Noob Panicking!

• Thread starter BobaJob
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BobaJob

BobaJob

Its common to see multiple phenos in a strain. Doesn't mean that they at risk in any way.

Hi Thanks for the reply. I realise that, I just thought it might be prudent. I tell you what though, one of them is going wild, I should mother her but alas, I don't have the space and am just growin personal lol

B

Badmf

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Yeah my GF keeps sighing at me and telling "they've not changed since the last time you looked" lol. They I went with organics for two reason 1) I read it's much more forgiving and 2) It's organic (well, apparently the cannabio full range is). To be fair, from what I can gather, they're actually doing quite well, I have worked out that they're actually 13 days from when they popped above the soil and are at their 4th node so, correct me if I'm wrong, they're doing quite well. The leaves were drooping a little and the soil did feel a little dry so I gave them a good drink (I watered bit by bit, trying to make sure all of the said got wet) and made sure there was some run off. Like an idiot though I fed again, and I think I may have made a mistake with that because the tips are starting to curl down ever so slightly but, they are all now pointing up nicely so I think I got the water right. However, I will have to do as you say now and just wait and see and be patient - hopefully they're really hungry girls and I won't be bitten.

Again, Thank you very much for your advice it is very much appreciated.

Kind regards, peace

Balanque

Balanque

Honestly if I had to guess I'd say slightly overfed. could be ph, could be a little overwatering. Likely something the plant will grow out of. You're plant looks relatively healthy aside from that discoloration, which is why I'd wait to say deficient. Maybe someone else will have more knowledge on the subject. I'd just water for a round.

BobaJob

BobaJob

Honestly if I had to guess I'd say slightly overfed. could be ph, could be a little overwatering. Likely something the plant will grow out of. You're plant looks relatively healthy aside from that discoloration, which is why I'd wait to say deficient. Maybe someone else will have more knowledge on the subject. I'd just water for a round.

Ahhhh... I did feed twice in a row with LOTS of water when I planned to rotate (water/feed/water and so on) and I did notice that the very tips were starting to curl under which I read is N toxicity and can be a symptom of over feeding??? Thanks for that! They're getting a little dry now, and I have topped them now.

Thanks again much appreciated.

Peace

BobaJob

BobaJob

Honestly if I had to guess I'd say slightly overfed. could be ph, could be a little overwatering. Likely something the plant will grow out of. You're plant looks relatively healthy aside from that

discoloration, which is why I'd wait to say deficient. Maybe someone else will have more knowledge on the subject. I'd just water for a round.

Turns out that praying leaves can be a sign of early magnesium deficiencywhich my plants were doing however that one is showing yellowing in between the veins. Also, I read on the canna website that a very wet substrate and/or water high in calcium carbonate can hinder the uptake of magnesium and my water is really hard (high in calcium carbonate). Looks lie I may have foundMy issue thanks to you and the rest of this forum I've got my answer

Thanksagain

Peace

BobaJob

BobaJob

Ok so the discoloration in the last photo has gotten worse. Canna site says it can be a phosphorous or magnesium deficiency. I did notice that one of the feeding schedules said in hard water to up the vega in the feed. Also I've noticed tha it's worse on phenotype with darker leaves. All this apparently can be cause by hard water (high in calcium carbonate)

Wha do you people think I should do as I'm worried as I don't want to make a mistake and decimate my crop.

Regards

Peace

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
What my 2 cents is/are:
1. Too wet
2. Plants to young to feed
3. Lights are too strong
4. Over parenting/ jitters

So what do we do?
Let her dry, weigh her at “wet”
Water when that weight is 25% from original weight
Seedling doesn’t need any feed until you start her at veg, 3-4 weeks post germination
Lights, use blue spectrum fluorescent up until veg starts. 5-6 lateral branch formation.
Cal mag has calcium nitrate that’s all the feed it needs until you start veg.
So after growing I’d like to say a million plus plants I’ve seen it all mate.
Sometimes it gets the better of us because we worry. Let nature do its thing we just help it along by ensuring it gets air, water and heat!!

BobaJob

BobaJob

What my 2 cents is/are:
1. Too wet
2. Plants to young to feed
3. Lights are too strong
4. Over parenting/ jitters

So what do we do?
Let her dry, weigh her at “wet”
Water when that weight is 25% from original weight
Seedling doesn’t need any feed until you start her at veg, 3-4 weeks post germination
Lights, use blue spectrum fluorescent up until veg starts. 5-6 lateral branch formation.
Cal mag has calcium nitrate that’s all the feed it needs until you start veg.
So after growing I’d like to say a million plus plants I’ve seen it all mate.
Sometimes it gets the better of us because we worry. Let nature do its thing we just help it along by ensuring it gets air, water and heat!!

Hi and thanks for taking the time to reply.

I fit all of the above... I started feeding two weeks after they popped above the surface (canna say that there soil has enough for for a couple of weeks). I Think I may have over watered, I hadn't watered for a few days but there pots didn't feel very light at all. I'm using a 600w HPS (dimmed to 400w) I am always in there looking too lol.

Here's a pick of the one i'm worried about

Sicpic2

Thanks again

Peace

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Hi and thanks for taking the time to reply.

I fit all of the above... I started feeding two weeks after they popped above the surface (canna say that there soil has enough for for a couple of weeks). I Think I may have over watered, I hadn't watered for a few days but there pots didn't feel very light at all. I'm using a 600w HPS (dimmed to 400w) I am always in there looking too lol.

