Norcal Outdoor Medical, Organic Forest Grow. First Grow Log

• Thread starter BudBogart
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Marksurfs

Marksurfs

I know what you mean about this growing can be a lonely venture , I can't tell or show any one my grow . I can share it online , like you are and talk with you but around me , no one can know . We are here and enjoy very much your posts of your grow . It's good to have family here who you can talk with and can help with advice . From what I've seen , the advice has been great from your family here .
I really enjoy seeing your plants , watching them mature . You're doing excellent !
The "envornment" , I have to deal with as well , humidity ect. and moisture if it rains .
What I do when I harvest and the buds are ready to trim , I trim the buds from the room after the moisture from the night has reconsituted the moisture in the buds if they are to dry for my liking , then jar them when they still have a bit of moisture in them .
If I wait until the end of the day and the buds are to dry sometimes because I have to do this all by myself , I wait for the night and do the triming again in the morning when the moisture has come in to my room and the buds are moist again .
So I deal with what ever weather is thrown my way as you do .
You were saying you were concerened about the buds drying to fast . The moisture from leaving the window open at night will make your buds moist again if that's the case , but you have to jar them and get them to curing as soon as possible so mold doesn't get them .
All the night moisture does is give you longer to jar the buds with some moisture still in them, if they are to drying on you to fast to handle triming wise .
Just a trick I use when I harvest - the weather , so I don't have to worry about getting the buds all trimed at once since I do it myself . I do some triming each morning when the buds are dry enough to jar and still have the moisture from the night .
If it starts to rain , which I hope doesn't happen , keep that window shut and the fans a blowing and the stove hot :)
Thank you for sharing your beautiful plants and buds experience . Your phone took better pictures I think , great shots :)

BudBogart

BudBogart

I put 2 5 gallon bucket of product in there the was plenty of room for more
The size of wooden wheel is 19" x 27" long with 1/4" mesh stapled around it, then i just cut a door out ! I used 3ft 3/8" threaded rod for the center i got everything at lowes or home cheapo! Drill a 1/4" hole in center of woodwheel there ya go the one with the drill belongs to Farmingchef
Thanks for the specs.

BudBogart

BudBogart

I know what you mean about this growing can be a lonely venture , I can't tell or show any one my grow . I can share it online , like you are and talk with you but around me , no one can know . We are here and enjoy very much your posts of your grow . It's good to have family here who you can talk with and can help with advice . From what I've seen , the advice has been great from your family here .
I really enjoy seeing your plants , watching them mature . You're doing excellent !
The "envornment" , I have to deal with as well , humidity ect. and moisture if it rains .
What I do when I harvest and the buds are ready to trim , I trim the buds from the room after the moisture from the night has reconsituted the moisture in the buds if they are to dry for my liking , then jar them when they still have a bit of moisture in them .
If I wait until the end of the day and the buds are to dry sometimes because I have to do this all by myself , I wait for the night and do the triming again in the morning when the moisture has come in to my room and the buds are moist again .
So I deal with what ever weather is thrown my way as you do .
You were saying you were concerened about the buds drying to fast . The moisture from leaving the window open at night will make your buds moist again if that's the case , but you have to jar them and get them to curing as soon as possible so mold doesn't get them .
All the night moisture does is give you longer to jar the buds with some moisture still in them, if they are to drying on you to fast to handle triming wise .
Just a trick I use when I harvest - the weather , so I don't have to worry about getting the buds all trimed at once since I do it myself . I do some triming each morning when the buds are dry enough to jar and still have the moisture from the night .
If it starts to rain , which I hope doesn't happen , keep that window shut and the fans a blowing and the stove hot :)
Thank you for sharing your beautiful plants and buds experience . Your phone took better pictures I think , great shots :)

