Northern Lights First time grow

• Thread starter Arktwo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sinse

Nirvana? Your plant looks great for a first attempt, nice job !

I've grown Nirvana NL 3 times now, and the buds are amazing. Don't fall for the bad advice the breeders give for flower time though, I've found they need to flower for at least 60 days and are the best at 9 weeks flower. (give or take a little)...

Pic below was harvested a few weeks after that picture was taken.

7 9side
 DSC4268
NL
S

sinse

Yeah Nirvana. Thanks for the pics.
Couple weeks on mines doing great by the looks of it! Thanks for the advice! View attachment 2042130

For a first try, I dont think you could have tried a better strain. I give buds to friends all the time and they LOVE it. Sweet and piney tasting and very potent. Two hits and I'm F'ed. I also had a friend tell me it took him down to a knee on the floor after two bowl hits. Its more potent than a lot of dispensery weed we buy here in my area.

I see a few problems though, I learned the hard way. Your plant is taking off now and will be out of control before you know it. Looking at the size of your pot and the amount of Veg already taking place, I think you'll outgrow the pot very soon. If I'm looking at it right, you've topped the plant once? I'd also start taking the lower leaves a little at a time. You wont be needing the lower growth and the plant will hardly notice it. Is that a three gallon cloth pot?

I highly recommend topping (if you havent) and trimming off all the lower growth a little at a time. This will allow more airflow under the canopy and reduce the chances of mold and pests. I made the mistake of letting a plant (almost exactly like yours) go to flower and it got so out of control and huge I had to hack many new buds and growth in week 5 of flower.... Better to trim early, cutting branches in flower isnt good but I had no choice.

I like to manifold this strain but a trellis net works very well too. The trick is to get all of the colas at equal height. If you let that plant go to flower in its current pot with its current growth, you'll have a hell of a time feeding it. (you'll be watering twice a day or more and even then it might not get the nutrients it needs)....

Your plant will explode soon looking something like this. Here is an example of a homemade trellis net in action with Nirvana Northern Lights. Its like playing "whack a mole" you have to fight to keep the tops all even ! (very important) Also, the lower popcorn buds arent worht a dam, dont bother with them.

Week 11 F4
H

hoobastank_enthusiast

Yeah Nirvana. Thanks for the pics.
Couple weeks on mines doing great by the looks of it! Thanks for the advice!
looks like it's doin much better, getting watered properly now i bet

Top Bottom