No grow medium what so ever!

• Thread starter BluePowerRanger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

I’m currently under going my first ever grow medium-less. Has anyone attempted such a thing? I have two 4x4 tables set up in a 5x10 tent. Two luxx 645 leds. Co2 enrichment. My tents are in lung room. I keep the room set to roughly 65-70. I have a intake fan 4 inch to pull in cool air into the tent if need be. The fan is connected to my temp monitor. I have a back draft spring loaded damper in-line with the intake fan to keep the co2 sealed in this tent after the fan turns off. I have my timers set to flood every other 15 minutes. I sourced 4x8 pvc sheet from a local department store. Cut the boards to size to fit snug in my trays. Then cut out 4 inch circles. Im doing 4 per sq. With 4 inch net cups and neoprene inserts. The roots will hang in free air and naturally grow down into the trays. I have 50 gal Reservoirs. I currently fill my trays up roughly 3.5 inches.. as the roots grow I won’t have to flood so high, but probably will leave them that way. Being the hassle of adjusting… it takes roughly 8 minutes to fill to 3.5 inches and 15 minutes to completely drain.. the reason I’m trying this out is because. I consider myself to be very efficient and logical. Growing mediumless seems the most efficient and logical way to grow to me. No mess to clean up or throw out other than root mass… anyhow I’d love to hear from guys with experience growing this way..

Arkos

Arkos

Following along out of self-interest 😜

Coco is such a pain to reuse/clean up when you got loads and loads. I can only imagine the nightmare's with plain soil 🥴

Good luck with you grow may they grow into trees 😉

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

Following along out of self-interest 😜

Coco is such a pain to reuse/clean up when you got loads and loads. I can only imagine the nightmare's with plain soil 🥴

Good luck with you grow may they grow into trees 😉
Thanks bud I’ll start uploading pics soon enjoy the ride hopefully it’s not to bumpy and rides smooth like a cadi 😄

iffey

iffey

You mean like lettuce? Flood and drain. Not DWC? Cannabis plants/cuts just floating in like Styrofoam board?
Good luck. PPMs and PH swings will have to be accounted for. Search Shallow Water Culture. The one I saw was by yankeetransplnt

iffey

iffey

Your feeding schedule is going to be 8min on/ 15-20 minutes off? 24/7.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I’m currently under going my first ever grow medium-less. Has anyone attempted such a thing? I have two 4x4 tables set up in a 5x10 tent. Two luxx 645 leds. Co2 enrichment. My tents are in lung room. I keep the room set to roughly 65-70. I have a intake fan 4 inch to pull in cool air into the tent if need be. The fan is connected to my temp monitor. I have a back draft spring loaded damper in-line with the intake fan to keep the co2 sealed in this tent after the fan turns off. I have my timers set to flood every other 15 minutes. I sourced 4x8 pvc sheet from a local department store. Cut the boards to size to fit snug in my trays. Then cut out 4 inch circles. Im doing 4 per sq. With 4 inch net cups and neoprene inserts. The roots will hang in free air and naturally grow down into the trays. I have 50 gal Reservoirs. I currently fill my trays up roughly 3.5 inches.. as the roots grow I won’t have to flood so high, but probably will leave them that way. Being the hassle of adjusting… it takes roughly 8 minutes to fill to 3.5 inches and 15 minutes to completely drain.. the reason I’m trying this out is because. I consider myself to be very efficient and logical. Growing mediumless seems the most efficient and logical way to grow to me. No mess to clean up or throw out other than root mass… anyhow I’d love to hear from guys with experience growing this way..
I want to see this setup.

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

Gettin ready for the big flip tomorrow.. going to have a slight stagger In this section of my grow. A week or two.. difference.. I’m running advance nutes micro Blum grow.. micro nute calmag, pirhana bud candy.. my clones are going straight to 4 inch neoprene inserts suspended in air within net cups. 😍😍😍 no grow media.. grab your 🍿 kick back enjoy the 🎥 😆

5E09A7D5 ED29 410A B6DE 4A13BEB3851E
ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Gettin ready for the big flip tomorrow.. going to have a slight stagger In this section of my grow. A week or two.. difference.. I’m running advance nutes micro Blum grow.. micro nute calmag, pirhana bud candy.. my clones are going straight to 4 inch neoprene inserts suspended in air within net cups. 😍😍😍 no grow media.. grab your 🍿 kick back enjoy the 🎥 😆
Ahhh... Airponics.

