No one addresses odor in the micro grows

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

motz

Go to Menards and pick up a dryer vent box. Fill with dryer sheets or fill with water. Water will catch odors also.
The dryer box is for catching exhaust from the dryer it sits wherever you put it, for those who can't find a way to vent outside.

mikeb437

mikeb437

Been growing micro forever
Look for low Odar strains
Ona works pretty goodTry to get/DIY a small carbon filter with muffin fan combo
Like this on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-CARBON-FI...hash=item257e053e1a:m:m2kge2tIR2bQix-QA_FuVFA

There are diys for mini charcoal filters on Google.
Have bloom cycle come on at night... Less street traffic
Have a fan going in the room with your grow box to keep air mixed and moving
Know what direction your wind is blowing daily
Plant very "planty" smelling flowers/plants around your house.
Good luck!!!
Tj Hidrow

So you just hook this up to the box and thats it??

mikeb437

mikeb437

McCannabis, there is nothing you are going to be able to do to control odor. you are growing in a cardboard box, a highly porous material that will leak odor like nothing was there. Build yourself a small cabinet out of wood and then build a small carbon filter using activated charcoal from a pet supply store, a pair of stockings and vent ending from a hardware store.

Small carbon filters are actually very easy to build and are very suitable for micro and cabinet grows. The real issue with micro grows is closing them up. Often the doors will have small gaps that will allow odors to escape. If the doors of the cabinet are properly sealed when closed then the odor will be significantly less of an issue.

Dont you need a strong fan to push or pull the air thru the filter? What about noise?

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

What does everyone do about odor? That's one of the most important issues and no one has a word to say about it. I'm using a 5" pc fan to draw out the hot air from my grow but that's not strong enough to use with a carbon filter. Small grow or not, there's gonna be some smell to the weed so what is everyone doing about it? And there's no way I'm gonna but a huge 4" fan with a filter for a micro grow and a stealth grow as well!! Thought maybe ona gel would work but will that work with a fan going?

Ona gel makes a difference u can buy it in different scents and sizes it will not get rid of smell but it will drastically diminish it that's what I would use until I set up my carbon filter.

Tardbuster

Tardbuster

Ona gel, I've smoked plenty of that crap... Keep it far away from your buds. Unless you like dryer sheet weed? Cannabis is a SPONGE

"Those aren't terps bro, was this shit snuggled in by Snuggle bear? "

They make inline carbon filters, if you need it on the outside of the fan baffle.

GanjaNGains

GanjaNGains

Ona gel, I've smoked plenty of that crap... Keep it far away from your buds. Unless you like dryer sheet weed? Cannabis is a SPONGE

"Those aren't terps bro, was this shit snuggled in by Snuggle bear? "

They make inline carbon filters, if you need it on the outside of the fan baffle.

I agree I would only suggest using them if a carbon filter is not an option however Iv used them before and still created good tasting sweet smelling buds

Tejashidrow

Tejashidrow

Google
DIY pencil holder carbon filter
Made a couple
And they work great!!!!
Could not find 2 different sized pencil holders at Walmart.....
But EBay has em!!!
Peace

Top Bottom