Northern Lights (MSNL) First Grow

• Thread starter The_Greenist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Porky1982

Porky1982

well you just got yourself banned, which i think i
a lot of people will be happy about as i get complaints about your behaviour and wacky advice constantly..
Banned for saying your advice is worthless!! 🤣
Which when the first question you always ask is about light high and burn is true!!

The_Greenist

The_Greenist

there’s a thread from a member who is gone that did a few hundred plants in solo cups till harvest.. see if i can find it for ya..
That grow is crazy!

It’s going to take me awhile to go through that thread.

He had to of setup a drip line, just craziness.

The_Greenist

The_Greenist

I was on another thread and realized I’m way over doing it on calmag which may be leading to the dark green and downed tips.

The label says 5ml per gallon, I’m using RO.

Going to cut it back to 1ml.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
maybe 2ml per gallon..
kinda hard to screw up with calmag..
as long as you got good humidity and airflow through the plants so than the transpiration ratio is high than calcium is rarely an issue as it’s also a nutrient that is non mobile, like putting blocks on top of each other as it grows..

The_Greenist

The_Greenist

maybe 2ml per gallon..
So I’m tired of buying RO and I don’t see myself getting an RO filter for my house anytime soon.

My city water has high “”manganese” levels, so high that they advise us not to drink it.

What would high Magnanese levels do to plants?

I mean I shower in the stuff, I’m half way normal.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
So I’m tired of buying RO and I don’t see myself getting an RO filter for my house anytime soon.

My city water has high “”manganese” levels, so high that they advise us not to drink it.

What would high Magnanese levels do to plants?

I mean I shower in the stuff, I’m half way normal.
really they say not to drink it? can i ask where you are?

The_Greenist

The_Greenist

Just some small town with bad water.
It actually more common in water supplies then you would think.

I think municipalities just tell people not to drink it so they are not liable.

I’m not sure that anybody really knows what’s healthy or not healthy for you when it comes down to things like that, you can draw strong correlations to things but they can also be adequately opposed.

Reminds me of the flush or not to flush buds before harvest argument.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yeah at $1.75 a gallon I might be better off buying some distilling equipment in the long run.
ok but isn’t water high in manganese discoloured like yellowish or brownish and doesn’t it stain stuff like your toilet bowl?.

The_Greenist

The_Greenist

ok but isn’t water high in manganese discoloured like yellowish or brownish and doesn’t it stain stuff like your toilet bowl?.
No, not that bad.

I’m going to use it for my next grow and let the chlorine gas off.

I have just been particular about my first real grow, didn’t want any odd ball variables throwing me for a loop.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
No, not that bad.

I’m going to use it for my next grow and let the chlorine gas off.

I have just been particular about my first real grow, didn’t want any odd ball variables throwing me for a loop.
ok i guess you have to try it.. i’m thinking if it’s a touch on the high side than a soilless medium that has ph buffers would be best to use..
like pro mix hp or bx etc.. most all their soilless mixes are fine to use..

The_Greenist

The_Greenist

ok i guess you have to try it.. i’m thinking if it’s a touch on the high side than a soilless medium that has ph buffers would be best to use..
like pro mix hp or bx etc.. most all their soilless mixes are fine to use..
Yeah, I have been thinking about investing in a drip line anyways.

Can’t always be there when they need me kind of thing.

Been briefly looking at somewhat cost effective ones like a vivosun.

The soilless mediums don’t really retain water right? That’s the point of them?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Yeah, I have been thinking about investing in a drip line anyways.

Can’t always be there when they need me kind of thing.

Been briefly looking at somewhat cost effective ones like a vivosun.

The soilless mediums don’t really retain water right? That’s the point of them?
no they do retain water, they just don’t contain any nutrients but has ph buffers so you feed with every watering..
that’s just how i grow.. there’s many ways but i feel with your water that would be best..

The_Greenist

The_Greenist

no they do retain water, they just don’t contain any nutrients but has ph buffers so you feed with every watering..
that’s just how i grow.. there’s many ways but i feel with your water that would be best..
I see…so it’s starting with a 0 baseline for nutrients.

That’s where I think my 4 inch pot soil is at. I only gave them 333 starter fert one time, one week after sprout then no more ferts until I flipped.

Figured they had sucked all the nutrients out of that small amount of fert and OF soil by the flip.

The_Greenist

The_Greenist

I was startled this morning when I heard commotion in the grow room.

Turned out it was just gnomster who beat me to the tent and was already tending to the garden.

A947CC68 1850 4BF9 A852 95035D3D9A20

Dude has a real green thumb but I’m going to double check ph levels this afternoon.

Containers are bone dry this morning.

Top Bottom