No more Hairs? and Rattle snake talk

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Is it normal for some plants to quit putting out hairs 2 weeks before their finish time?:confused:

This Ewok (f2) is worrying me a bit :( , It's been six (or 7) weeks since I started the light dep.
Haven't seen new hairs on the tops in over a week
Ewoknohair52
Ewokf2 52jpg

Its been hot (90's)..and I have been watering more..that is helping the other plants make more hairs..
But not this one yet :(

drbombay

drbombay

what kolah says. dry temp stress could have them resting. f2 will lead to some deviations over the f1.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Maybe she's a early girl..

Plants do strange things tho.. I had a Tahoe og that did that at day 50 & I took her 70 days..the buds came out bomb.. The next run she flowered more normal losing hairs at the very end

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Is it normal for some plants to quit putting out hairs 2 weeks before their finish time?:confused:

This Ewok (f2) is worrying me a bit :( , It's been six weeks since I started the light dep.
Haven't seen new hairs on the tops in over a week

Its been hot (90's)..and I have been watering more..that is helping the other plants make more hairs..
But not this one yet :(
I consider that one of the big signs the plant is telling me she's done. Stick a fork in her she is DONE! Actually, I look for reduced 'pistil' production (can't recall the more proper term for the hairs), and pull when it's greatly reduced, not done completely. But nothin' wrong with done completely. She's ready to be yanked, is all. More light deprivation learnin' ya got there, don't be sad!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I consider that one of the big signs the plant is telling me she's done. Stick a fork in her she is DONE! Actually, I look for reduced 'pistil' production (can't recall the more proper term for the hairs), and pull when it's greatly reduced, not done completely. But nothin' wrong with done completely. She's ready to be yanked, is all. More light deprivation learnin' ya got there, don't be sad!
Inspect the trichromes.
Maybe she's a early girl..
:woot:
Wayy More amber than I ever expected to see!!!!
I was hopping they would get fatter but Im not complaining!!
6weeks to finish!?:wacky:

Ewokclose53
Ewoktrimed53
Ewokscoped53
Ewokmicro53

That's the top of the bud^ the lower parts are 95% white
Harvest time for that one!:D Thanks you guys!
Other plants in that bed still have a couple weeks
E3clone53
Wholebed53

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So, you learned something new today, didn't you? I say it's always good to learn at least one new thing every day. :D Did you do a partial harvey on her, or yank the whole gal?

K

kolah

Once hair production stops (or they brown and shrivel up) I pull out my scope and start inspecting the buds.

Amber color is degradation of the tri's....yet it gives for a more stoney buzz. By gauging the percentages of amber bulbheads you can tame down a high soaring sativa or you can create a killer stony indica. But if you wait too long (too much amber) the quality and potency will suffer. (ala DJ Shorts book)

This is why I often separate my plants after harvesting and compare the smoke. Often the same strain will have very different qualities. Once cured I label as such "AK 47 #1, AK-47 #2.. AK-47 #3...and so forth.

Let us know how she smokes, Ken.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks Again You guys..I dont go by weeks or days outdoors...I always watch those hairs..and then use the loop..
I was just totally not expecting(or really wanting) her to be done already:wacky:
So, you learned something new today, didn't you? I say it's always good to learn at least one new thing every day. :D Did you do a partial harvey on her, or yank the whole gal?
i only took that one bud off so far...(I have weeds to wack cause my wife found a baby rattlesnake yesterday)
I will be cutting her today though...but not the whole plant.. because I have a branch that I pollenated and I want to make sure that gets done...How long do seeds take to mature? o_O

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ooo! What kind of rattler? I've never seen one up here, but I've seen three gorgeous baby kingsnakes, white & black stripe morph.

Four weeks for mature seeds is pretty good.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Thanks Again You guys..I dont go by weeks or days outdoors...I always watch those hairs..and then use the loop..
I was just totally not expecting(or really wanting) her to be done already:wacky:

i only took that one bud off so far...(I have weeds to wack cause my wife found a baby rattlesnake yesterday)
I will be cutting her today though...but not the whole plant.. because I have a branch that I pollenated and I want to make sure that gets done...How long do seeds take to mature? o_O
Whoa!! That's scary & super kool at the same time.. I guess it's more scary but that would of been a super kool pic.. But after thinking about it >> there must b a mom & dad with a grip of babies around there.. B carful out there doggie.. Did the baby snake have a tiny Lil rattler?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Ooo! What kind of rattler? I've never seen one up here, but I've seen three gorgeous baby kingsnakes, white & black stripe morph.

Four weeks for mature seeds is pretty good.

I would love to see a king snake! :)
not sure what kind of rattler this is

Whoa!! That's scary & super kool at the same time.. I guess it's more scary but that would of been a super kool pic.. But after thinking about it >> there must b a mom & dad with a grip of babies around there.. B carful out there doggie.. Did the baby snake have a tiny Lil rattler?

Accually it was one of out kittens that found the Tiny rattlesnake I probably would have Never seen it.
My wife happen to look out the window, and saw the kitten stalking something that was scary.
and other cats watching from far..she went out , got a shovel..but didnt have time(i wasnt home) to grab something to catch it in....She had to kill it..( Sorry Seamaiden) :( it was the snake or the cats or a goat..or our puppy..
This snake was just a few feet from the goat pen. Right along the path I use all day:eek:

And its so small and it cant warn you with a rattling...that makes it even more scary.
.still deadly and hurt a hell of a lot to get bit:dead:

Tinyrattle
Tinyrattlesnake53

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I would love to see a king snake! :)
not sure what kind of rattler this is

Accually it was one of out kittens that found the Tiny rattlesnake I probably would have Never seen it.
My wife happen to look out the window, and saw the kitten stalking something that was scary.
and other cats watching from far..she went out , got a shovel..but didnt have time(i wasnt home) to grab something to catch it in....She had to kill it..( Sorry Seamaiden) :( it was the snake or the cats or a goat..or our puppy..
This snake was just a few feet from the goat pen. Right along the path I use all day:eek:

And its so small and it cant warn you with a rattling...that makes it even more scary.
.still deadly and hurt a hell of a lot to get bit:dead:

View attachment 310296View attachment 310297
That is bad ass.. He don't look 2 small 2 me I was thinking as big as a fishing worm..

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
watch out for Momma.
I just weed wacked a big area..Didnt see any other snakes...They run from that wacker though..because I have never seen a snake while weed wacking for 5 years now up here ..I saw a big one near out front gate. but it was gone when I got back to catch it

Top Bottom