• Thread starter BudBogart
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BudBogart

BudBogart

Happy 420 day!

BudBogart

BudBogart

Rainy day today, 50 f and breezy. The plants tested with 8-4-2 show no negative effects yet. Keeping the girls under the light about 65 f. Would like it to warm up a bit but it takes time.

The decomposing cedar has to have been down years in order for the cedar to decomp that much. Underneath the natural cedar mulch will be magic.
We have many old stumps ready to give up their own special blend of forest goodies.
Although a lot of the organic soil compost needed to be imported, I wanted to start amending it with the native goodies making my grow a true forest grown herb.
Spent some time getting the weeds knocked down in the orchard.
The pics of pots seem to show improvement after up potting to orchard soil. Hope that's a good sign.
It's Friday, that means my wife will come home for the weekend. I sure miss her during the week while she is "in the city". I still talk her into pulling weeds, etc. when she is here.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Plants definitely responding well to feeding.
Today all non test plants got approx 1/2 tbls of G & B 8-4-2 Watered in with 2tbls per gal liquid copal ferts.
Transplanted THS MK Ultra Auto into 4-5 gal. Pot. Just learned not to be transplanting autos.
The Chronic Thunder, third pic down seems mottled. Hoping that 8-4-2 will have a positive effect.
Too wet to work in the orchard this weekend. Should be able to weed Monday.
Starting one more seed, lsd, in soil I made from ranch dirt, super o compost and light blend of steer, chicken, worm, azomite, blood meal. Will drop seed in soil after fixing hole for seed with some Mico Apply Micronized Endo / Ecto propagules. Hoping to see a stronger start than what we have gotten to date.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Monday started out beautiful. I put the girls (plants) out and packed the kids (Akita, chihuahua mix and lil old foundling) and went to the barn to get wood to make sticks for the holes so we can mark them.
No sooner in the barn but it started hailing. The kids were waiting on the UTV and getting pelted so I jumped in, raced to the porch and put the girls out of the hail.
Later, the sky cleared and I put the girls back in the sunshine. I bit later and hail starts again, seemingly out of nowhere. Raced to put the girls away where they stayed the rest of the day.
Meanwhile, the rains are pushing new weeds up in the orchard so fast I can hear them grow while I sleep.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Once the creek drops down a bit I want to cross it so I can gather some really cool composted bug poop from a big old downed tree I found and some composting mulch from when I cleaned up a few years ago.
A hand held battery operated vacuum would come in handy for bug poo collecting.

Orcaman

Orcaman

Gosh, Isn't spring the best time of year. You have a great area for your girls, and the potting holes are looking as good as can be! I also want to commend your patience with the plants, and being very improve so far.
I am thinking my squat plants didn't fade due to too much (non organic) fertilizer too late in the grow?
As far as your past grow not fading. Keep in mind that fade really varies by strain and is based temperature more then anything. Cooler temps in darkness as they finish will fade most strains.
More snow on the way here tonight and tomorrow, fun fun! :)

BudBogart

BudBogart

Gosh, Isn't spring the best time of year. You have a great area for your girls, and the potting holes are looking as good as can be! I also want to commend your patience with the plants, and being very improve so far.
As far as your past grow not fading. Keep in mind that fade really varies by strain and is based temperature more then anything. Cooler temps in darkness as they finish will fade most strains.
More snow on the way here tonight and tomorrow, fun fun! :)
Thanks Orca. I agree with you about spring if you'll make allowances for my outdoor harvest time, lol. That's a pretty special time also, if I can remember correctly...been so long since I had a harvest to get excited about.
Thanks for checking in!

BudBogart

BudBogart

Happy Sunday with beautiful weather for the next couple of days. Chance of rain 3 or 4 days next week or I would be planting some of these girls. Decided the extra hours of t5 light beats being in the ground on overcast rainy days.
Thanks to the help of you totally cool growers my girls are looking just as I imagined they might at this time.
I might. Have waited a couple more weeks, from mid March to April one to germinate.
Would definitely have amended the dr. Earth potting soil with organic nutes from the beginning.
Having the Internet, the thcfarm and the guidance of some nice people has really been a game changer for me this year. Thanks to you.
Check out the 707 headband. She separated into two tops all on her own.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Graduation Ceremony, getting their last watering before heading for their permanent holes. Have to decide who makes the cut.
Wondering if I should pinch tops now during this down time, or wait until they get planted and do it then??

Some butterfly. Prettier in person, lol

Orcaman

Orcaman

Gosh, They all look great. Why not up pot the plants that are not being planted in the orchard and finish them out to. As far as topping them I think it would be best to replant first. Then wait a week to let them stabilize. I'm planting my veggie garden this Saturday.:)

BudBogart

BudBogart

Gosh, They all look great. Why not up pot the plants that are not being planted in the orchard and finish them out to. As far as topping them I think it would be best to replant first. Then wait a week to let them stabilize. I'm planting my veggie garden this Saturday.:)
Thank for advice on topping! I'm sure none of the girls will go to waste. I have so many varieties this year. Lots of freebies with my order. Depending on how my friends do with their clones and seeds this year, I may have a chance to offer them plants, as they did me last year. They are of course medical card holders also.

BudBogart

BudBogart

Plans for planting this weekend may have to be put off for just a couple of days. Emergency, unplanned car shopping needed.
Couple Fridays ago my wife was on her way here, in a 40 mph zone when her front left tire blew.
I drove down to wait with her while AAA changed her tire. He left assuming everything was fine. It wasn't. The car had obvious problems so we had it towed to repair facility.
This was an eight year old luxury suv. The claim adjuster just advised us that they would be totaling the vehicle.
Amazing from a non collision tire blow out with no body damage. Wtf, you feel me,?, lol.

Top Bottom