Norcal Outdoor Medical, Organic Forest Grow. First Grow Log

• Thread starter BudBogart
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Plans for planting this weekend may have to be put off for just a couple of days. Emergency, unplanned car shopping needed.
Couple Fridays ago my wife was on her way here, in a 40 mph zone when her front left tire blew.
I drove down to wait with her while AAA changed her tire. He left assuming everything was fine. It wasn't. The car had obvious problems so we had it towed to repair facility.
This was an eight year old luxury suv. The claim adjuster just advised us that they would be totaling the vehicle.
Amazing from a non collision tire blow out with no body damage. Wtf, you feel me,?, lol.
Same here brother! Wife totaled her car( little front end damage) insurance declared a totaled vehicle, luckily GAP insurance payed it off, spent the whole day getting a new car 1 week ago! Good luck shopping for a new car & hope your wife is ok

BudBogart

BudBogart

I should be doing something. I need to put together a 10 ft. decorative windmill for Mother's Day, but instead I reminisce.
I only have two neighbors. We don't bother each other. One is a retired highway patrol.
He has two ponds. He has been taking dirt from various spots to make a pad.
So one year during the drought, the smaller fore pond dried up. My neighbor took his tractor and scooped up the soil from the bottom of the pond and piled about 10 yards of this stuff and let it sit.
We would drive past this pile of soil and see 6 foot tall weeds growing from this soil and 18 inches tall same weeds growing 10 feet away.
Never could bring myself to take a sample, and sure not going to bring gardening up with the retired CHP! But dang, I still think about that stuff just sitting up on a building pad!

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

I should be doing something. I need to put together a 10 ft. decorative windmill for Mother's Day, but instead I reminisce.
I only have two neighbors. We don't bother each other. One is a retired highway patrol.
So one year during the drought, the smaller fore pond dried up. My neighbor took his tractor and scooped up the soil from the bottom of the pond and piled about 10 yards of this stuff and let it sit.
We would drive past this pile of soil and see 6 foot tall weeds growing from this soil and 18 inches tall same weeds growing 10 feet away.
Never could bring myself to take a sample, and sure not going to bring gardening up with the retired CHP! But dang, I still think about that stuff just sitting up on a building pad!
Shit grab that shit dog! He probably smokes a little herb lol

N

Nomadic

Shit grab that shit dog! He probably smokes a little herb lol

You never know! Went to see Grand Funk Railroad "American Band" concert in dallas/ft. worth around '75. Joints fly ever direction from sides, top, and below. Two cops standing between the aisle were taking, smoking, and passing joints with the rest of us. I almost shit the first time I saw my buddy hand that cop a joint the first time!

N

Nomadic

I grew weeds like that! My chickens had pine flakes which I digested with Phoenix worms (Black Army Flies). Piled it up under some trees and it grew weeds like MAD. It also created a 30' diameter green grass area where nothing would grow.

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

You never know! Went to see Grand Funk Railroad "American Band" concert in dallas/ft. worth around '75. Joints fly ever direction from sides, top, and below. Two cops standing between the aisle were taking, smoking, and passing joints with the rest of us. I almost shit the first time I saw my buddy hand that cop a joint the first time!
Lol thats funnyive been a fireman for 17 years, i know alot of fireman that smoke, we just cant let our employers find out, 1 more year to retirement! When i sign my exit papers I'll be lighting up a fatty in his office! Lol fucken A

Last edited:
BudBogart

BudBogart

Decided to get some pics of my grow garage before I take her down for the season.
Believe it or not, I accomplished this without benefit of any engineering background.
It's well lit, heated floor, easily pulls out to benefit from sunny days. It is air cooled and the lighting is adjustable. It is well insulated, at least until I need my sleeping bag.
Bought the t5's, the heating mat and the perfectly fitting square pots and a new roll of duct tape. Everything else was laying around. Better living through Tyvek and Duct Tape.
Plans are available online. (Baffle in front of fan not included in plans)

Orcaman

Orcaman

You are a lucky man to live in such a beautiful place. And from the looks of things I don't think you need any of the neighbors dirt.:) Hope you find a nice replacement vehicle this weekend. Are you buying new or used?

