Not sure whats happening here?

• Thread starter CriticalWorm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CriticalWorm

CriticalWorm

Plants looking alittle unhappy 😞 some sun in the forecast. Hoping things dry up a bit and they come around. Or did I over do my last topdressing?

Not sure whats happening here
Not sure whats happening here 2
Not sure whats happening here 3
Not sure whats happening here 4
Not sure whats happening here 5
Not sure whats happening here 6
Not sure whats happening here 7
Not sure whats happening here 8
Not sure whats happening here 9
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

Are these plants in the ground? or Pots?
This far along top dressing may be creating a little more nitrogen than the plants are happy with. What did you top dress with?

As your plant's are starting to flower you should be applying a flowering mix or if your into organic. something like this.

CriticalWorm

CriticalWorm

20gal fabric pots on the ground with a shit load of rain lately. Stoped all purpose gaia green a few weeks ago but been top dressing heavily with power bloom gaia green and mineralized phosphate gaia green. Thx

CriticalWorm

CriticalWorm

Looked gd a few days ago. But much more rain since than. But I'm guessing maybe lay of the topdressing.

20230820 185954
20230731 172038
Imzzaudae

Imzzaudae

From what your telling me and what I see. Everything is about as perfect as can be. You switched to a flowering mix and minerals pretty much right on time. The one plant looks like it's a little hot but it will be ok in the long run. As time goes on some plants may be pulling a little nitrogen from the lower leaves and yello up a bit. Nothing to worry about there at this stage.

The browning tips usually indicate high salt content in the potting mix and a miniral flush is in order. Maybe keep an eye on them. Other than that I'd say wow man nice grow!
Looks like your doing a fine job.

Last edited:
CriticalWorm

CriticalWorm

I've never added any synthetics or anything other than organic amendments to my soil mixes ever and they are soaked and been soaked so I tell myself to just leave them alone but idk I do notice some fungus gnats around and I have blamed them in the past for poor crops but I feel like I've gotten so far this year without any that it would be hard for them to hurt me now bbt once again idk lol... guess I should of gave them the 2nd recommended dose of nematodes but I just learned this week that the heat can kill them off so hit them twice gd to know for next year.

20230626 182415
20230709 191830
20230702 153806
20230625 155044
CriticalWorm

CriticalWorm

Found 2 leafs with what I guess is moth eggs or God knows on them but I pulled them off and got rid off them but I notice the wire I have surrounding the shelter frame I have my plants in seem too have the same eggs on the wire which is very close to my plants so I may have to remove wire fence closing them in just to gid rid off eggs. Fire does not seem to hurt them visibly. Lol

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
@CriticalWorm - Flushing isn't necessary or even advisable when using organic nutrients.

I also use Gaia Green with mycorrhizae. I also add 1 tablespoon Epsom salts, 1 tablespoon gypsum and 2 tablespoons Azomite. These supplement magnesium, calcium and micronutrients. I do that about every two weeks or when I think the plant needs it. I put it in a jar with some soil, mix it up and top dress it before watering.

coolslayer

coolslayer

I've never added any synthetics or anything other than organic amendments to my soil mixes ever and they are soaked and been soaked so I tell myself to just leave them alone but idk I do notice some fungus gnats around and I have blamed them in the past for poor crops but I feel like I've gotten so far this year without any that it would be hard for them to hurt me now bbt once again idk lol... guess I should of gave them the 2nd recommended dose of nematodes but I just learned this week that the heat can kill them off so hit them twice gd to know for next year.
Looks kinda like a disc golf course out there....... deer?

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
A little gaia goes a long way

Top Bottom