NORCAL Meet, Greet, and SMOKE OUT Gathering!!!

• Thread starter Sway
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

Big C

so this is a 400 max capacity event? is everyone a judge or there's regular admission outside of the 400?

The Joker

The Joker

I'm ready....people need to "gather" more....what ever happened to that?

Make it happen. I used to throw big parties... Costume parties, theme parties. Now we just do dinner parties or bonfires on the beach.

The goal is to have fun with your friends, nor just sitting around and getting wasted. And if you can't host a party, then have a "get together" playing frisbee and hanging out in GG park or on the beach. It's easy!

400 bucks to get high !!! For 400 I can go stay at Indian Springs in Calistoga , get massages, mud bath, mineral soak , eat a world class dinner and smoke all the joints I want in my hotel room or hot tub. And have change left over.

Celebrate life! Call your friends, make it happen! They will appreciate it more than complete strangers on the Internet.

Beach Party! Grill, surf waves , have fun!

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I been watching this for some time trying to deside what I think of a meet up. Really not sure and really not sure how I`d get away any way.I do indoor and contenus grow`n year round.I some times also do out door grows through local co-ops.And that`s on top of seed grows! I`m mostly a hermit anymore.Would be fun but I don`t think I could do a large meet thing. Just not used to being around very many people anymore. Now if you get a smaller group say with a band and BBQ and it`s not on public land let me know.

The Joker

The Joker

Why not just a picnic in golden gate park, bring your own food and hang. Beach could be good, but could be a bit cold and windy for most folks. I've never been hassled smoking in golden gate park ever. As long as the ground is dry. Like a pot luck.

When I was younger and poorer ( although I seem to be heading back to poor with this economy) I couldn't afford to have a big party, so we had potlucks. Had a girlfriend in Noe Valley with a piano in the living room. We hung out and played music into the wee hours. Later on we stopped doing it and went out alot to clubs and restaurants.

But looking back, those pot lucks were some of the best times I've ever had.

You don't need money, or a band. You just need kind , like minded folks and some cheap entertainment like a soccer ball, some frisbees and at least 1 or 2 very funny people.

The other place that we used to have awesome get togethers at was the Marin Headlands. That's still doable provided it's not super windy.

O

Oregonic

I am pretty new here but I like the jokers idea of an all inclusive, pot luck style laid back thing. If anyone out there has drifted in the burning man community you see this a lot and works better then you might think. Can't cook/afford to bring food then do clean up or other services, bring your music gear and share with everyone. Everyone can offer something on some level to make a chill meet and greet/show off session ;)

If I had 400 bills to toss down on a single party I would pony up the extra to go to tokers bowl or canni cup, at least then I get to leave the states.

I hope something happens and its a fucking raging good time, great idea BTW!

P

psillyrabbit

ill be at the expo for sure this summer is gonna rock further in the gold country phish in bezerkley and mushroom season was good cant wait:rastadancing:

D

Dubwobble

I won't say exactly where but it would be somewhere between Oakland and Vallejo

lol

I'll drive pretty much anywhere.

Boarding sounds cool, but I don't think it is really conducive to quality meeting time.

A bar sounds cool, but if it's a real place it's gonna be hard to smoke freely (unless it's in San Francisco). Also, not the best place for quality meeting time.

An underground location that is legit would be best.

Area 101 up North in Laytonville would prob. be down.
Red Sky Records in San Francisco would be down (if we book in advance). Club Cocomo in San Francisco held the SF cups there, it is an indoor / outdoor place and you can smoke freely. I have friends that run the Vulcan Art Warehouse in Oakland. It has a large public area with a stage for music (I have a soundsystem) as well as large screens for short movies or projections.

I work with all these places and can contact any of them easily.

Anyways, sounds like fun. "Tupperware Party!"

Oh yah - no money involved. That would ruin it. If we have to rent something like a space I'll cover it, no worries.

Potluck food and BYOB (unless it's at a bar)

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
I was down with it until you said no Tupperware,LOL!

G

growmama

I agree on the no money involved. anyone from chico? we could do a carpool

D

dorkvan420

Hey growmama I am just south of you in the Yuba foothills...I'd offer a ride but wont be shelling out no large $$$'s for a party thats for sure.
I know of a large park on the river w/full access,large BBQ pits, and plenty of parking and places to crash, both in the park and surrounding areas , & it is easy to get to off main roads and if the Clampers can get loose and wild for an entire weekend, we surely can do as we please...although better if there is no alcohol, the devils juice, such an evil mess it brings!!!

growmama if you ever just want to get out and smoke a doobie....feel free to contact me and get my info & we'll have top hook up with like cool cats & have a BBQ soon!!!
Have a great day folks...seems the sun is out this year where I am ..time to play outside for a few!!!!

Y

yeeyee

count me in, im in san jose and im cutting down the garden on thursday so ill bring plenty. some where in frisco or santa cruz would be cool!

DeRail

DeRail

I would be up for a good party. I know i haven't been here long but i have been a medical patient for 8 years now my OCBC card #144** please count me in.

G

Gro

sway
were u at the whee fest,because a group of us came up with that very same idea.were u one of that group.if not,i'm in.i'll do both!

G

Gro

i might be able to get some support from the H.T.crew.could get in the mag.also,might have a 40+ acre spot centrally located.

H

headinthetrees

New around here, but I support the idea. If you don't feel comfortable being out about the fact you grow, you don't have to. Just some friends meeting up to puff some dank. For laughs, we could even keep the forum speak to a minimum, and try to guess who eachother is.

Also, I can spin. Depending on the day. I have tables/mixer, however I have no pa system anymore. Been out of the business for a bit, only do it for a hobby now. I'm mostly into underground hip hop, breakbeat, jungle and reggae, but I'll play whatever people like to hear. I'd prefer not to be the only act, as I don't want to spend the entire time behind the decks, but I'd be happy to open for a band or some emcee's.

Anywhere in Sacramento/Chico/Mendo/Bay area is cool with me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom