Not sure whats happening here?

• Thread starter CriticalWorm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
socks4free

socks4free

Cut those off immediately and kill the eggs.

You def don't want those hatching and eating your plants. You will want to check over each of your plants closely to make sure there aren't other patches of eggs around. I've had this before a couple times and each time I found several groups of eggs.

coolslayer

coolslayer

I think my research has uncovered some interesting info:

It is remotely possible that the eggs are not harmful or from beneficial insects, but I recommend, as a last resort, a Spinosad based spray or possibly this:

coolslayer

coolslayer

I'm interested in knowing exactly what kind of infestation you found.....I'm going to look around and see what I can come up with.....
I welcome any help with researching this.....

socks4free

socks4free

I think my research has uncovered some interesting info:

It is remotely possible that the eggs are not harmful or from beneficial insects, but I recommend, as a last resort, a Spinosad based spray or possibly this:

Last year I had almost identical eggs as this guy has if not completely identical layed in the same spot, same color and look. I cut off the part of the leaf that had the eggs put it in a plastic jug with a lid and let them hatch to see what was laying eggs and they hatched into almost microscopic catelilara so it likely came from moths. He can hatch them in a bottle like I did to see for sure but id imagine it's gonna be a Similar experience.

coolslayer

coolslayer

Last year I had almost identical eggs as this guy has if not completely identical layed in the same spot, same color and look. I cut off the part of the leaf that had the eggs put it in a plastic jug with a lid and let them hatch to see what was laying eggs and they hatched into almost microscopic catelilara so it likely came from moths. He can hatch them in a bottle like I did to see for sure but id imagine it's gonna be a Similar experience.
Yeah, moths were on my suspect list also. Good idea, socks4free, then he can see if they are benign or beneficial insects....

socks4free

socks4free

Yeah, moths were on my suspect list also. Good idea, socks4free, then he can see if they are benign or beneficial insects....
This thread reminded me of last year so I immediately went out to make sure I didn't see any eggs myself after sending that haha. The eggs hatched quick fast after I put them in the jar so probably don't take long to grow

Week4Bytch

Week4Bytch

The Cannabis Karen (I'm a Bytch)
Supporter
Plants looking alittle unhappy 😞 some sun in the forecast. Hoping things dry up a bit and they come around. Or did I over do my last topdressing?
Compared to a lot of plants I've seen..these are healthy. And the rain just naturally flushed the pots for you wether you like it or not. Fortunately it just washed the broken down nutes away so if you did over did it your starting from a clean slate and the remaining top dressing will fill in the gaps on it's own..win win situation.

Top Bottom