Noobie concerned

• Thread starter Tyzoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I’m using the Photone app with a piece a paper I’m trying to keep DLI around 45 and ppfd in the 600s. However I did raise my light a bit bc it was a little high. Its really the top couple sets really showing most stress here is another picture
ppfd dli etc don’t matter, as lots of other factors are involved,. you need to learn to read the plants yourself, leaf edge curl is an early sign of light stress and it’ll just get worse if you continue the rest of the way through flower your yield potency taste all will be affected negatively,. next time train your plant to have an even canopy or get a few more light for hanging sideways,.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
ppfd dli etc don’t matter, as lots of other factors are involved,. you need to learn to read the plants yourself, leaf edge curl is an early sign of light stress and it’ll just get worse if you continue the rest of the way through flower your yield potency taste all will be affected negatively,. next time train your plant to have an even canopy or get a few more light for hanging sideways,.
So true gnick, I eye ball everything in my grows, taking too many measurements makes you stop reading the plant itself imo.

T

Tyzoo

Thank you I definitely plan on trying some training next go around and also and only doing 2 plants verse 5 of them. It will be more manageable with my work schedule.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Thank you I definitely plan on trying some training next go around and also and only doing 2 plants verse 5 of them. It will be more manageable with my work schedule.
Solid plan, maybe even start 4 or 5 and pick the best 2. I like to do that to avoid runts and mutants.

420autoflier

420autoflier

@Tyzoo , its cool bro. soil and coco have different watering and fertigation requirements. coco has cations and can absorb and hold on to calcium and can and will cause a difficiency if not properly treated and fertigated. coco is basically inert, void of any nutrients what so ever and has to be watered with nutrients solution every watering. soil rarely needs any calcium and is a water, water, feed type thing with no runoff. coco is usually fertigated multiple times per day to runoff to keep nutrients available and ph in the root zone at a steady state. happy frog is great for autos, not nearly as hot as ocean forest and i had really good results with ocean forest... good luck bro.

T

Tyzoo

@Tyzoo , its cool bro. soil and coco have different watering and fertigation requirements. coco has cations and can absorb and hold on to calcium and can and will cause a difficiency if not properly treated and fertigated. coco is basically inert, void of any nutrients what so ever and has to be watered with nutrients solution every watering. soil rarely needs any calcium and is a water, water, feed type thing with no runoff. coco is usually fertigated multiple times per day to runoff to keep nutrients available and ph in the root zone at a steady state. happy frog is great for autos, not nearly as hot as ocean forest and i had really good results with ocean forest... good luck bro.
I definitely was mixing growing mediums without doing the research. I guess I’ll let this one ride out with the other ladies since I’m already this far in.

jdog22

jdog22

a good way to know if you copping light/heat stress is all the pointy parts on the leaf will curl reducing the surface area of the leaf so it can take less sun, bloody smart plant.

also white tips can be another indication.
your plants are looking pretty good also :)

T

Tyzoo

a good way to know if you copping light/heat stress is all the pointy parts on the leaf will curl reducing the surface area of the leaf so it can take less sun, bloody smart plant.

also white tips can be another indication.
your plants are looking pretty good also :)
Thanks for the pointers! I appreciate the kind words on the plants. In the going comes the understanding I suppose😎

Latest posts

Top Bottom