Not sure what’s wrong?

• Thread starter euphoria526
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
euphoria526

euphoria526

3x3 330w led tent grow In ffhf soil.
4” 190cfm exhaust fan/ carb filter.
was given 2 clones about a month ago from a buddy in 1/2 gal Plastic pots, potted up since then to 2 gal pots for final containers.
started out in ffof, outdoors. He gave them to me probably within 2 weeks of him getting Them. They have been fine for the majority of the time but the last few days they have been showing signs of what may be calcium or magnesium deficiency?
mostly because of the yellowing and upturning of leaves.
I have been watering with ph’d tap water between 6-7 every other day sharing 1 gallon between the two until I notice dripping runoff, and once a week 7-10 days) I have been top dressing with Roots Organic terp tea grow (7-1-1) and every other feeding Ive been adding 2ml of Botanicare calmag+ as a precautionary And silica pro (grow Tek) for strengthening.
I am also waiting on a spray bottle to mix up some dr zymes eliminator for preventative maintenance
-YES - my tent is running in an unideal environment, a little hot ranging from 75°-85° and the humidity is low high 30’s-high 40’s, I don’t plan on getting an air conditioner for the tent and I’m in an top floor apt and gets sun alL day.
so, onto the pics:
BD689F8A-BFA9-4B28-A26C-00C465D9502A.jpeg
513C6866-FDAC-43AD-98E8-708B7943398C.jpeg
8B239D8B-7C93-43CC-98F4-348D7F83CB3C.jpeg
7F816E1E-1FD0-4EBD-B687-A216D3A0FDE0.jpeg
3EB66A3C-7501-498B-B8C2-86D847855069.jpeg

Wifi #43
BD689F8A-BFA9-4B28-A26C-00C465D9502A.jpeg
513C6866-FDAC-43AD-98E8-708B7943398C.jpeg
8B239D8B-7C93-43CC-98F4-348D7F83CB3C.jpeg
7F816E1E-1FD0-4EBD-B687-A216D3A0FDE0.jpeg
3EB66A3C-7501-498B-B8C2-86D847855069.jpeg
69751DF3-9761-409A-8231-85023707B9E1.jpeg
CEC351CE-67B3-4260-94C7-8155B0332562.jpeg
3A640D91-F2A8-4552-AE25-7209CF8A9D27.jpeg
59292226-C8B4-4F06-A0DD-70BF579A7EB9.jpeg

Any and all help is appreciated

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
euphoria526

euphoria526

'

And possibly a touch of..

I was thinking of possible light burn also. the lights are about 2 ft away from the top of the net/ plants +/- and dimmed to about %85-%90, mostly based off of the heat,
Im HOPING it is just the deficiencies but im not sure, that article is literally open in another tab and ive been going over it for a day or two, trying to narrow it down and hoping I don't drown them in calmag. if its not calmag then it might be pests(?)
as far as the burn goes, I am I have read that ff is usually hot, I waited about 2 weeks before I started feeding them anything, then did less than what is labeled on the bag, also waited over a week to feed when I potted up, just to make sure the nutrients in the soil got used.
thank you for the speedy reply, LittleDabbie.
any other insight or suggestions are also welcome

I will also note that this is my first time growing anything in a very long time, let alone with led lights. id like to THINK im doing ok, but only time will tell lol

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
FF is pretty hot if you used the ocean forest mix the happy frog not so much, feeding if your using ocean forest wont need to happen for 1-3 months!!

So yeah reconsider your feeding if your using a hot soil :D

euphoria526

euphoria526

FF is pretty hot if you used the ocean forest mix the happy frog not so much, feeding if your using ocean forest wont need to happen for 1-3 months!!

So yeah reconsider your feeding if your using a hot soil :D
yeahhhh, they started out in ffof and was given fresh soil in the same pots BEFORE given to me. then on 6/29 I transplanted them into 2gal pots with the happy frog, so its kind of a mix of the two (ffhf/of) down there at this point. guess ill take it easy with the top feeds and feed with less than what ive been doing, if not at all for another week or two.
today is a watering day so ill add some calmag and see if that helps clear things up.
do you think the silica would have anything to do with it at all? just curious
the smaller looking fo the two already has some sort of mutation, has a few multi colored leaves growing from it. so im guessing not the best genetics.

chemistry

chemistry

Check your Nitrogen, 2ml of Calmg every other day is a lot, and the tea you use is 7-1-1, what's your total PPM.

Dr.B

Dr.B

You shouldn't be adding nutrients to fox farm soil in the first 5 - 6 weeks. That's your problem. Too many nutrients, now you are getting locked out. It will manifest first as a magnesium/calcium issue but the problem is actually in the media. Flush, flush, flush then leave it alone until its dry.

euphoria526

euphoria526

so, basically, too many nutes too soon?
@chemisty- I don know how to check nitrogen levels also not sure about the ppm levels, haven't tested them, but I do know my tap is already running around 250. ran through a Brita filter brings it down to 180 ppm's typically.
which brings me to the attention that im unsure of soil ph as well, :/ I have a soil meter coming from amazon in the next day or two, so I can at least check up on that end.

