs a lot less in electricity. Check out the grow journals on here man, get some ideas.

LEDhead

LEDhead

Just sucks :( but I've been using the HID the whole time (MH/HPS) but only removed it 3 days ago cuz it was getting too hot, I'm still going to get me another LED but I'm only trying to grow my legal limit and I use to have fan leafs but they all yellowed and died in the past couple weeks :(

D

Donkdbz

From the looks of things.....the way you pruned em seems to be the problem. Looks like you topped and Lollipoped em 2 days before you flipped em. Looks like maybe 6-9 nodes per branch. which leaves me think when you lollied you left only the top node and the ones we see are from the stretch.

My suggestion is on your next go with only 2 sites is setup up a scrog screen and LST em till the screen is full then remove all the stuff under the screen. Let em recover a week then flipp

LEDhead

LEDhead

Thanks for the info :) Scrog is what I was going try next;) with 3 plants this time

LEDhead

LEDhead

Also just took out a gallon from my resi and added fresh EC 1.2
Any suggestions on my next soup mix?

LEDhead

LEDhead

remove all the stuff under the screen. Let em recover a week then flipp
I'm sorry:( I just seen how it's done on YouTube :) and wanted to know what you mean by remove all the "stuff" under the screen?
And thanks for this I'm really going to give it a try this next time and not top, lollypop, or anything stupid like my first time
P.S. Do you think they are dying?

I

IVIars

I think someone on this site did a comparison between LED, Quantums Bad Boy and a 600w HID. If i remember the LED didnt have the same size buds as the HID or the Flouros, but were frostier

I

ibTheMan

Its mainly lack of light, even with a 430 bud dont swell as much, the more watts the more swell in general.IMO

LEDhead

LEDhead

So I'm getting a new light should I go 400w or 600w remember my tent is only 3x3 and it's hot where I'm from

LEDhead

LEDhead

This is what I was looking at :)
AN Melonhead Hood
NextGen 600w HPS/MH Ballast
Digilux 600w HPS
I went to an expo recently and talk with the guys at NextGen and Digilux (next to each other) and really was impressed by the products

convex

convex

A 430 would do well in that space, a 600 would facilitate taller plants ... so long as cooling is on point style of grow would be the deciding factor.

LEDhead

LEDhead

OK:) Just read up a lot about foot-candles and have a handy little chart I got from the site, so before I go by some new light I'm going to rock this 250w once more and SOG/LST 2 new babies I'm going into week 9 so if all else fails in another 2 weeks if nothings changed I'm flushing pulling and at least I learned a ton and made a ton of mistakes too and maybe I can make hash out of them at least:( I hope
And I've finally named them too....."The Olsen Twins":)

420Gator

420Gator

Lmao. Glad ur still in good spirits bro. Hopefully next run you'll get some obese ladies

LEDhead

LEDhead

So at lights on tonight, one also came on in my head :thinking after reading bout footcandles i was really trying to figure out how in the hell i could lower temps and and my light, this is what i came up with

BEFORE: i was hanging the light about 8-9'' away from the tops, any lower and temps would jump to about 81-82*

AFTER: now i have the light about 5-6'' away from tops and temps are 74-75* and my fan blows the length of the lamp which means more footcandles:)

Think this will help?

IMG 1891
lazarus718

lazarus718

Hey LED, I don't know where your tent is located man and your ease of access to it...but I have the absolute worst set-up right now with my 400W in a closet that I can't cut holes in it and all that for ventilation since I don't own the place. I crack the closet door as soon as I get lights on (8 pm every night) and I sit up with my girls until about 2 am every night even if I have to be up at 5 or 6 so that they can drop some of that heat in there bro. That's my commitment to them right now. My chick isn't so hot about me growing so I can't kick her out of our bedroom so the closet is all I got. But I make it work man. Get a 250 or 400W HID going in that tent and make the same commitment to your girls. I'm a soil guy so I can't steer you in the right direction for your "soup" but give them the light they deserve man. This summer I should be able to lock down a great growing "shack" and you are going to see some dank dankity dank coming out of those grows man because I finally won't have height restrictions. Those fans are important though bro, don't forget that. I treat every lost fan soldier with a funeral and a burial man, those are your workhorses. Pick your battles wisely.

1st.artuning

Never trim your leaves during the growth/ flower cycle, just think of them as power factories for the plants that are growing. You need them as bad as they need themselves...

LEDhead

LEDhead

So here's my question about nutes
Do I use FULL strength base nutes (A&B) and add in my additives as needed or keep the nutes dosage to half additives as base (ie: 25ml base 12.5ml additive)?
It's a 5 gallon resi (bubbleponics)

convex

convex

Looks like your lamp is one of those 'all in one' deals, ballast is mounted within the hood.

A remote ballast (outside the tent) would get temps down lower.

Cheers

Top Bottom