Norcal Outdoor Medical, Organic Forest Grow. First Grow Log

• Thread starter BudBogart
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Marksurfs

Marksurfs

Orcanman , nice hack on not having to use a bunch of ice . As long as it works , it's all good . Thanks for the link, very cool :)
My pleasure BudBogart , thank you for the compliment , it's my pleasure to share what I've learned :)
Great tips scoop , it would help with not hurting the bags as much with the mixer as to not hurt the (rubber type ) inner lining of the bags , it would help in shelf life of the bags as well from less ware and tare .
Also when you mix in the bags you always need to make sure the mixer doesn't grab the bag sides - (grab ahold of the bag and twists it of the bag while mixing ) .
If you mix outside the bags in another container and use the container with bags only to drain with , you will cut down on the chances of the bag getting caught by the mixer and a mess made , due to the bag twisted and everything went everywhere , which has happened to me before when I'm not paying attention to what I'm doing while I mix as to NOT let the mixer grab the sides of the bag or bags .
It's only happened to me a couple of times and is usually due to the bags are older and floppier - less stiff from age .
I have a round mixer as you can see and it still can grab the edge of the bag and twist the bag when the mixer grabs it and ice and what ever I'm mixing goes all over the place . It's always good to pay attention to what you're doing :)
I've thought about doing it without the bags first as it would be alot easer not to worry about the bags being twisted as you mix the batch with the ice , but haven't .
I stand over the top of the container and mix right in the center and make sure the bag I'm mixing in isin't caught by the mixer , though I also go close to the side walls of the bags without catching them with the mixer but I watch what I'm doing .
The only reason I haven't done the mixing first without the bags is habit of how I taught myself . Watching people using cake mixers to make hash made me decide to figure it out for myself. How do you get a cake mixer to mix a 5 gallon bucket of trim :) . I had to figure out a better way and this is what I came up with that's fast, easy and get quality grade hash.
It might get a bit messy tranfering the mix into the bags , if the mixing is done out of the bags . My advice is just be careful when you transfer the mix if you do it as scoop suggests and all will be great .Take your time and you'll have a great product either way . Thanks scoop for your input :)
When I work with a freind , I hold the bags in place while my friend mixes , or the other way around if I'm concerned about the bags being twisted and everything going everywhere . It's always good to have 2 people if possible , makes things alot easier .
It's also wise to do your hash making where making a mess isn't going to be a issue . It will get messy when you first are learning , so do your hash making outside like I do or in the tub - shower , where you can clean up any mess you got all over the place from pulling out the mixer before fulling shuting it off and what ever is on the mixer will go flying , so make sure you're where you can be messy and water isn't going to hurt anything where you're working . Marksurfs :)

Last edited:
BudBogart

BudBogart

All of loud dream has been fading with autumnal colors emerging. Is it the result of growing in a natural organic soil or is it showing a serious nutrient imbalance? Hopefully, the former since it's too late to start second guessing now!

We chopped the rest of that early blueberry gum. She definitely got better the longer we left her growing. It was a good experience seeing what immature buds will finish like after they dry. They dry too fast to put any cure on them for one thing. Instead of one tight bud rolling three joints it takes three buds to make one joint. But it saved us from buying during the past few weeks.
We harvested ample bud off this plant to allow us to finish the rest of our crop without the need to rush.
Downside, forestry friend tells me theat they expect a very early winter based on how fast the forest is changing. Maybe a month earlier than normal.

Marksurfs

Marksurfs

It's the showing of finishing of the plants bud cycle and should be expected .
You want your plant to eat it's leaves at the end of your grow like that . Just make sure you get rid of the unhealthy ones as your plants have plenty of leaf to finsih with . If the leaves are older and dying , get rid of them so all your growth goes to yeild and healthy leaves , rather than old leaves the plant has used up already .
My grow at the end , you've seen the color or my leaves towards the end near harvest time , even after giving my plants Nitrogen to the end , guano and worm castings , still ate their leaves - yellowed at finish time .
It's a good thing and is for flavor reasons I let my plants eat their leaves , as long as it's this far along in stage in budding . Otherwise it would be due to nutrients loss and fixed with guano added . Nitrogen issue .
It's normal for your plant to do this . Just keep the plants clean of old decaying leaves , so you don't get any rot on your nice buds .
I had a friend who had a perfect grow but let everything get old leaf wise , die, then mold set into the leaves , then his buds before he finally harvested and lost most of his crop.
I didn't say anything to him about the way he grew until later, as it was none of my business , until he asked me to help save his crop . Then I told him what the problem was , but it was to late for most of his crop . He told me next time to tell him but I make a point of NOT telling people how to grow, only sharing what I've learned from my own mistakes . He's not good at listening to others . Now he listens but it's to late for that grow .
Get rid of the old leaves would be my adivce . Looking great !
From what I see with our weather , we'll have a early winter , but our weather can't seem to make up it's mind :) So you never know , but the plant above is finsihing out nicely and you can always keep your eye on the weather and wait as long as you can before you harvest . You'll know when that is in your area . Can't wait to see your harvested buds :)

