Northern lights auto flower yellow tips clawing

• Thread starter Zenpaii
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Zenpaii

Zenpaii

Hi guys one of my plants is clawing and beginning to get yellow tips it's in a ten litre pot I'm not sure what the issue is the other plants are fine it's currently flowering and I'm not sure what to do it also seems the roots are coming through the bottom of the fabric pot a tiny bit do you think it could be root bound?

Northern lights auto flower yellow tips clawing
Zenpaii

Zenpaii

did you just water? over-watered perhap

did you just water? over-watered perhaps?
Just watered now the ppm was around 1500 which is high tbh and ph was 5.3 very low I had a 5 gallon bucket with nutes I have a feeling it went bad and has been affecting the plant temps 24 degrees and humidity 50

Zenpaii

Zenpaii

The way they are sagging looks more like they are ready for water to me... but hard to say from that angle.

I think you are wise to be concerned about the shape, this thread looks similar: https://www.thcfarmer.com/threads/leaf-serrations-curling-up.38423/

I can't make out the readings on your temp/humidity meter.... what are you stats there, and how close to the light are you?
Ppm was crazy high 1500-1600 and ph low 5.3 so I made fresh nutes I think the nutes I was giving were slightly off or something I have fed new nutes and pushed out a run off of 1 litre and a half do you think I should do the same tomorrow or flush with ph ro water instead?

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

I don't have experience with root-bound, but 10 liter is kind of small (2.5 gal) you might consider up-potting...but I'm not sure of the consequences of that during flower? Hopefully you're early enough that it's OK.

I always mix my nutes immediately before I water, never leave them out. I don't know if that makes any difference.

You're getting out of my depth here, but it does sound like maybe you've overdone it with feeding. It might be wise to let them be until they need water again, and give water only and see how they do. Mine needed water about once every 3 days at that size.

Zenpaii

Zenpaii

I don't have experience with root-bound, but 10 liter is kind of small (2.5 gal) you might consider up-potting...but I'm not sure of the consequences of that during flower? Hopefully you're early enough that it's OK.

I always mix my nutes immediately before I water, never leave them out. I don't know if that makes any difference.

You're getting out of my depth here, but it does sound like maybe you've overdone it with feeding. It might be wise to let them be until they need water again, and give water only and see how they do. Mine needed water about once every 3 days at that size.
What I did was use a 5 gallon bucket and filled with nutes for the week I was trying to minimize mixing but I honestly think it went bad nearing the end and became acidic I only water twice a day a small amount till there is run off. I think I'm going to just mix for that day agaib because u didn't have this issue a week before I used a bucket plus at night this plant droops anyways so I will let you know tomorrow how it looks fingers Cross should bounce back

Zenpaii

Zenpaii

What I did was use a 5 gallon bucket and filled with nutes for the week I was trying to minimize mixing but I honestly think it went bad nearing the end and became acidic I only water twice a day a small amount till there is run off. I think I'm going to just mix for that day agaib because u didn't have this issue a week before I used a bucket plus at night this plant droops anyways so I will let you know tomorrow how it looks fingers Cross should bounce back
Yeah I think a bigger pot also 12 litres or 16 litres

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

I only water twice a day a small amount till there is run off
STOP!!! 😎 🙂

Your plants want to experience a full cycle of wet to dry soil.

Water slowly until you get modest run-off (I shoot for about 1-2 cups) then LEAVE THEM ALONE until the dirt is dry all the way down. When this happens the leaves will begin to deflate like a balloon, and you'll know it's time to water. (They bounce right back) Track your watering schedule and note how long it takes between feedings. Strive to learn when your plants will be ready to start wilting so you can water them just before they reach that stage. They will love you for it. 🎉

Zenpaii

Zenpaii

STOP!!! 😎 🙂

Water slowly until you get modest run-off (I shoot for about 1-2 cups) then LEAVE THEM ALONE until the dirt is dry all the way down. When this happens the leaves will begin to deflate like a balloon, and you'll know it's time to water. (They bounce right back) Track your watering schedule and note how long it takes between feedings. Strive to learn when your plants will be ready to start wilting so you can water them just before they reach that stage. They will love you for it. 🎉
Thing is it's not soil it's Coco coir so I don't want it to get salt build up I want the nutes to be replaced or they start to grow in ppm. If the ppm and ph is not the correct level wouldn't I want to replace the nutes to bring the ppm down and bring the ph back to normal ?

Zenpaii

Zenpaii

STOP!!! 😎 🙂

I'll take your advice abd I'll stop watering for 24 hours and will dry out the Coco and see how it goes at this point I'll try anything I'll let you know how it goes

Nate_in_AK

Nate_in_AK

I'll take your advice abd I'll stop watering for 24 hours and will dry out the Coco and see how it goes at this point I'll try anything I'll let you know how it goes
I didn't see that you are using coco, forget everything I wrote, sorry ...I don't have any experience with coco. I have a friend running coco with some kind of constant drip system, but I haven't looked into at all myself.

Zenpaii

Zenpaii

I've put fresh nutes in and flooded the pot with 1.5 litre run off the ppm has gone down to around 1000 which is better still slight droopy but definetly better than yesterday. I don't want to flush because I'm flowering and don't want to slow it down. The nutes I have given the plant is the same nutes however more plain ro water has been added so technically diluted I will see how it goes in the afternoon and act accordingly

Zenpaii

Zenpaii

Plant is back to decent health thanks everyone for the advice it seems I had possible nute lock out from using old smelly nutes I flooded with fresh nutes the night before and it seems that it is coming back to normal I will be mixing fresh nutes every day again from now on hopefully it hasnt slowed the flowering to much I am making these notes just in case anyone has the same issue as me

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
they look very pretty! too bad the plant has such a rep, id make it a nice house plant any time!

you might get some benefit from reading this:

how to water coco for best results

for the best results when asking for help include the details of your grow.

start with strain, pot size, soil/hydro/whatnot..., lighting and for most here the most interest is in water - lots of info about water; how much, how often, how filtered, how ph'd, how holy...

coco and soil are very different! you seem to be on the right path here though, the girls are looking good!

Zenpaii

Zenpaii

they look very pretty! too bad the plant has such a rep, id make it a nice house plant any time!

you might get some benefit from reading this:

how to water coco for best results

for the best results when asking for help include the details of your grow.

start with strain, pot size, soil/hydro/whatnot..., lighting and for most here the most interest is in water - lots of info about water; how much, how often, how filtered, how ph'd, how holy...

coco and soil are very different! you seem to be on the right path here though, the girls are looking good!
Thanks a lot for your comments and the link much appreciated I hope this first grow goes well !

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Plants look droopy overwatering? Allso this is summer if ur not useing ac are you haveing wide temp and rh swings?? Check ph allso.

Zenpaii

Zenpaii

Plants look droopy overwatering? Allso this is summer if ur not useing ac are you haveing wide temp and rh swings?? Check ph allso.
Thanks for the info the plants back to normal it was possible nute lock out and salt build up all sorted and budding as we speak!

Latest posts

Top Bottom