• Thread starter budjamesbud
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

dglruns91

wow!!
this is an amazing post
thanks for all the good info
that's interesting that you're using CFLs for the vegg. i might consider setting up a seedling/vegg chamber in a cupboard i have when i start second grow.

i haven't started reviewing the harvest process yet. but, i usually trim, hang, dry trim, cure in jars
i might start a grow jornal to list my gear, etc.
there's some killer black friday deals right now
got a viparspectre xs1500 pro light, 32x32x63 zazzy tent and vivosun fan/filter combo for approx $375cdn total; there's some kits, but f you look you can piece together your own kit ;)...
going to go with coco/perlite and Adv Nutes stuff
LEDs have largely supplanted the use of CFLs.
also i love your setup, xs1500 pro, advanced nutrients, coco coir / perlite! good luck on your grow boss man

3cats

3cats

awesome
that's encouraging!
i ended up getting a tent thats 32x32x63 and the vipraspectre xs1500 pro.
the light has good reviews and the tent not too small, not too big lol... and a good price
i'm going to do coco and perlite and use the Adv. Nutes sensi grow; supplement with big bud
i'm going to try 4 plants in 5 gallon grow bags for first grow. 2 strains at once
i'm looking at some seeds from truenorth seeds and/or quebec cannabis seeds; going with feminized, based on some great feedback from you guys
getting black domina for sure; considering grape skunk, cheese and a few others

thanks!
I second QCseeds, look at their Quebec Blue, spectacular plant, Are you sure you want to grow in Coco? its not an easy medium to grow in and requires some automation with watering multiple times per day. Promix by the bales are almost idiot proof way to grow, water / feed/ water/ feed.

Have a look at Spiderfarmers stuff I've2 SF tents & 4 of their lights and they work well I like the SE3000's & G3000 for a 3x3 and there is no tax or shipping cost in Canada so with their Black Friday sales and no tax that makes them very viable as an option.

B

budjamesbud

I second QCseeds, look at their Quebec Blue, spectacular plant, Are you sure you want to grow in Coco? its not an easy medium to grow in and requires some automation with watering multiple times per day. Promix by the bales are almost idiot proof way to grow, water / feed/ water/ feed.

Have a look at Spiderfarmers stuff I've2 SF tents & 4 of their lights and they work well I like the SE3000's & G3000 for a 3x3 and there is no tax or shipping cost in Canada so with their Black Friday sales and no tax that makes them very viable as an option.
good to hear on the QCseeds! i'll check out that strain... i ended up getting NLxSkunk and Grape Skunk
i did look at spoderfarsm... they have a great bunch of kits... but, i'm cheap lol... i was able to al la carte a few things
i've started a grow journal/diary this morning

thanks for the reply!!

D

dglruns91

i am growing in coco with no perlite honestly i have my plants in a 1 gallon container with like 24 days of veg and i water once a day not multiple times a day.

if your coco is mixed with enough perlite than you can water again after the plant drinks up 10% of the water in the pot(i got this tip from dr.mjcoco from coco for cannabis).

but if the plant is small and is not drinking up that much water than you cannot water multiple times a day in coco.

i use advanced nutrients with ph perfect tech and all i do is feed / feed / feed / feed / feed / feed lmfao i never check ph i never check ppm / ec. no bs lol what i love about coco is that you feed every time you water its just like hydro!

honestly promix does not sound like my cup of tea if you have too water in between feedings.

sorry for spam just my 2 cents peace :D

3cats

3cats

i am growing in coco with no perlite honestly i have my plants in a 1 gallon container with like 24 days of veg and i water once a day not multiple times a day.

if your coco is mixed with enough perlite than you can water again after the plant drinks up 10% of the water in the pot(i got this tip from dr.mjcoco from coco for cannabis).

but if the plant is small and is not drinking up that much water than you cannot water multiple times a day in coco.

i use advanced nutrients with ph perfect tech and all i do is feed / feed / feed / feed / feed / feed lmfao i never check ph i never check ppm / ec. no bs lol what i love about coco is that you feed every time you water its just like hydro!

honestly promix does not sound like my cup of tea if you have too water in between feedings.

sorry for spam just my 2 cents peace :D
Okay no problem you've got it handled I've been growing indoor with peat based mediums for 25+ years and I've read of hundreds of people on here and elsewhere growing in coco and having problems. It can be a good medium if you know what you're doing but to noobs it can be a killer. Veg great then go into flower and go wtf what happened?

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Okay no problem you've got it handled I've been growing indoor with peat based mediums for 25+ years and I've read of hundreds of people on here and elsewhere growing in coco and having problems. It can be a good medium if you know what you're doing but to noobs it can be a killer. Veg great then go into flower and go wtf what happened?
Peat is a good medium for cannabis, but I don't use it. It's a non-renewable resource. Its use is unsustainable because it grows back at about 1 mm per year, which is much slower than its rate of use. Harvesting peat also releases huge amounts of stored carbon dioxide.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Peat is a good medium for cannabis, but I don't use it. It's a non-renewable resource. Its use is unsustainable because it grows back at about 1 mm per year, which is much slower than its rate of use. Harvesting peat also releases huge amounts of stored carbon dioxide.
Unfortunately one person makes zero difference(evwn milions of is to be honest), agriculture alone could make a massive difference if they didn't just kill the soil and then just spray nutes on the dead soil. Commercial farmers destroy the land to produce massive food supplies, so it's a

The world definetly needs to rethink things.
Soil science can help the planet a ton, however green energy with all these batteries made from slave Mines that are legit toxic waste once they are spent and solar panels that after their life cycle finishes are the same. Nuclear fission and better renewable agriculture is the way imo.

M

monkey47

new to this site
i have quite a bit of experience growing over the last 30 years or so on and off... in and outdoors
i quite shcked at how cheap the indoor equipment has become and looking to buy a small tent
my wife and i smoke about 2oz a month. i've been thinking that i could grow at least 6oz in 3-4 months in a small tent...

i've been considering the marshydro kits; either the 2x2 (600/100w) or 3x3 (1000/150w)

my questions are:
is about 8 oz every 3-4 months possible/realistic in a small tent?
any thoughts on the marshaydro kits?
thoughts on choosing the 3x3 over the 2x2? i'm think the small difference in price and the bigger lamp makes sense to go with the 3x3
any thought on grwoing autoflowers n a tent?

thanks folks
You ll get higher yields with clones then autoflower a mother can be in 24 lights on and clones to. so no need for a tent and for the amount of clones you are gonna need you can use a 50 watt led or just buy the ts600 (i use it to pre grow for 2 weeks then i flip them tot 12 12 under hps) Get the 3x3 tent and the ts1000 you should be able to get 0,8 grams per watt to 1 gram per watt for beginners out of it.

B

budjamesbud

Hey folks
Girls in about day 15 of flower
They vegged about 6 weeks approximately. The purple skunk kind of lagged behind so gave a little extra vegg.
Tied back a bunch, did some pinching/supercropping and topped once on PS and twice on NL.
Recently turned light to 75% from 50% at about 16” so about 625ish ppfd.
They are pretty bushy and very healthy!
Going to defoliate end of week 3.
Haven’t put up my trellis yet. I like being able to spin the plants and bring them out for pruning. So might not use it.
Been following the advanced nutez schedule.
Here’s some pix

IMG 7380
IMG 7379
IMG 7386
IMG 7387
Top Bottom