Not been there, Not done that

• Thread starter chussu
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chussu

chussu

Soil was probably a little hot to start, I see some burnt tips, overall looks good tho.
Yes there burnt tips during 2nd week which i think, i overfed them lol..like a new dummy. Didn't watered them for 6 days and now the leaves don't have brown tips..Was wondering should i water them?

Dbear180

Dbear180

How does the pot feel? Heavy or light? I generally water every 7 days in flower because that's how long it takes mine to get dry. You'll wanna base when to water on that feeling of the pot when you first start. Heavy means still plenty of water, light might mean she's close or already ready for more.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Hi folks, First time grower here. Soil whichever was on sale. Watering with calmag. No nutes nothing. They are day 20 into flowering, was wondering how do they look to people in community who have Been there done that. Any suggestions/advice/help . Thanks in advance.
look good to me

chussu

chussu

How does the pot feel? Heavy or light? I generally water every 7 days in flower because that's how long it takes mine to get dry. You'll wanna base when to water on that feeling of the pot when you first start. Heavy means still plenty of water, light might mean she's close or already ready for more.
Yes the pot feels really light weight, also should i let the water drain or just give her a couple of jugs??

chussu

chussu

I like around a 25% run off.
It's a screwed up project from the start lol..two of my plants that i just found 2seeds in bud, they are in a metal container and no drainage. That's what i am worried about, 2 in regular pots look great. It's not the first dumbest thing i have ever done and gauranteed it won't eb the last..lol.

IMG 02531
Dbear180

Dbear180

Lol as long as you learn from your mistakes you'll get the hang of it 👍 I reccomend five or seven gallon plastic pots with drainage holes for your next run, gives you a few days between waterings & cuts your labor time along with larger plants to help reduce plant count numbers.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
The plants look great to me. Depending on your medium and personal preferences, watering can be done several times a day or weekly if they don't need more water prior to that. I water daily (5 gallon buckets w/ Promix) and will get wilting if I let it go for more than 2 days, but every plant and medium is a little different as far as water retention goes. If you can go 7 days without watering, I would be concerned about the excessive water being held in the medium. I can't tell the overall size from your photos, but a mature plant goes thru a lot of water, at least in my experience. What are they being grown in?
I just saw that you are growing in a metal container with no drain holes. That is an invitation to disaster, in my opinion. Without the holes, O2 will have difficulty reaching the roots and the chance of them getting flooded/suffocated is pretty high. It can be done, but is difficult to grow like that and can cause a lot of problems. Bottom drainage is very important, at least in my setup.

chussu

chussu

The plants look great to me. Depending on your medium and personal preferences, watering can be done several times a day or weekly if they don't need more water prior to that. I water daily (5 gallon buckets w/ Promix) and will get wilting if I let it go for more than 2 days, but every plant and medium is a little different as far as water retention goes. If you can go 7 days without watering, I would be concerned about the excessive water being held in the medium. I can't tell the overall size from your photos, but a mature plant goes thru a lot of water, at least in my experience. What are they being grown in?
I just saw that you are growing in a metal container with no drain holes. That is an invitation to disaster, in my opinion. Without the holes, O2 will have difficulty reaching the roots and the chance of them getting flooded/suffocated is pretty high. It can be done, but is difficult to grow like that and can cause a lot of problems. Bottom drainage is very important, at least in my setup.
I already overwatered them once and now i am really worried about it being all wet at the bottom and dry on the top. I have a tiny heater fan, i was thinking of turning it on and put it on the side of container to it dries up the soil. Would that work? That's why i have been not watering them.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I already overwatered them once and now i am really worried about it being all wet at the bottom and dry on the top. I have a tiny heater fan, i was thinking of turning it on and put it on the side of container to it dries up the soil. Would that work? That's why i have been not watering them.
A heater fan won't get rid of the water at the bottom of the pot/container. Once water starts to collect in the bottom, it will stagnate, lose it's O2, and kill off the roots. Is it possible to drill one small drain hole? One is much better than none, even if it is small. If you had a vacuum pump, you could possibly run a small hose to the very bottom of your container and see if you can suck out any standing water. Blowing a little air at thevery bottom would also help, as the air motion would help to distribute any excess water as well as provide O2 for the roots. IMO, I'd say drilling a small hole would be much easier and preferred. Depending on the metal, it could also leach into the soil, causing problems.

chussu

chussu

A heater fan won't get rid of the water at the bottom of the pot/container. Once water starts to collect in the bottom, it will stagnate, lose it's O2, and kill off the roots. Is it possible to drill one small drain hole? One is much better than none, even if it is small. If you had a vacuum pump, you could possibly run a small hose to the very bottom of your container and see if you can suck out any standing water. Blowing a little air at thevery bottom would also help, as the air motion would help to distribute any excess water as well as provide O2 for the roots. IMO, I'd say drilling a small hole would be much easier and preferred. Depending on the metal, it could also leach into the soil, causing problems.
It was screwed up from the beginning, as drilling is not an option for me here which sucks. I have seen pics of plants with leaf problems and other stuff, so far i am a little relieved that i haven't seen a yellow leaf yet but like it says online most problems occur during flowering. So i am being paranoid. Thanks again

chussu

chussu

Should i put it back with my other 2 plants under the lights or keep it separate? Thanks

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hi chussu,
Is there a reason why you cant pull the flowering plant out of the metal container and re pot it in something suitable ? Like jimster said, its an invitation for disaster...
Seriousley , i would risk killing the plant with transplant shock than keeping it it the metal container.... that container is a really bad idea...

dire wolf

dire wolf

And your plant is displaying all the normal indications of being female...

chussu

chussu

So is it safe to transplant it from the metal container to a regular pot? I am scared that it might die.

Top Bottom