Nordic/Danish outdoor strains and genetics

• Thread starter GunnarGuchi
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

GunnarGuchi

heres a thread about the Nordic/Danish outdoor strains and genetics that i hope will be able to answer those many questions about the genetics that we grow here

Denmark is at the 55/56 northern latitude
its btw almost the same latitude as BC in Canada ( 45 and up i think) and with somewhat similar climate which means most genetics from BC goes well here and the other way around.

to combat the harsh weather here our strains and genetics have been acclimatized, selected and bred for several generations, resulting in early, potent and mold resistant genes.

most exotic strains and genetics arent able to finish here cause of the weather with rain and frost in the end of the season.
but we have good results crossing the exotic strains with some of our early mold resistant genes.

most our early genes from here has a tendency to be Semi auto flowering due to the earliness in the genes
its hard to keep a good mother for several generations but its sometimes possible if they have good large pots with good root space and gets plenty of fertilizer with a high Nitrogen content and avoiding any stress conditions
its a price we have to pay for being able to flower them here as they have to be ready for harvest at end of October at the latest for them to be able to finish without melting away in mold but earliness isnt the only factor and some degree of mold resistance is also vital for them to fight against the often very rainy weather starting from mid September and forward.

my hopes for this thread is to shed some lights on the strains and genes we grow here
to collect vital info that theres out there but not collected in one place

ill post some info regarding the strains and crosses i know but i hope ppl will share their info also so the thread can be updated with as much info as possible.

G

GunnarGuchi

reserved for strain description and genetic info about our favorite strains and crosses grown here

Afghan, Nordic Outdoor:
Originally bought in Holland and grown outside by a danish grower called Phreakersphun/DignityX for several generations.
its also sold by a danish seed bank called DCF.

its a medium yielder but its very sticky and potent and with great mold resistance
it finishes here start to mid October
it also has some purple phenoes.

http://img142.invalid.com/img142/1551/img0331xft7.jpg

http://img142.invalid.com/img142/4018/img0330xo8.jpg

Big Bud
Grown here for some seasons
big yields but still some mold problems in wet seasons and shady spots
finishes mid October

Danish Passion:
passion#1 grown here in Denmark for many years and along the way also crossed with a skunk#1
is a medium sized plant perfect for guerrilla
its very sticky, potent perfect for using in crosses also and its harvested in Denmark be the end of September.

8344danish_passion_210907_harvest_jpg000000.jpg

8344danish_passion_210907_harvest_jpg6.jpg

8344danish_passion_210907_harvest_jpg0000000000.jpg

All DP pix by Esbe

Early Dane
Unfortunately i have ni pictures of her as i had a very busy season 08 and most the times i was around to attend her i often hadent planned it and therefore didnt bring a camera
i think she has great potential as the donator of the seeds told me he harvested her in 07 from beginning of August and forward
she is medium in height and yield but have a very nice trichome coverage for a Nordic outdoor plant that early.
she looks a little like a cross between Danish Psssion and Royal Dane.
She leans towards Royal Dane in looks but also has some similarities to the Danish Passion in height and bud appearance and structure.
her smell is similar to the distinctive Royal Dane smell
Bitter lemon with a hint of rotten fruit if you ask me
i think she has great potential both as pure and in crosses bringing earliness and potency into it
the original breeder lost his plants during tragic circumstances and the seeds i have is the only ones in existence so far, but i hope other growers will embrace here and spread her genes and potential

ADDED info and pix or Early Dane
as i unfortunately didnt take any pictures of this early and potent lady ive been trying hard to get the few original pics from the breeder who made them
genetic origin is still unknown but its sativa dominated despite its early harvest date
heres a few pictures from his harvest in 07 mid August when he chopped her
normally they can be harvested as sensimilla from mid august to mid September depending on phenoes
http://img258.invalid.com/img258/6906/frstehst006rd0.jpg

http://img179.invalid.com/img179/3286/frstehst010nk6.jpg

http://img252.invalid.com/img252/4827/top004gi4.jpg

Leb27 aka Lebanon27 aka Leb30
Sativa imported from Lebanon about 30 years ago and breed in Denmark since that.
potency is ranging from below to above average, depending on phenotype.
yields can be very high given optimum conditions and its very good in crosses.
its told to have a very social sativa high, a sure daytime smoke

it finishes here at 55 nl at end of September, start November.