Thanks friend. What a great tip on jarring first thing in the morning if the buds were on the dry side.
Well, it does look like rain will be coming in Sunday, then be on again, off again for a week. Most of my plants are not even ready to start checking trichomes. Whit pistils and green leaves. Trichomes are just starting to show up. Only our blue cheese is close enough to consider, I will snip some budnleaf today and scope it.
You guys may have already figured this out, but if you put your trichomes sample in a little plastic bag you can scope right through the Baggie making it much easier to slide the scope over the leaf.
Darn weather has been staying warm at night, 58 this morning.
Sorry to be jumping around this morning, a little stoned already.
Mrs. and I have been smoking old dry bud for so long it feels like we are actually getting a buzz again.
So question please. On the blue cheese. Let's say she needs 7 more days to finish perfect as she can. It's going to rain for two days and then cloudy to clear. She has fat indica buds. Do you harvest a bit early to avoid any damage or mold or do you let it ride through the rain and let it dry back out chopping at the end of a week? I know it would depend on so many factors it's not really a fair question, but what's your usual approach in a situation like this?
My plan is to let her ride since she is caged and netted and the rain should not be so heavy to cause breakage, but I am open to listening.
Most of my plants must go through a couple of rains before they finish. Have any of you tried using a leaf blower to blow dry the water off the plants after it rains, or am I just more stoned than I think? I need to know cuz I'm about to roll another fatty.
Okay, too late on the need to know.
Anyway, gonna go up and look at the girls this morning. Might water the front four. They don't hold their water like the other holes do. I have cut back on watering, both frequency and amount.
I ran out of fish bone and kelp some time ago so we are running on pure soil now.
The garden is 100 percent pesticide free, not so much as an herbal spritzing. No bugs under scope. I found four worms. One in a bud and the rest just as they arrived on the plant. However, there are oak trees all over the place including the garden area and the oak moth caterpillar has a tendency to "hatch" after a rain, so our fingers are crossed.

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Thanks friend. What a great tip on jarring first thing in the morning if the buds were on the dry side.
Well, it does look like rain will be coming in Sunday, then be on again, off again for a week. Most of my plants are not even ready to start checking trichomes. Whit pistils and green leaves. Trichomes are just starting to show up. Only our blue cheese is close enough to consider, I will snip some budnleaf today and scope it.
You guys may have already figured this out, but if you put your trichomes sample in a little plastic bag you can scope right through the Baggie making it much easier to slide the scope over the leaf.
Darn weather has been staying warm at night, 58 this morning.
Sorry to be jumping around this morning, a little stoned already.
Mrs. and I have been smoking old dry bud for so long it feels like we are actually getting a buzz again.
So question please. On the blue cheese. Let's say she needs 7 more days to finish perfect as she can. It's going to rain for two days and then cloudy to clear. She has fat indica buds. Do you harvest a bit early to avoid any damage or mold or do you let it ride through the rain and let it dry back out chopping at the end of a week? I know it would depend on so many factors it's not really a fair question, but what's your usual approach in a situation like this?
My plan is to let her ride since she is caged and netted and the rain should not be so heavy to cause breakage, but I am open to listening.
Most of my plants must go through a couple of rains before they finish. Have any of you tried using a leaf blower to blow dry the water off the plants after it rains, or am I just more stoned than I think? I need to know cuz I'm about to roll another fatty.
Okay, too late on the need to know.
Anyway, gonna go up and look at the girls this morning. Might water the front four. They don't hold their water like the other holes do. I have cut back on watering, both frequency and amount.
I ran out of fish bone and kelp some time ago so we are running on pure soil now.
The garden is 100 percent pesticide free, not so much as an herbal spritzing. No bugs under scope. I found four worms. One in a bud and the rest just as they arrived on the plant. However, there are oak trees all over the place including the garden area and the oak moth caterpillar has a tendency to "hatch" after a rain, so our fingers are crossed.
I think your good brother i dont have the rain like you but if your home, hell ! Shaken the bush boss, shaken the bush!

