No question to stupid(seedling feeding)

• Thread starter bevin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bevin

bevin

I was wandering when i should start feeding my seedlings. I know dumb question Im on my 4th rotation but 2 from seed. please let me know. they have already started forming there true leaves and some are yellowing from nitrogen defficancy is my best guess.

No question to stupidseedling feeding
No question to stupidseedling feeding 2
NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
transplant them into bigger pots- one or two gallons of nutrient rich soil and they will be good for another two or three weeks- then repeat the process with a bigger pot. This way you can avoid additional nutrient until they're two or three weeks into their final home

Looking pretty healthy.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
they will throw pre-flowers soon and you'll know. probably a week or so after you transplant them. transplant them into 1 gallon if you are concerned about "wasting" soil on the males. Its worth it to transplant now, I imagine you are watering them every other day at this point, I like to use that as my indication to transplant..

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
No question is a stupid question unless,,, its the same question asked 5 mins ago.

Great thread Bevin! Im assuming ur talking soil based on ur pictures. Is this soil only thread (wish i could see what topic it is From the Mobil format), or we talking all mediums.

Confu.

squiggly

squiggly

When they put out their 2nd set of true leaves feed them with a 1/8 - 1/4 strength nute mix.

OR

You can feed 1/4 strength compost tea starting from first set of true leaves and keep that going till they tell you they need something else (this is what I usually do).

These guys look to me like they will be ready to be transplanted very soon here. I would skip nutes altogether till I up-potted personally, I'd probably hit them with a tea at this point and up pot em in a day or two--but you could probably do it right now.

Cort

Cort

From what I am learning, the trick is keeping the momentum of the plant going. Upgrade pots as needed, when they get bigger you can selectively trim to keep them growing.

I have not popped tons of beans and if someone contradicts me I would listen, but wait till you can get a cutting off each plant and sex the cutting. Topping the plant is a good time to get a cutting.

squiggly

squiggly

From what I am learning, the trick is keeping the momentum of the plant going. Upgrade pots as needed, when they get bigger you can selectively trim to keep them growing.

I have not popped tons of beans and if someone contradicts me I would listen, but wait till you can get a cutting off each plant and sex the cutting. Topping the plant is a good time to get a cutting.

Yes this is exactly the way to do it in my opinion.

I generally go from dixies to 1 gallons and then into 3 gallons to finish. I try to take them *just* before they get rootbound.

My soil is quite alive (and has been teeming with bacteria/fungi for at least a month before a plant meets it)--so I avoid really having to feed any nutrients until they are in their final home by just keeping the teas steady and watering in molasses between applications.

bevin

bevin

So I transplanted into 1 gallon pots. and added 1/2 tbsp age old fish and seaweed to my watering. Cant wait to see who stays and who goes.

IMG 0254
IMG 0255
bevin

bevin

So my babys are 8 weeks old on wednesday, how can i tell sex without changing light period hanks

squiggly

squiggly

So my babys are 8 weeks old on wednesday, how can i tell sex without changing light period hanks

Wait longer. Most strains will put out preflowers if you wait long enough.

The tallest/stretchiest ones are probably dudes if you have any (but this isn't diagnostic at all).

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Some strains will preflower when they are stressed. This can happen when they get root bound. DO not let them get root bound. Keep them happy and be patient.

You are doing great so far,.

Cort

Cort

Take cuts, put said cuts in a dark area (a cabinet, a closet, a rubermade tote, plastic sheeting wrapped around an end table) set up a cheap timer to any light source like a single cfl bulb. You will know for sure in a few days.

You dont need to worry about perfect light exposure, temps or humidity, as long as temps are within reason.

dorjewright

dorjewright

Take cuts, put said cuts in a dark area (a cabinet, a closet, a rubermade tote, plastic sheeting wrapped around an end table) set up a cheap timer to any light source like a single cfl bulb. You will know for sure in a few days.

You dont need to worry about perfect light exposure, temps or humidity, as long as temps are within reason.
Cort, would you please elaborate. Root the cuts first ???? don't follow.

Cort

Cort

make clones. Grow your from seed plant to make a clone and test that.

many dont wait for that "clone" to root, they just flower the cut

Nutts

Nutts

Grown from seed. As soon as you've got six nodes is when I feed. I use organic bottle nutes and earthworm castings so its hard to burn em but I find waiting any longer than two weeks in my promix and they start to go deficient. I just two days ago fed these one fourth strength grow.

sun

sun

you could take cuts, & immediately while they are still rooting flower them @ 10/14 light /dark.they will tell you the sex of the corisponding plants just label....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................sorry already covered

Top Bottom