12522IMG_6952.JPG

one 500 gr+ leb27 drying by Maffe

834427031004.jpg

pix by Esbe grown by Paddi

834427061004.jpg

pix by Esbe grown by Paddi

Nepal, aka Oldfarmer Nepal
shes considered a pure sativa from nepal that have been acclimatized for the harsh danish weather for several generations
she might not be the biggest resin bomb but she has other qualities
she finishes here by mid September
she has a nice big harvest and a nice up high almost social sativa high
she might not be the most trichome covered marijuana strain around but shes good for some uplifting pot, good hash producer and has potential in crosses also
she has some variation in growth
some earlier than others, some more bushy and some gets really big

heres a picture from 08 in my garden showing the the "guerrilla pheno"
very good yield for her size and perfect for hidden guerrilla farming

http://img11.invalid.com/img11/8217/img0327yn7.jpg

heres some more form the garden in 08

http://img233.invalid.com/img233/6602/img0244kf9.jpg

Royal Dane:

no one knows the exact genetics if RD, but its a local strain grown here for many years and considered among our best strains

its very early and harvested in September here
ranging from start September to late September, sometimes into start of october, depending on how sunny the season is, general weather and its maturing seeds etc, but some growers have even reported harvesting RD in the end of August some seasons.

its told to contain genes from among others Afghan, Chitral and Hindu Kush.
acclimatization and selection here for many years have resulted in a strain that is very early, potent and mold resistant.

its a medium sized plant and due to its qualities its perfect for guerrilla grows.

its got a distinct smell though, very spicy and somewhat sour, some ppl call its smell "cat piss" odour.

it yields above average and it delivers a strong mostly indica high

16466HPIM7154.JPG

16466HPIM7227.JPG

16466HPIM7093.JPG

all RD pix by Esbe grown by Paddi

Thyphoon
mostly sativa
originates from a social camp society called "Thy Lejren" (Thy Camp)
very early and ready for harvest mid September
both yield and potency above average
some trimming work as sensimillia but excellent hash producer

1925117798_PICT0064_122_368lo_Large_.JPG

Grown by pihop on swecan:

19251IMG_1727_Medium_.JPG

By DYR from Icmag

more info and several other strain and cross descriptions to come...

dont hold back if you have any info regarding these and others and maybe also some great pix

G

GunnarGuchi

classic danish and Nordic crosses

Erocket X Danish Passion
this very nice cross was made by Esbe who has a very large experience with Nordic outdoor crosses
very sticky cross with yields above average
its ready for harvest here at the end of September
ive had the honor of growing this both as f1 and f2 and its been a pleasure and the harvest has each time been among the best for the season
ive taken it to f3 and im looking forward to se the result for next year
my hopes as that its possible to make it IBL without loosing too much potency or vigor but only time will tell

heres what Esbe has to say about it
its early, good yielding, jammi flower\fresh fruit smell and a great taste and high on the sativa side. finish here around sep 25

8344erocket_x_danish_passion_210907_HARVEST.jpg

8344erocket_2109070101.jpg

8344erocket_x_danish_passion_210907_HARVEST12.jpg

Guerrilla Gold x Danish Passion
22177GGxDP_4.JPG

more info to be added later

Hindu Kush x leb27
can be harvested here at mid to end October
she can be very potent and give an enormous harvest if given optimal conditions
if your using a spot with partly shade or in a wet season you might want to watch her big dense buds for mold the last 2 weeks of flower
http://img27.invalid.com/img27/415/img0328fq4.jpg
more info to be added later

Royal Dane x Erocket/danish passion:
my own cross
needs to be tested in coming season but cant be all bad with those good parents, but time will tell