Aeroponics hydro system
BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

We tend to agree. We have been looking at how we want to do our new grow when we get our new grow room setup.
So many choices and this is the one we like the best. It's the least messy, assuming no leaks...

currently I have no leaks. But if you don’t use silicone it’s going to happen eventually. The seals will ware over time and develop leaks. A simple seal replacement will do the trick. I’m lazy though I don’t like Rudimentary maintenance if I can help it 😂. So I just siliconed the shit out of it. I’m sure it will leak at some point I’m guessing years 😂. My res is also over sized. It’s actually animal feed buckets. They only stand 12 inches off the ground 50 inch by like 45 and oval. 50 gallons.. it beats paying 300 bucks for the same damn thing only difference it dosent have fill lines.. how I calculate my fill level is by how fast I fill a gallon of ro water. Essentially takes 8 minutes.. divide by 60 minutes I get my gallons per hour. After the initial fill i purely go off ppm / ec levels. If I do leak it drops right into the res since is so massive to begin with ❤️

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

Your feeding schedule is going to be 8min on/ 15-20 minutes off? 24/7.
15 minutes on 15 minutes off 24/7..

no floating dwc either it’s purely ebb and flow..

suspended 2.5 inches in the air from bottom of my flood trays in 4 inch net cups… no raft system.. the water will flood and drain every 15 minutes

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

6C1BD927 1B0D 4710 AE13 67A79D92D8C9

About 5 days in flip they all pretty much double in size . This is what I mean no grow media.. I wasn’t paying attention the small one wasn’t getting water hope she bounces back and catches up bottom left. I pulled the upper one she was to far gone I replaced it with another

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

Dealing with issues I haven’t dealt with before running with no media this early.. I’m getting major curling and twisting going on in some of my girls I’m at 1000 ppm of co2 temps are gettin anywhere from 83-87 degrees high side when dehumidifier kicks on. I’m wondering if I should turn down the intensity of my light a bit turning on my fan to pull the cool air into the tent from the lung room isn’t a option due to the enrichment.. has to be excessive evaporation I say that because how frequently my dehumidifier is kickin on. Thoughts anyone?

Checkler92

Checkler92

721DBAAA 59EC 4BA6 9FEF E5031E8FC7C0

No medium in this grow. I like your set up. If I had to give advice i would say watch your ph and ppms like a hawk. And just wondering if yours are like mine every strain that I have ran medium less has wanted a ton of micros. How has yours been?

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

View attachment 1160229
No medium in this grow. I like your set up. If I had to give advice i would say watch your ph and ppms like a hawk. And just wondering if yours are like mine every strain that I have ran medium less has wanted a ton of micros. How has yours been?
Well this is my first run without a medium so I don’t have much experience with what nutes it will require more or less of. They seem to be thriving right now with advance nute micro grow bloom.. calm mag and prihana is what I got in my 50 gal res atm. I plan to add b52 and bud candy next week to my solution Ppm is stable but ph is raising slowly it’s at 6.3 right now I’m gonna dial it back to around 5.7-5.8 at lights on. I was trying to see if it would fluctuate on its own but I don’t want to chance it being over 6.2 for to long although my ppm is a stable 1000. It’s climbed 50 points over the last 5 days. I flipped to flower last Tuesday.. ph started at 5.6-5.7.. I’m assuming i won’t see much nutrient uptake for another 3 weeks or so they are too small to put a dent in my res right now. Things are looking ok so far.. im gonna start my other table next week in this tent..

Checkler92

Checkler92

Well this is my first run without a medium so I don’t have much experience with what nutes it will require more or less of. They seem to be thriving right now with advance nute micro grow bloom.. calm mag and prihana is what I got in my 50 gal res atm. I plan to add b52 and bud candy next week to my solution Ppm is stable but ph is raising slowly it’s at 6.3 right now I’m gonna dial it back to around 5.7-5.8 at lights on. I was trying to see if it would fluctuate on its own but I don’t want to chance it being over 6.2 for to long although my ppm is a stable 1000. It’s climbed 50 points over the last 5 days. I flipped to flower last Tuesday.. ph started at 5.6-5.7.. I’m assuming i won’t see much nutrient uptake for another 3 weeks or so they are too small to put a dent in my res right now. Things are looking ok so far.. im gonna start my other table next week in this tent..
50 points is good over 5 days! But ya when my ph goes out of the 5.7-6.3 range I would have troubles.

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

50 points is good over 5 days! But ya when my ph goes out of the 5.7-6.3 range I would have troubles.
Noted I wasn’t gonna chance it anyhow I know I have to be extra attentive the margin for error is otherwise detrimental. I already had to replace a clone that was otherwise thriving do to me not checking the roots sheesh..

Latest posts

Top Bottom