Noobie concerned

• Thread starter Tyzoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Tyzoo

I have 5 autos going and 3-5 were all planted in FF strawberry fields and all look really good. The first two darker green plants are examples of the plants in the fox farms strawberry fields. Being a noobie that I am I ran out of the fox farm soil… so for my other 2 plants I just mixed an organic soil with peat moss coco coir and vermiculite but no other nutrients. It is definitely showing signs of deficiency that the fox farm plants are not showing any suggestions? The light green plant with the cat claw is the plant I am concerned about. 45 days old PPFD 600s Dli 45

Noobie concerned
Noobie concerned 2
Noobie concerned 3
Noobie concerned 4
T

Tyzoo

I have been feeding it but I would say kinda conservative especially since this was a standard organic soil without all the additives that fox farms puts in their soil. The last couple feedings I have gave this plant per gallon 1 teaspoon of tiger bloom and 1 tablespoon of big bloom I cut out the grow big since I am now in week six. However I only gave this plant 1 or 2 feedings of grow big in total. I just ordered some bush dr calmag since I have not used any calmag and some bush doctor boomerang. I would also like to add this is my first grow I am a noob but definitely excited I feel my plants look good overall for a first timer. Here is a photo of all of them this was a couple days ago. You can’t really see the one I am having concerns about in this pic

IMG 1114
K

KeyFingerFlying

Hello! How was your day?

The grow room looks actually fantastic and the plants you have are quite healthy. A few problems though, the light greeny color of the leaves means that the plants needs some nutrients. If you feed them properly that can mean that the issue comes from somewhere else, also the curved yellow edges of the leaves, perhaps too much water and the water washes away the food from the roots or perhaps too much light or too close, just make a common "maintance" and check the basic things such as light, water ph and stuff like that and you'll find the week spot

T

Tyzoo

Feed it. Do you have any nutrients
leaf edge curl is light stress, if yellowing is mainly top and big fan leaves than its lights stress, if more yellowing midway and lower than needing some nitrogen,.
The only leaves that have yellowed are ones that I believe may have got wet during water with nutrients mixed in. Again I am a total noob. The light may have been a bit close I measured the Ppfd and Dli.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
I have 5 autos going and 3-5 were all planted in FF strawberry fields and all look really good. The first two darker green plants are examples of the plants in the fox farms strawberry fields. Being a noobie that I am I ran out of the fox farm soil… so for my other 2 plants I just mixed an organic soil with peat moss coco coir and vermiculite but no other nutrients. It is definitely showing signs of deficiency that the fox farm plants are not showing any suggestions? The light green plant with the cat claw is the plant I am concerned about. 45 days old PPFD 600s Dli 45
General tip: Strawberry fields has bad drainage. I would add rice hulls or perlite to it next time. A better mix imo is half happy frog half ocean forest with some added aeration if you like the fox farm brand

T

Tyzoo

Hello! How was your day?

The grow room looks actually fantastic and the plants you have are quite healthy. A few problems though, the light greeny color of the leaves means that the plants needs some nutrients. If you feed them properly that can mean that the issue comes from somewhere else, also the curved yellow edges of the leaves, perhaps too much water and the water washes away the food from the roots or perhaps too much light or too close, just make a common "maintance" and check the basic things such as light, water ph and stuff like that and you'll find the week spot
Thanks for the compliment! What a ride! these plants started in 1, 2x2 I didn’t do any training this is my first time grow. Realized how tight 5, 3 gallon pots were. So then I got 2, 2x2s then I realized how short 48 inches with a light is so I had to find a different space for them all together. And again only 1 out of the 5 is light green all the the other have a much darker green color.

T

Tyzoo

General tip: Strawberry fields has bad drainage. I would add rice hulls or perlite to it next time. A better mix imo is half happy frog half ocean forest with some added aeration if you like the fox farm brand
Thanks for the tip! First timer I have learned a lot. However the light green plant with the cat clawing wasn’t FF SF those are the better looking plants… However I am Definitely not married to fox farms. I had fungus knots within the first two weeks of my grow luckily I treated with diatomaceous earth and completely got rid of the issue. I know that could be from me but I have heard others say their soil has been contamed with knats. I was considering doing 50/50 oxen forest and happy frog I currently am currently sitting on 2 Mephisto beans I’m going to try next.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Thanks for the tip! First timer I have learned a lot. However the light green plant with the cat clawing wasn’t FF SF those are the better looking plants… However I am Definitely not married to fox farms. I had fungus knots within the first two weeks of my grow luckily I treated with diatomaceous earth and completely got rid of the issue. I know that could be from me but I have heard others say their soil has been contamed with knats. I was considering doing 50/50 oxen forest and happy frog I currently am currently sitting on 2 Mephisto beans I’m going to try next.
Also open your soil a couple.weeks prior and leave it open to dry out then the larvae die. Any soil can have them. I hear good things about mephisto, @Trustfall has great seeds on here for future grows consider him

T

Tyzoo

Also open your soil a couple.weeks prior and leave it open to dry out then the larvae die. Any soil can have them. I hear good things about mephisto, @Trustfall has great seeds on here for future grows consider him
Thanks yes I kinda raked the top layer and let completely dry. Thanks for the suggestion. I did 5 plants this grow I didn’t think all 5 would make it past the seedling stage. I have definitely invested more into this hobby then I initially thought I would hahah. But am totally looking forward to more research and experience

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Thanks yes I kinda raked the top layer and let completely dry. Thanks for the suggestion. I did 5 plants this grow I didn’t think all 5 would make it past the seedling stage. I have definitely invested more into this hobby then I initially thought I would hahah. But am totally looking forward to more research and experience
Happy to hear you are enjoying growing the herb! It is so much better to grow your own imo. You have had a pretty good first grow so far with all of them surviving! This is a good community to learn from if you stick around ✌

T

Tyzoo

Happy to hear you are enjoying growing the herb! It is so much better to grow your own imo. You have had a pretty good first grow so far with all of them surviving! This is a good community to learn from if you stick around ✌
Yes it has been a lot of fun I live in a legal state and have decided I wanted to break free from the dispensary scene. While growing more appreciation for the plant and also save a little 💰. I kept it simple so I could try to just understand the plant needs.

420autoflier

420autoflier

Coco and soil, why?. Follow the fox farms feed schedule and get some calmag. Coco and soil shouldn't be mixed.

T

Tyzoo

Read up on coco and cations. Checkout coco for cannabis.
Coco and soil, why?. Follow the fox farms feed schedule and get some calmag. Coco and soil shouldn't be mixed.
3 out of the 5 plants were straight strawberry fields. They are the healthier looking ones in the pictures. I ran out of strawberry fields and made a rookie move and just mixed an organic soil with peat moss/coco/vermiculite together and that is the light green plant showing deficiencies.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
The only leaves that have yellowed are ones that I believe may have got wet during water with nutrients mixed in. Again I am a total noob. The light may have been a bit close I measured the Ppfd and Dli.
oh ok, yes water with nutrients got the leaves wet and turned yellow,.
oh ok ppfd and dli? ok i must be wrong,.

T

Tyzoo

oh ok, yes water with nutrients got the leaves wet and turned yellow,.
oh ok ppfd and dli? ok i must be wrong,.
I’m using the Photone app with a piece a paper I’m trying to keep DLI around 45 and ppfd in the 600s. However I did raise my light a bit bc it was a little high. Its really the top couple sets really showing most stress here is another picture

IMG 1122
Top Bottom