Here's a pick of the one i'm worried about

View attachment 860336

Thanks again

Peace
Calmag next watering cycle, use calmag every time u water and they will bounce back, just let her dry. Out in between

B

Badmf

Always Ph your water!!

BobaJob

BobaJob

Calmag next watering cycle, use calmag every time u water and they will bounce back, just let her dry. Out in between

ah cool I will purchase some asap. Just a quick question if i may? Canna site states that there is no need to Ph unless you have hard water (high calcium carbonate) which I haven't been doing. Do you think I should just try doing that and carrying as is to see if it helps because they said that hard water can cause magnesium deficiency - don't misunderatnd me i'm not questioning your experience and I really appreciate your help, I am just trying to keep it as natural/organic as possible.

Thanks again

peace

BobaJob

BobaJob

Always Ph your water!!

Yeah that's my fault.. I read that with the full biocanna range there was no need to Ph because it regulates on its own... I didn't read eberything and missed an important detail on their site (feeding schedule)
  • The pH doesn’t generally need to be corrected Hard water
    (pH > 7.5) is an exception to this.

It is recommended that the pH should then be corrected to 6.0 – 6.5. pH correction using Organic Acid. (or pH min grow)
Rooky mistake and poor attention to detail on my part.

Thanks again for your help/tips/advice, it's very much appreciated.

Peace

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Yeah that's my fault.. I read that with the full biocanna range there was no need to Ph because it regulates on its own... I didn't read eberything and missed an important detail on their site (feeding schedule)
  • The pH doesn’t generally need to be corrected Hard water
    (pH > 7.5) is an exception to this.

It is recommended that the pH should then be corrected to 6.0 – 6.5. pH correction using Organic Acid. (or pH min grow)
Rooky mistake and poor attention to detail on my part.

Thanks again for your help/tips/advice, it's very much appreciated.

Peace
Yea if u can ph the water, usually ph down , in a pinch lime will do it , won’t need much

BobaJob

BobaJob

Yea if u can ph the water, usually ph down , in a pinch lime will do it , won’t need much

I'm going to order a ph/ec tester; I am also going to install a water filter in order to oh my water and to hopefully remove some/most of the crap out of my water to help negate this issue in the future. It stinks of chlorine too. My plan is the first test the water (ph/ec) without the filter so I get an idea of what is going on in my soil (I'm hoping the bloody chlorine hasn't killed my soil) and then after filtration. Then I will ph test after I add feed to my filtered water. If my water tests =>7 before any filtering I will presume I have a high ph in my soil so I will ph my water + feed to 6.0 and make sure I have good run off. I have also considered that I have enough nutrients in the soil so I might just filter plain water, ph down to 6.0 and water like that with plenty of runoff to try to get it down to where I need it. The problem is that how do I know where the soil is? Is it safe to presume that if my water is =>7.0 That my soil will be too and that 6.0 will be a good number to go with

As always. Thank you all hugely for all the help.

Regards

Peace

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I'm going to order a ph/ec tester; I am also going to install a water filter in order to oh my water and to hopefully remove some/most of the crap out of my water to help negate this issue in the future. It stinks of chlorine too. My plan is the first test the water (ph/ec) without the filter so I get an idea of what is going on in my soil (I'm hoping the bloody chlorine hasn't killed my soil) and then after filtration. Then I will ph test after I add feed to my filtered water. If my water tests =>7 before any filtering I will presume I have a high ph in my soil so I will ph my water + feed to 6.0 and make sure I have good run off. I have also considered that I have enough nutrients in the soil so I might just filter plain water, ph down to 6.0 and water like that with plenty of runoff to try to get it down to where I need it. The problem is that how do I know where the soil is? Is it safe to presume that if my water is =>7.0 That my soil will be too and that 6.0 will be a good number to go with

As always. Thank you all hugely for all the help.

Regards

Peace
Tap water , use 5 gal water jugs, fill and let it sit overnight, chlorine dissipates fast. This will help you get by until u get a filter. FYI filtered water will also be alkaline so watch that ph hence I like the fact you are investing in a ph meter!!

Funk junky

Funk junky

Yeah what I see is I think you soil has contracted, hopefully you still have some and can add? What size are those pots are they rhizopots? You’re roots seem to be exposed if these are not your final containers? You must now use this opportunity to repot, the only thing you may have lost is time and not much at that. Soil does have buffers and it’s not as vital as say hydro and coco which in science is classed as hydro. Is it only chlorine or is it chloramine? Chloramine is chlorine and ammonia it doesn’t leave from leaving the water standing or oxidation as quick. But this is not gonna effect you growing good weed, this is optimisation.
Organic soil is about micro life preservation. But they don’t mean your not going to grow good weed it just means that if you get it dialed in you can beat anything hydro can throw at you. Seriously though I always top my pots right up due to shrinkage. Have you any drainage know unnecessary in rhizopots, but one less problem to look at while you tweak the rest.
I have switched to rhizopots my self and have tried with and without drainage and find a very small layer of hydro balls or gravel (gravel less desirable if you value your back) can make more manageable if time is of value, and the soil should have enough nitrogen to make it to first feed. Personally I would add some rhizoctonia too the soil your adding and make sure every bit of soil has water drain through it but with a gentle squeeze retains mostuire but does not drip, that is your benchmark damp not soggy white roots not brown, water in circle trying get uniformed dampness!

Funk junky

Funk junky

You might see a need to break the crust delicately too ensure that the soil is uniformly damp without damaging roots and keep slightly away from stem rom weren’t built I a day, if you have all the today you won’t look forward to Christmas example only

Top Bottom