G

GunnarGuchi

its worth mentioning that early strans that finish here in September like Royal Dane, Danish Passion and others starts there flowering cycle when the day length here are apr 17 hours
how they perform at other latitudes where the day length is shorter remains to be seen
i send some testers out to other parts of the world and awaits feedback after the season

they might start their flowering almost instantly but me bet is that they just starts flowering a little earlier then here at the Nordic latitudes

some pictures have problems being displayed correctly now, at least currently on my pc
ill get them uploaded to a better picture host soon

J

jan_holland2003

a big hiiiii from holland !
i have a question.
can we use your fantastic Danish early strains ( which ones? ) to grow a mother and use the clones for Guerilla? or will they bloom immediately if put outside on 15th of may?
and can we use tl for making a mother? or is it better to use hps 18/6 or 20/4 or 24/0?
i am wondering how you guys do this....
keep up the good work !!!
best regards
Jan-holland2003

G

GunnarGuchi

a big hiiiii from holland !
i have a question.
can we use your fantastic Danish early strains ( which ones? ) to grow a mother and use the clones for Guerilla? or will they bloom immediately if put outside on 15th of may?
and can we use tl for making a mother? or is it better to use hps 18/6 or 20/4 or 24/0?
i am wondering how you guys do this....
keep up the good work !!!
best regards
Jan-holland2003

sorry for late reply
im not much online these days and mostly at a little forum where im admin job takes most my time

im going to send in seeds for thcbay but it has been delayed for some time due to a lot of personal matters but i hope to send some in within the next 2 weeks at most

you can try keeping a good mom indoor from the early genetics but its a little tricky
if they get just a little stress they start to flower no after some time no matter how long lights are left on

if you wanna try keeping a mother from the early and sensitive genetics you have to use big pots, good nitrogen fertilizer and absolute stress less conditions

they earliness in harvest comes at a price and the price being they are sensible to stress
their survival instinct are high so if they feel stressed in any way to start to flower in order to try and make seeds and survive

most the genetics i work with are ready for harvest here in Denmark at 55 northern latitude by end of September when the farmer harvest his corn where i hide the plants
ppl from the US at 40-45 latitude has reported earlier harvest by one to 2 weeks due to a warmer climate and other sun cycles

my earliest non auto genetics are the Early Dane
unfortunately its very limited in numbers as i only have a few seeds left from 08 as my 09 harvest got busted but cops
its ready for harvest from mid August here and onwards
mostly sativa with fluffy buds with good trichome cover and exelent mold resistance

http://img179.invalid.com/img179/3286/frstehst010nk6.jpg

http://img252.invalid.com/img252/4827/top004gi4.jpg

the Leb 27 is another good nordic outdoor strain
potency is depending on phenotypes and theres some variation but grown properly they can yield a pound even at nordic climate and more at more exotic latitudes
this picture is from Maffe who grew this monster in Denmark

12522IMG_6952.JPG

B

bannana man

hay mate seen ur pics on the bay ,ur outdoor leb looks nice

curandero2012

curandero2012

Hey Gunnar,

Where to get Henkes Lolland?????

Namaste :bong2:

G

GunnarGuchi

i dont know
its just an average pot strain released as seeds once by an unknown grower
i wouldnt worry so much about it

theres way better strains and crosses available out there

curandero2012

curandero2012

i dont know
its just an average pot strain released as seeds once by an unknown grower
i wouldnt worry so much about it

theres way better strains and crosses available out there

Well, i have grown some other Danish varieties like Danish Gold, Leb27 or Danish Passion, but what i have seen last year that Henkes Lolland was one of the biggest yielders with 886 g on one plant.:ridinghorse: so thats why my question.

S

satyr

Gunnar, have you ever tried to flower indoor males on the outside in denmark ?.

I have a lot of males, I have kept for making some crosses, but I dont want to use my limited indoor space for growing nonsmokables. Just want to collect a little pollenstock, nothing major.

G

GunnarGuchi

curandero2012
its not all about quantity but in the end also at what quality
im not saying that Henkes Lolland is bad but if it was in the better end regarding the product im wondering why ive never heard of it

you can get high yields with many of the danish genetics if you give them optimal conditions
Maffe did 500 gr + on a leb27 and i could have done close to 1000 gr on a Hindu kush x leb27 if i had taken her down in time and not being too stressed out with harvest from both garden, green house and corn fields
and the buds from the HK x Leb27 was as thigh as a large coke bottle and all covered in grease

Satyr
its worth a try
esp if you have a green hosue or the option of making a simple one with reinforced plastic and some sticks
they might flower late but males often starts before the females and their structure is not as dence as female buds so they are most likely less prone to rot
after harvest
give them a quick dry but make sure the pollen is dry
put them in a plastic bag and ad some rice to suck up any remaining moist, seal the bag, label it and put the pollen in a freezer where it will stay viable for many years as long as its dried out properly and frozen while stile fresh
good luck with it :)

added:
when i come to think about it i remember one of my partners from Gunnars lab1 took a rooted male cut from Jock Horror and put it outside in his garden
cant remember the date exactly but it flowered out with success and could have been used for pollen collect if wanted

curandero2012

curandero2012

curandero2012
its not all about quantity but in the end also at what quality
im not saying that Henkes Lolland is bad but if it was in the better end regarding the product im wondering why ive never heard of it

I agree with you that big yields says not anything about the quality of the strain, but this strain was pure stable ,early and probably its origin is from the Himalayas (Nepal, North-India).Such a nice early sativa and why you never heard of it, well i dont know.Its a good strain to make hybrids with it.I heard no complaints about the potency from the guys who grew the strain.

U

unthing

Hi gunnar

Have you had people test these even further north?. I live in 60 something latidude and it would be interesting to hear could these flower over there, we have like 18-24 hours of light during summer and september and november are quite cold. Light deprivation is too much hassle in many guerilla situations so count that out. Interesting strains anyway.

G

GunnarGuchi

i know several danish strain have been tested instead as alternatives to AF genetics in both Sweden, Norway and Finland with success

only the latest finishing of the Danish strains had problems there

U

umbrex

Halløj :)

Er ved at flytte i kolonihave og planlægger derfor en lille køkkehave ...og så en lille køkkenhave :)

Har ikke den store erfaring i at dyrke, så spørger egentlig lidt til råds, idet jeg fandt din post da jeg ledte efter gode planter.

Jeg har masser af sol og går efter en tidlig plante.

Mine spørgsmål er som følger:

Hvad er den plante der giver den bedste sativa social high ?

W

WizardOfTheGlen

Where can i get hold of some of these strains? They would be perfect for my climate.

M

mal

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice Work/Info

Sweet job on the descriptions of your strains, looks like you got it going on Gunnar

mal

G

greenrecon

hoi Gunnar Guchi

Gunnar Guchi hi, how are you? I am an outdoor guerilla like you since 2009.Ben active weed forum and Netherlands do have some pictures of my self. My first breeding were 100 power plants but were then discovered when: (. Then suddenly there was Danish seed known in the Netherlands. Since I have run experiments with seed cultures done but I lost my seeds then.
Had a question if you or someone else could help me with seeds of the Danish type henk Lolland. If you can get the seed, you would like to send me a pm please.

Greets Green recon,

Gunnar Guchi hej, hvordan går det? Jeg er en udendørs guerilla som du siden 2009.Ben aktiv ukrudt forum og Holland har nogle billeder af mig selv. Min første opdræt blev 100 kraftværker, men derefter blev opdaget, da: (Så pludselig var der dansk frø kendt i Holland siden jeg har kørt forsøg med frø gjort kulturer, men jeg har mistet min frø derefter...
Havde et spørgsmål, hvis du eller en anden kunne hjælpe mig med frø af den danske type henk Lolland. Hvis du kan få frø, vil du gerne sende mig en pm venligst.

Hilser Green Recon,

gallery_23661_10289_141528.jpg

gallery_23661_10289_281702.jpg

Top Bottom