Not sure what I am dealing with here. Seeds? Pods? Nanners? Hermies? Pictures Attached

• Thread starter muzzle
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

muzzle

firstly pictures of plants a week or two before harvest would of helped immensely..
without knowing much about the plants but by looking at the pictures of your buds, how do you not notice your trichomes are all stressed/elongated to the max, i barely see any heads on the capitate stalked trichomes, looks like an over abundance of non granular trichomes..
all do to with stresses.. should learn to grow with a small grow first instead of being greedy..

Thanks for the advice! Check out this picture on Harvest Day. I'm not sure if it's clear enough, but here is a point of view.

71886655352  8EE05264 D3D9 4542 B5AF DB6AF153E4CE
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Thanks for the advice! Check out this picture on Harvest Day. I'm not sure if it's clear enough, but here is a point of view.
ok ya those lights look really close and possibly all the removal of plant material probably didn’t help.. some strains just get weaker immune systems quick when continuing to take clones.. switching from 18/6 to 12/12 can be enough stress to hermie,
incorrect feeding, etc all can make plants hermie..
your buds and leafs that are there all seem to look fine, a few taco leaves but nothing bad..
grow them a bit shorter next time..

M

muzzle

ok ya those lights look really close and possibly all the removal of plant material probably didn’t help.. some strains just get weaker immune systems quick when continuing to take clones.. switching from 18/6 to 12/12 can be enough stress to hermie,
incorrect feeding, etc all can make plants hermie..
your buds and leafs that are there all seem to look fine, a few taco leaves but nothing bad..
grow them a bit shorter next time..
That's kind of the issue with the situation. They had no signs of stress, or any indicators that something was happening. The only thing I noticed was they slowed down eating end of middle end of week 6.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
That's kind of the issue with the situation. They had no signs of stress, or any indicators that something was happening. The only thing I noticed was they slowed down eating end of middle end of week 6.
well when you looked at the trichomes with a loupe etc, they look healthy to you?.
your trichomes on those first pictures looked really stressed and damaged.. either from lights/heat..
how’s the yield or the high??
maybe a virus like hlvd?..

M

muzzle

well when you looked at the trichomes with a loupe etc, they look healthy to you?.
your trichomes on those first pictures looked really stressed and damaged.. either from lights/heat..
Yield was about 2.7 a light, and the high was great. I've had no complaints about the final product. Typically for trichomes I look for stress. I never really paid attention to the look and if they looked stressed or not. This is a good point.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
Yield was about 2.7 a light, and the high was great. I've had no complaints about the final product. Typically for trichomes I look for stress. I never really paid attention to the look and if they looked stressed or not. This is a good point.
You can definitely get more space between those lights too, my lights are 2ft apart in my flower room. You end up paying way more than you should running the lights that close together. Even with a 2-3ft space inbetween them, the lights foot print will wash into the other light space keeping your ppfd golden. And heat stays lower ect. Just a bonus 2 cents…….

M

muzzle

You can definitely get more space between those lights too, my lights are 2ft apart in my flower room. You end up paying way more than you should running the lights that close together. Even with a 2-3ft space inbetween them, the lights foot print will wash into the other light space keeping your ppfd golden. And heat stays lower ect. Just a bonus 2 cents…….
That's the plan this time.. We're aiming for 12 - 18 inches of space. This should do justice!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
That's the plan this time.. We're aiming for 12 - 18 inches of space. This should do justice!
Love it. Saves on your lights drivers and overall lifespan of your lights. Lower heat, means lower usage wear and tear in the long run. Onward and upward homie. Just keep your light measuring tool close when situating the new layout for those lights. Set the lights spacing based on ppfd output for seedlings. Then you know you will have plenty of juice for the long haul. May be able to finish runs at max 70% output in that big space.

M

muzzle

Love it. Saves on your lights drivers and overall lifespan of your lights. Lower heat, means lower usage wear and tear in the long run. Onward and upward homie. Just keep your light measuring tool close when situating the new layout for those lights. Set the lights spacing based on ppfd output for seedlings. Then you know you will have plenty of juice for the long haul. May be able to finish runs at max 70% output in that big space.
Thank you bro! I always went by the philosophy of more watts, more weight. I start at 100% in week 1, and by week 6 I'm at 110%. However, I'm thinking you're right and that's way too close to the canopy for that much output lol.

Choppr

Choppr

Terps/Trichomes are Volatile - they burn off in High Light / Temps, this is why I have suggested that final week(flush week) to back off on Light Pressures 10-15%, this advice has never been received well on this forum...Ive been shot down several times! - @GNick55 is on the scene!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Terps/Trichomes are Volatile - they burn off in High Light / Temps, this is why I have suggested that final week(flush week) to back off on Light Pressures 10-15%, this advice has never been received well on this forum...Ive been shot down several times! - @GNick55 is on the scene!
even though i haven’t applied the method i feel backing off the light for a couple days here and there during the last few weeks of flowering is beneficial..

Latest posts

Top Bottom