• Thread starter brian77
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
Can it be saved if that's the case???
If thats the case and it looks like it is. Then do 12/12 maybe go even lower with the light period. It will take some time till it goes back to flowering. I think a 24-48hr darkness right now and then 12/12 - 10/14 would be good. I mean the dark period never hurts. Some people do that while switching to 12/12. I do it cause my electric company is shit :)

Ina

Ina

I'm assuming it is on the window sill now after it has been outside?You cant keep full darkness that way in living room,i guess you put the lights on from time to time in that room?:)And if you use the day light from the window this time of the year in Ireland it wont develop nice buds.Put some warm light on it(as much as possible) and when it needs to be in the dark you should close it somewhere in full darkness.....

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
I'm assuming it is on the window sill now after it has been outside?You cant keep full darkness that way in living room,i guess you put the lights on from time to time in that room?:)And if you use the day light from the window this time of the year in Ireland it wont develop nice buds.Put some warm light on it(as much as possible) and when it needs to be in the dark you should close it somewhere in full darkness.....
Yes, you need to provide absolute darkness for it to flower properly as i have heard people giving couple of minutes light during the dark period to keep the plants in veg and it works, they don’t flower even getting less than 12 hrs of light. These plants are really sensitive to light.

brian77

brian77

If thats the case and it looks like it is. Then do 12/12 maybe go even lower with the light period. It will take some time till it goes back to flowering. I think a 24-48hr darkness right now and then 12/12 - 10/14 would be good. I mean the dark period never hurts. Some people do that while switching to 12/12. I do it cause my electric company is shit :)
I will try the 24 hr darkness. Didn't know that it would help. Makes sense now. Thanks mate

brian77

brian77

Yes, you need to provide absolute darkness for it to flower properly as i have heard people giving couple of minutes light during the dark period to keep the plants in veg and it works, they don’t flower even getting less than 12 hrs of light. These plants are really sensitive to light.
Great advice here. Really appreciate it. The window is in my sun room. Loads of light during the day. I've also be heating the room to keep the humidity right. I'm going to give it 24 hrs dark then back to 12/12

London bud

London bud

If i leave it in darkness for 24hrs (few people have mentioned it) should it go in to flowering again?
It won't go into flower over night but it will step it in the right direction, two weeks you need after 1212 for pistils. If I have a plant taking a while to flower I go from 12.12 to 11.13, 13hours of dark to encourage flowering when 12.12 ain't doing it. Its important u keep absolute darkness in the dark period.
Your plant is strange though, if it ain't a reveg then that's fucked just start again with another plant. No pistils no bud right? Unless u wanna waste yr time growiing sugar leaf

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Supporter
Am I missing something here? I thought auto flowers weren't dependent on a photo cycle?
Checked there. It's either auto critical jack. Or early skunk (pic n mix).
Early skunk is auto? I think he is not sure which one he has there.
Also i dont know which seedbank he uses but it seems early skunk is an indica sativa hybrid.
There is an auto version too but as i told it looks like revegging or a really odd plant either case dark period doesnt hurt.
Maybe if its an auto it will only hurt the yields which will be abysmal anyway if thats the normal flower structure of this plant.

Last edited:
brian77

brian77

I didn't even realize he said it was an auto lol
Am I missing something here? I thought auto flowers weren't dependent on a photo cycle?
It’s mustnt be an auto. It would have already flowered by not. 3 months old
If it's an auto you should be in flower within a month from seed, most autos finish within 14weeks
I meant mustn't. I've it in the roof space now. Nice and dark. At least 24 hrs

Top Bottom