@DrB, if flushing is what I need, how much should I flush for the 2 gal pots?

is this something that can solve itself out in time with just ph'd water?

Last edited:
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I think you are seeing a Magnesium lockout that is being caused by an excess of nutrients. Cal-Mag, everybody's Advil for plants, can raise the Ph enough from the calcium content to lock out the magnesium that you are trying to supplement. Several other nutrients, when in excess and under the proper Ph conditions, can also lockout Phosphorus and Calcium. Fox Farms has a lot of nutrients in it already and adding extra stuff can potentially push you over the lockout edge.
Just my opinion. Looks like magnesium deficiency to me... maybe a light foliar feeding of epsom salts would quickly prove or disprove it.

euphoria526

euphoria526

I think you are seeing a Magnesium lockout that is being caused by an excess of nutrients. Cal-Mag, everybody's Advil for plants, can raise the Ph enough from the calcium content to lock out the magnesium that you are trying to supplement. Several other nutrients, when in excess and under the proper Ph conditions, can also lockout Phosphorus and Calcium. Fox Farms has a lot of nutrients in it already and adding extra stuff can potentially push you over the lockout edge.
Just my opinion. Looks like magnesium deficiency to me... maybe a light foliar feeding of epsom salts would quickly prove or disprove it.
thank you for the reply. I DO have some Epsom salts I can try that with. I needed to do a foliar spray also for PIM. they should be performed separate, correct?
I apologize for all the questions, ive been racking my brain trying to figure this out the last few days, and at this point it might be in need of a flush, ive kept a pretty good journal since ive gotten them and it might be that I started to feed them too much too soon. :p

euphoria526

euphoria526

small update, just watered them and collected some runoff, the Purple cookies runoff is at 6.7 and the wifi#43 is at 6.5 ph.
there is that info, if its good for anything lol

euphoria526

euphoria526

little update.
with using nothing but ph'd water, ive been giving every 2-4 days depending on weight of the pot. seemed to clear most of the burn out, but sits still showing up a little bit on the purple wookies. the Wifi im still writing off as bad genetics in the first place, as she has been struggling the entire time ive had her.
ive been wanting to throw them into flower based on size and height restrictions, but I want them to be healthier before I do. any suggestions? also feels like I don't need to gave any more nutes for the Flower stretch, and maybe 1 small dose for bloom after stretch
I did get a humidifier to help with vpd, but temps have still been around 80 with rh around %60-65
ive been ph-ing down to 6.1- 6.3 with the soil reading up to 6.8 +
one still looks so much better then the other

IMG 8776
euphoria526

euphoria526

little update: I woke up to the ladies looking like this a couple days ago.
temps have been getting too hot, even at night. leaving the ac on all day, the RH goes down to mid 30's/40's, I can get that back up, but the temps usually don't go below 80ºf. not sure if it is the ph, ive been consistently giving 6.4ph water, with maybe 1-2 dose of calmag about a month apart, just to see if that helped. didn't do anything. could it be that it needs nutes? ive been cautions since everyone in here told me to lay off and haven't fed them in over a month and a half.
the upturned curling makes me think heat, as most of both plants look like they have it. any remedies I can use to bring them back to better health? or should I cut my losses, and flip now, see what I can get?
Wierd1
Wierd2
Wierd3

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

little update: I woke up to the ladies looking like this a couple days ago.
temps have been getting too hot, even at night. leaving the ac on all day, the RH goes down to mid 30's/40's, I can get that back up, but the temps usually don't go below 80ºf. not sure if it is the ph, ive been consistently giving 6.4ph water, with maybe 1-2 dose of calmag about a month apart, just to see if that helped. didn't do anything. could it be that it needs nutes? ive been cautions since everyone in here told me to lay off and haven't fed them in over a month and a half.
the upturned curling makes me think heat, as most of both plants look like they have it. any remedies I can use to bring them back to better health? or should I cut my losses, and flip now, see what I can get?
View attachment 1016682View attachment 1016683View attachment 1016684
What's the PPM of your runoff

Edit: was glancing through your thread when I saw you update; my first impression was a lockout causing a potassium deficiency

That's also what I see above, you haven't flushed it out well enough and/or changed your watering practice, so if you describe how you're feeding and watering it might help

Last edited:
euphoria526

euphoria526

What's the PPM of your runoff
not sure about ppm's in runoff. next time I water I'll get that number, might be off because im thinking of top feeding a little bit in case they are actually in need of nutrients. just watered yesterday, so it might be another day or two before watering.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

not sure about ppm's in runoff. next time I water I'll get that number, might be off because im thinking of top feeding a little bit in case they are actually in need of nutrients. just watered yesterday, so it might be another day or two before watering.
Yeah but I don't think I'm being clear you need to flush the living piss out of your soil;

if you have 3 gallon pots you need to put 9 gallons of pH 6.5 water through each one if you want to possibly save those plants

And that's just for starters; after that The Next Step would be talking about your feeding and watering practices

After you do a heavy flush tag me in and I'll tell you what I would do next to correct and eliminate your issues, good luck!

Edit: Btw I knew you didn't have a PPM meter, that's why I asked; ppm's a big part of your problem

Latest posts

Top Bottom