Marksurfs

Marksurfs

I understand completely what you're dealing with as I deal with the same weather as you .
The rain has to be so bad that White powedery mildew is a issue to worry about the buds . I think your sceening will hold the branches but you can watch for brken branches and remove them . I had some brake before harvest .
The rain and the humidity will be the issue for the buds .
Blowing off your plants isn't such a far fetched idea if you can do it without blowing the buds off the plants :) .
If I could keep from harvesting by doing so you can be sure I'd have the blower out :)
I shake my plants to get the extra water off of them , if I think it's a issue .
Oct. here will be when we ususally get alot more rain , so as you are doing, keep an eye out for any rot after the warm back up time after it rains .
If you don't see any rot happening you have nothing to worry about but broken branches .
Rain is a good thing until humidity gets involved from warming back up the buds , that's when they rot .
I think you'll see White Powdery mildew showing up on he fan leaves before you see rot .
You can deal with the mildew with milk and baking soda , if that's a issue I'll tlak with you about that, it's nt a big deal to do and it works well .
The rain and humidity are a issue for me as I'm not in full sun , so White Powdery mildew issues .
Your plants are in full sun and have a better chance to dry out without issue after it rians as long as the rain doesn't just keep coming.
Then you do have a problem , but you take crae of that by harvesting .
So wait until the last minute , you'll see when and you'll feel it's time by the weather if you have no more sun coming .
The only reason I harvested is mine when I did was the buds couldn't last any longer as they were so far done. I waited until the last mintue to harvest and it worked out perfect . I was afraid they would rot from being so finished and wanted to harvest , but I held off and everything looked great when I did harvest .
That's the bud next to me now I'm working on smoking :)
If the rain doesn't stop and you waited until then , which I would unless my plants were done , go harvest in the rain and bring it inside .
As far as for the plants living off the soil , that's the way you want it towards the end of the grow season or the leaves won't change from green to yellow as easy from all the Nitrogen still being added to the substrate - soil .
My strain ate Nitrogen until they were harvested but they are Nitrogen eaters and yellow even with Nitrogen added until I harvest . The more leave the plant eats the less you have to trim later :)
I give my plants nutrients sparingly at the end so the plant eats itself - yelllow leaves .
Use your own judgement when to harvest by what happens weather wise , trust your judgement , you know and see what's happening in ral time there , so you'll be the best one to say it's time to harvest and why .
It hasn't been to bad weather wise here so far , the days will shorten even more every day , the plants will hurry to finish because they sence that . So hopefully less daylight will speed up your finishing time bud wise .
No nutrients , just water when needed is great as you're doing . Smoke on :) Hope all was well in your beautiful garden !

MendoGiantZ

MendoGiantZ

Dipel works amazing for caterpillars.. Its cheap and completely organic.. You can spray up to the last week of harvest.. Caterpillars are a pain in the ass and create bud rot, most people think the rot is because of bad weather.. If you find bud rot open it up and look for tiny pieces of poop from a caterpillar.. In northern california we get a good rain every year and the plants are fine. Only harvest a plant if its really close to ready and a big storm is coming. Or because its rotting badly and a storm is coming.. Otherwise let it ride until its completely ready so it can put on as much weight as possible

BudBogart

BudBogart

Dipel works amazing for caterpillars.. Its cheap and completely organic.. You can spray up to the last week of harvest.. Caterpillars are a pain in the ass and create bud rot, most people think the rot is because of bad weather.. If you find bud rot open it up and look for tiny pieces of poop from a caterpillar.. In northern california we get a good rain every year and the plants are fine. Only harvest a plant if its really close to ready and a big storm is coming. Or because its rotting badly and a storm is coming.. Otherwise let it ride until its completely ready so it can put on as much weight as possible
thank you for heads up and great info. I know you're a busy guy and appreciate you taking a look!

BudBogart

BudBogart

I understand completely what you're dealing with as I deal with the same weather as you .
The rain has to be so bad that White powedery mildew is a issue to worry about the buds . I think your sceening will hold the branches but you can watch for brken branches and remove them . I had some brake before harvest .
The rain and the humidity will be the issue for the buds .
Blowing off your plants isn't such a far fetched idea if you can do it without blowing the buds off the plants :) .
If I could keep from harvesting by doing so you can be sure I'd have the blower out :)
I shake my plants to get the extra water off of them , if I think it's a issue .
Oct. here will be when we ususally get alot more rain , so as you are doing, keep an eye out for any rot after the warm back up time after it rains .
If you don't see any rot happening you have nothing to worry about but broken branches .
Rain is a good thing until humidity gets involved from warming back up the buds , that's when they rot .
I think you'll see White Powdery mildew showing up on he fan leaves before you see rot .
You can deal with the mildew with milk and baking soda , if that's a issue I'll tlak with you about that, it's nt a big deal to do and it works well .
The rain and humidity are a issue for me as I'm not in full sun , so White Powdery mildew issues .
Your plants are in full sun and have a better chance to dry out without issue after it rians as long as the rain doesn't just keep coming.
Then you do have a problem , but you take crae of that by harvesting .
So wait until the last minute , you'll see when and you'll feel it's time by the weather if you have no more sun coming .
The only reason I harvested is mine when I did was the buds couldn't last any longer as they were so far done. I waited until the last mintue to harvest and it worked out perfect . I was afraid they would rot from being so finished and wanted to harvest , but I held off and everything looked great when I did harvest .
That's the bud next to me now I'm working on smoking :)
If the rain doesn't stop and you waited until then , which I would unless my plants were done , go harvest in the rain and bring it inside .
As far as for the plants living off the soil , that's the way you want it towards the end of the grow season or the leaves won't change from green to yellow as easy from all the Nitrogen still being added to the substrate - soil .
My strain ate Nitrogen until they were harvested but they are Nitrogen eaters and yellow even with Nitrogen added until I harvest . The more leave the plant eats the less you have to trim later :)
I give my plants nutrients sparingly at the end so the plant eats itself - yelllow leaves .
Use your own judgement when to harvest by what happens weather wise , trust your judgement , you know and see what's happening in ral time there , so you'll be the best one to say it's time to harvest and why .
It hasn't been to bad weather wise here so far , the days will shorten even more every day , the plants will hurry to finish because they sence that . So hopefully less daylight will speed up your finishing time bud wise .
No nutrients , just water when needed is great as you're doing . Smoke on :) Hope all was well in your beautiful garden !

I truly appreciate your sharing this info. I really want at least some of this bud to be spot on; your post is very encouraging to hold off until the perfect time instead of cut and run. Once again, a shitload of insight into what to expect and how to react. More later, I just got a new camera and want to upload some pics!

BudBogart

BudBogart

Blue Cheese after the rain. An unusual pistil pattern. She should be the first to come down. It looks like sunny days ahead.
We had some rain Sunday night. The nets did their job and saved several branches from breaking. I shook some branches yesterday.
I hope everyone made it through the rain as well as we did.

GrowingGreen

GrowingGreen

Blue Cheese after the rain. An unusual pistil pattern. She should be the first to come down. It looks like sunny days ahead.
We had some rain Sunday night. The nets did their job and saved several branches from breaking. I shook some branches yesterday.
I hope everyone made it through the rain as well as we did.View attachment 638146View attachment 638147
She is a sexy flower there brother i love her

Srenots

Srenots

I hope everyone made it through the rain as well as we did.View attachment 638146View attachment 638147
beautiful budz man...like them colors, great work

BudBogart

BudBogart

After the blue cheese, it looks like one loud dream is finishing ahead of the others. Her pistils are fading, her leaves are falling and she is on trichome watch.
The blue dream bud has grown nicely, but hasn't started fading pistils, the buds aren't dense yet, and the leaves show no sign of fading.
The 707 headband continues to swell, the buds becoming dense and trichomes becoming more visible. Not far enough along to scope her trichomes but showing promise.
Sweet 710 cheese has a lot of trichome, very nice. Nice fat buds may be a hard trim because of so much leaf. This bush could hide a family of raccoons.
Pineapple chunk is still a very nice plant. Great shape could be an ornamental. Buds are still in growth mode, leaves still vibrant green. Crammed in where I can't really get good pics of this favorite.
Original amnesia. One is my smallest plant, never made it past five feet. She is going to finish sooner than the other two. The second I had misdiagnosed p minus for n plus for a minute. After I fixed that she shot up and produced some good looking buds. The third one is the biggest plant we have. She is nine feet tall and shows no sign of being finished.

Orcaman

Orcaman

Gosh they look great! I'm so glad that the weather is cooperating for you and letting you stagger your harvest. Things are coming to a end here in Colorado with the temps dropping. The front range is in its first freeze warning overnight. Tomorrow we will have highs in the fifty's and then low thirty's Thursday night. Plus a chance of snow. It's really been a pleasure hanging out with you though your grow. You've made me feel like I'm right there!:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom