non hydro shop soils

• Thread starter LOCO__MOCO
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LOCO__MOCO

What is the difference from potting soils sold at nurseries and hydro shop soils.... for example Eb Stone potting soil? Besides the price jk :devil Are they no good for growing the ganja?

SmokinDogCujo

SmokinDogCujo

Premium Member
Supporter
Loco Moco...

imo the potting soil found in nurseries is just as good as any soil found in a hydro shop. I took my wife to a nursery yesterday to pick up a few annuals for the garden and found a container mix by Farfard;

Container Mix

Fafard Container Mix is a blend of Ultra-Peat (an enhanced Canadian peat moss), perlite, and organic fertilizer, pH-adjusted and blended to promote healthy plant growth. It's light, versatile, and easy to use in all containers.

They had every possible amendment you could need for our hobby. I had to keep reminding myself that the trip to the nursery was not about me and my garden, but it was for my wife and her garden.

D

darookie2000

What is the difference from potting soils sold at nurseries and hydro shop soils.... for example Eb Stone potting soil? Besides the price jk :devil Are they no good for growing the ganja?

I'm not sure about the soils, but I have been buying amendments at nursery shops because they come in smaller bags. I didn't need 4 cu ft of perlite, just enough to get by. I did the same with garden lime (got a 5 lb bag from OSH). I think as long as you get a loamy soil (or amended to your liking) with pretty neutral pH, you'll probably be fine. Just make sure you look out for time release nutes, it will probably complicate things too much.

Top Bottom