BudBogart

BudBogart

Thanks so much. We got so lucky regarding this place. Our place is over a mile down a private access road so privacy all but guaranteed. I talked to a random realtor one day, told him I wanted land, creek, trees, privacy and acreage and was ready to move fast. It was during the real estate crisis in 08-09.
He called me early the next morning, told me this place had just hit the market that morning. I looked at it best I could in a pouring rainstorm, took my wife couple days later, still pouring rain, including inside the house! Six offers on the place in the first week but my offer was no inspections, no contingencies, close as soon as you can get your title company to act.
The property is eleven miles from the cty seat, restaurants, doctors, etc.
We have seen bear, mountain lions, Lynx, fox, turkey, great blue heron, all the Bucks hide in our woods during hunting season. After we bought it, we discovered an overgrown road leading to the creek, nice flat spot along the creek absolutely choked with blackberry and untouched forest litter. I estimate we disturbed 100000 lady bugs clearing the creek area.
We will probably end up with a new car but probably won't be able to replace it with another awd Lexus suv. This is really coming from left field. I haven't looked at cars in eight years and now feel rushed into grabbing one like a quart of milk. I'm about research and getting up to speed before talking with auto sales people.
Thanks for all your help to date...stay close, lol.

N

Nomadic

Thanks so much. We got so lucky regarding this place. Our place is over a mile down a private access road so privacy all but guaranteed. I talked to a random realtor one day, told him I wanted land, creek, trees, privacy and acreage and was ready to move fast. It was during the real estate crisis in 08-09.
He called me early the next morning, told me this place had just hit the market that morning. I looked at it best I could in a pouring rainstorm, took my wife couple days later, still pouring rain, including inside the house! Six offers on the place in the first week but my offer was no inspections, no contingencies, close as soon as you can get your title company to act.
The property is eleven miles from the cty seat, restaurants, doctors, etc.
We have seen bear, mountain lions, Lynx, fox, turkey, great blue heron, all the Bucks hide in our woods during hunting season. After we bought it, we discovered an overgrown road leading to the creek, nice flat spot along the creek absolutely choked with blackberry and untouched forest litter. I estimate we disturbed 100000 lady bugs clearing the creek area.
We will probably end up with a new car but probably won't be able to replace it with another awd Lexus suv. This is really coming from left field. I haven't looked at cars in eight years and now feel rushed into grabbing one like a quart of milk. I'm about research and getting up to speed before talking with auto sales people.
Thanks for all your help to date...stay close, lol.

Can't beat a Toyota Rav4 for long, dependable service imo.

BudBogart

BudBogart

I'm a Suby guy, Our current Outback wagon purchased a year ago marks my seventh Subaru. Here in Colorado I need All Wheel Drive all of the time. Plus plenty of room for our two dogs to be able to go to work with us every day. I love these cars!:)
I mentioned outback and forester to my wife. Awd is very important on this car. 1 1/2 mile uphill on gravel road to get out. We've been snowed in for a couple of days once or twice. Mostly when the road turns to ice after it snows. Gonna look into the Subaru!

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

I'm a Suby guy, Our current Outback wagon purchased a year ago marks my seventh Subaru. Here in Colorado I need All Wheel Drive all of the time. Plus plenty of room for our two dogs to be able to go to work with us every day. I love these cars!:)
Great car too! Awd is great for off-rd too

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

I mentioned outback and forester to my wife. Awd is very important on this car. 1 1/2 mile uphill on gravel road to get out. We've been snowed in for a couple of days once or twice. Mostly when the road turns to ice after it snows. Gonna look into the Subaru!
Subu would be the way to go!

Latest posts

Top Bottom