No grow medium what so ever!

• Thread starter BluePowerRanger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

I’m into week 3 of flower And my babies have quadrupled in size already… stems thick as hell some even thicker than my pinky finger I’m loving this no medium grow. They are healthy as can be and praying to Jesus… ppm is 1450 with a EC of 2.0 I’m going to need to top off my res and re add nutes soon. My babies are drinking about 14 gallons a week right now.. pics when I get back in

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Kick ass man. Pretty much a flood and drain aeroponic system if I had to define it.

Growth should be extremely good.

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

Kick ass man. Pretty much a flood and drain aeroponic system if I had to define it.

Growth should be extremely good.
Thanks bud. I’m diggin the results so far. I’m kind of scared of letting the ph get above 6 or ex above 2.1 but I’m afraid I might be hindering some micros not letting it stretch a bit further.. I just know without out a medium for a buffer I could run into a calamity in no time so I’ve been very cautious. Runnin my nutes about 2/3s of my usual dosages..

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks bud. I’m diggin the results so far. I’m kind of scared of letting the ph get above 6 or ex above 2.1 but I’m afraid I might be hindering some micros not letting it stretch a bit further.. I just know without out a medium for a buffer I could run into a calamity in no time so I’ve been very cautious. Runnin my nutes about 2/3s of my usual dosages..
I think your fine. May possibly need to increase events as they grow but as long as it stays nice and close to 100% humidity down there and reasonable ph, temp and humidity, I think your golden.

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

I’m wondering gettin curious on how far I can push my nute concentration.. I’m up to 2.5 ec and the plants aren’t even being phased it seems.. I’m guessing because there’s no media to retain excess salts? If this is the case I’m feelin a bit Gangsta.. I wanna see how far I can push it..

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

I’m wondering gettin curious on how far I can push my nute concentration.. I’m up to 2.5 ec and the plants aren’t even being phased it seems.. I’m guessing because there’s no media to retain excess salts? If this is the case I’m feelin a bit Gangsta.. I wanna see how far I can push it..
You ever watch Dr. Bruce Hydroponics 101?

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

You ever watch Dr. Bruce Hydroponics 101?
No but this looks very informative I will check it out.. i know the range ec is suppose to be in with media I’m just curious without it does it change what’s already tried and proven at all.. I have a curious mind lol

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

No but this looks very informative I will check it out.. i know the range ec is suppose to be in with media I’m just curious without it does it change what’s already tried and proven at all.. I have a curious mind lol
Incredibly informative, a must see for all growers, even if they don't grow hydro.

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
Fastest pace and crazy yields from DWC solo buckets bout 15yrs ago....Loved it...Have done NFT, some aero tables or those tubes?.....
That room looks tits man.....Only times we had issues (which was my partner at the time just not being able to leave shit alone) was the rese pump was to big and at times ran to long driving up the Water temp and effecting roots...Solved by faster on off cycles....
Where I found a perfect middle ground for quality tho was in DWC with Bio Organics....A bit of salts and mild micros of organic elements...strait proper results...
did I say I love you setup....dang!....power to it...
FOE20

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

Fastest pace and crazy yields from DWC solo buckets bout 15yrs ago....Loved it...Have done NFT, some aero tables or those tubes?.....
That room looks tits man.....Only times we had issues (which was my partner at the time just not being able to leave shit alone) was the rese pump was to big and at times ran to long driving up the Water temp and effecting roots...Solved by faster on off cycles....
Where I found a perfect middle ground for quality tho was in DWC with Bio Organics....A bit of salts and mild micros of organic elements...strait proper results...
did I say I love you setup....dang!....power to it...
FOE20

Since I built my lung box water temps don’t get over 75 before it got up to about 78-79.. it’s simply a flood table nothing fancy.. with ebb and flow fill and drain fittings.. I put a pvc board on the top of it and cut 4 inch holes out. 4 holes per square… the roots just hang down through the net cups. I flood every 15 minutes… 3.5 inches water depth.. appreciate the love man… I decided to give this a try because I’m lazy and I hate cleaning lol.. with no extra grow media to have to clean or throw out besides root mass. That was what I’m shootings for moving forward lol. I wanted to try Sog aswell is why I didn’t do the typical dwc or rdwc type of set up

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
hope ya dont mind but bradda,,...I was pullin Qp's out of 2gal solo buckets..check this, its just a 2gal painters bucket, 4"in basket/wool block and a airstone in each bucket....some heavy Indica varieties ate 2200ppm on their own!....but my recipe is Bio Organic and a bit tricky but my own creation...BODWC..BioOrganicDWC
My roots would discolor a bit from gettin stained by micros of MaxiCrop......
But a few pics of our aero and flood tables..power to it man
FOE20

BubOGfullViewPic1v2 12 18 06
DWCwoots1 10 03 14
DWCroots1 10 04 11
DWCroots2 09 12 11
IMG 20121130 232438
NewRigs 11 03 12
IMG 20121117 112523
Last edited:
BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

hope ya dont mind but bradda,,...I was pullin Qp's out of 2gal solo buckets..check this, its just a 2gal painters bucket, 4"in basket/wool block and a airstone in each bucket....some heavy Indica varieties ate 2200ppm on their own!....but my recipe is Bio Organic and a bit tricky but my own creation...BODWC..BioOrganicDWC
My roots would discolor a bit from gettin stained by micros of MaxiCrop......
But a few pics of our aero and flood tables..power to it man
FOE20
That’s massive how many buckets did you have in your system?? Just seems like if I’m gonna grow sog flood and drain seems the most practical unless I build a custom rdwc build but man that would be 100s of gallons of water I would have to maintain.. but I’m sure the growth would be even more OP than it is now.. with 4 -6 inch clones stretching 5-6 times the initial size. I got wedding cake cut that stretched 8 times it’s original size.. in my current grow it’s massive.. I’m sure dwc/rdwc would put it to shame..

FOE20

FOE20

Maestro Loco
Supporter
I think your right inline with the same output...I was lucky to have a variety that only shot maybe 1x...flipped at 1.5ft..it stopped at 3ft and thats the big plant shown above..Its a BubbaOkush f4 from seed...(BubbaKush x OGers originally by Motarebel)
So it also had new seed vigor...but you are still better off with Air roots rather then what I was dooing which is the roots soaking till they drank it all....heh,....
Reason for my solo buckets tho is...I could alter formulas to suit a variety and I ran about 8 diff varieties at a time..no mono crops...
So if I had a cut that would shoot 4x or more just flip it at 6"in...it ends up as a cpl feet...Like a Haze or Thai or Super Sativa type Skunk...
But because I used solo buckets it is a diff sitch cause the Liquid in the bucket would reduce and concentrate as the Plant drank and ate,...So to understand what the variety wanted I just tested the liquid to see how much it ate and drank daily....I had 2 air pumps, 1, 4 site and 1 commercial 12 site pump...I ran 16 plants under 2k, 8 /light and avr 3-4oz per on heavy yielders...
2-3oz on test runs or less productive types...
But my goal was 1lb+/1k....so lets estimate 16 plants pullin 3oz each - 48z / 3lbs off 2k...of killer bud..not mids....But bro it was so fast it was work to keep up with it....
And in the end it matters if your after yield or top shelf...
You could always pinch tops and super crop a bit to keep plants more low profile....mainly the jumpy ones....just a idea but very useful...sry for the long post Im high and guess a bit yappy...
power to it man
FOE20

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

I think your right inline with the same output...I was lucky to have a variety that only shot maybe 1x...flipped at 1.5ft..it stopped at 3ft and thats the big plant shown above..Its a BubbaOkush f4 from seed...(BubbaKush x OGers originally by Motarebel)
So it also had new seed vigor...but you are still better off with Air roots rather then what I was dooing which is the roots soaking till they drank it all....heh,....
Reason for my solo buckets tho is...I could alter formulas to suit a variety and I ran about 8 diff varieties at a time..no mono crops...
So if I had a cut that would shoot 4x or more just flip it at 6"in...it ends up as a cpl feet...Like a Haze or Thai or Super Sativa type Skunk...
But because I used solo buckets it is a diff sitch cause the Liquid in the bucket would reduce and concentrate as the Plant drank and ate,...So to understand what the variety wanted I just tested the liquid to see how much it ate and drank daily....I had 2 air pumps, 1, 4 site and 1 commercial 12 site pump...I ran 16 plants under 2k, 8 /light and avr 3-4oz per on heavy yielders...
2-3oz on test runs or less productive types...
But my goal was 1lb+/1k....so lets estimate 16 plants pullin 3oz each - 48z / 3lbs off 2k...of killer bud..not mids....But bro it was so fast it was work to keep up with it....
And in the end it matters if your after yield or top shelf...
You could always pinch tops and super crop a bit to keep plants more low profile....mainly the jumpy ones....just a idea but very useful...sry for the long post Im high and guess a bit yappy...
power to it man
FOE20
Appreciate the insight it’s always appreciated bro 😎..

BluePowerRanger

BluePowerRanger

I just harvested one side of my current grow. Took me damn near 3 days sheesh about 15 hours total.. I couldn’t be more satisfied with the quality density/texture/color/ truly top shelf shit. I’ll take a pic of my root zone today and show you guys how easy it is to clean up prep for the next grow..

Latest posts

Top Bottom