Last edited:
BudBogart

BudBogart

It's the showing of finishing of the plants bud cycle and should be expected .
You want your plant to eat it's leaves at the end of your grow like that . Just make sure you get rid of the unhealthy ones as your plants have plenty of leaf to finsih with . If the leaves are older and dying , get rid of them so all your growth goes to yeild and healthy leaves , rather than old leaves the plant has used up already .
My grow at the end , you've seen the color or my leaves towards the end near harvest time , even after giving my plants Nitrogen to the end , guano and worm castings , still ate their leaves - yellowed at finish time .
It's a good thing and is for flavor reasons I let my plants eat their leaves , as long as it's this far along in stage in budding . Otherwise it would be due to nutrients loss and fixed with guano added . Nitrogen issue .
It's normal for your plant to do this . Just keep the plants clean of old decaying leaves , so you don't get any rot on your nice buds .
I had a friend who had a perfect grow but let everything get old leaf wise , die, then mold set into the leaves , then his buds before he finally harvested and lost most of his crop.
I didn't say anything to him about the way he grew until later, as it was none of my business , until he asked me to help save his crop . Then I told him what the problem was , but it was to late for most of his crop . He told me next time to tell him but I make a point of NOT telling people how to grow, only sharing what I've learned from my own mistakes . He's not good at listening to others . Now he listens but it's to late for that grow .
Get rid of the old leaves would be my adivce . Looking great !
From what I see with our weather , we'll have a early winter , but our weather can't seem to make up it's mind :) So you never know , but the plant above is finsihing out nicely and you can always keep your eye on the weather and wait as long as you can before you harvest . You'll know when that is in your area . Can't wait to see your harvested buds :)

Thank you Mark. I spent this morning doing just what you suggest, cleaning out the dead leaves. I probably got a couple more to go but I got a good start. Tomorrow I can finish up and rake it all up. Nice to hear things are looking normal, I appreciate that. Let me just ask now and avoid last minute crisis, please let me know if you see me missing something.

Moto

Moto

All of loud dream has been fading with autumnal colors emerging. Is it the result of growing in a natural organic soil or is it showing a serious nutrient imbalance? Hopefully, the former since it's too late to start second guessing now!

We chopped the rest of that early blueberry gum. She definitely got better the longer we left her growing. It was a good experience seeing what immature buds will finish like after they dry. They dry too fast to put any cure on them for one thing. Instead of one tight bud rolling three joints it takes three buds to make one joint. But it saved us from buying during the past few weeks.
We harvested ample bud off this plant to allow us to finish the rest of our crop without the need to rush.
Downside, forestry friend tells me theat they expect a very early winter based on how fast the forest is changing. Maybe a month earlier than normal.
View attachment 634811

Looking like a good fade and your plants are finishing out. :) I hope everything has been going well for you and Mrs. Budbogart. Time to puff one up for me before finishing some work. Nice job on the grow!!! :D

Happy Growing
Moto

BudBogart

BudBogart

Looking like a good fade and your plants are finishing out. :) I hope everything has been going well for you and Mrs. Budbogart. Time to puff one up for me before finishing some work. Nice job on the grow!!! :D

Happy Growing
Moto
Thank you much for your support. After last years failed grow because of super hot soil I had almost an entire year to work on improving my skills and broadening knowledge. I realized I had a rare opportunity to use the resources of our forested land that have been sitting untouched for so long that we could see where even big cedar trees had completely decomposed back to the earth and so on. It has been a blast.
The closer we get to finishing it seems like the potential pitfalls like pests and weather just keep rolling in front of us.
Peace

Marksurfs

Marksurfs

You're doing just what you need to be doing , all you need to watch out for at this point is our weather .
I see a great harvest coming your way my friend , Moto's right :) Lookin great !
You're blessed to have land like you have , the right county where you have it as well coundn't be better , it's my dream :) . When I get land like that , away from every one , green house time for me , I'll build it :)
I'm to close to people here to do that . I could grow all year round with supplimental lighting on a large scale plants size wise and do some breeding , make strains :) Some day :)

BudBogart

BudBogart

The early flowering blueberry gum from G-13 labs yielded over two units of good hard nuggets
In addition to providing some much desired bud it was a great practice run on drying and trimming
We saw how much room we need per plant for hanging.

BudBogart

BudBogart

The hanging time before dry was only 5 days before the stems snapped. We need to extend that time. Do we add a humidifier? Having the ceiling full of wet buds will help slightly and a couple of more weeks and the weather is sure to be cooler with more moisture and that should help. The downside is I heat with wood which dries the air. A towel under the door to the drying room might help very slightly.

Orcaman

Orcaman

Nothing like being in MJ heaven! You are going to be a very busy man with your awesome harvest.:) As far as drying to jar up five to seven days is pretty standard for me depending on bud density.

A good Saturday to you and the Mrs.!

BudBogart

BudBogart

Next up is going to be Dinafems blue cheese. As advertised, she flowers and finishes by the end of September. I will snip a couple sugar leaves and check the trichs.
The nights are finally getting cool, upper 30s, low 40s. That is going to help speed things along at least as far as any coloration.
The day temps for the next week back in the 80s and good for growth.
Hope everyone has an awesome weekend.

Srenots

Srenots

View attachment 635972 View attachment 635973 View attachment 635974 View attachment 635975 Next up is going to be Dinafems blue cheese. As advertised, she flowers and finishes by the end of September. I will snip a couple sugar leaves and check the trichs.
The nights are finally getting cool, upper 30s, low 40s. That is going to help speed things along at least as far as any coloration.
The day temps for the next week back in the 80s and good for growth.
Hope everyone has an awesome weekend.
looks great...

Latest posts

Top Bottom