Not understanding when veg starts

• Thread starter CTABB83
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CTABB83

CTABB83

I'm hoping some may have an idea what week my plant might be in. The first pic was taken Dec 24th and had been pooped roughly a week and a half, second was this morning. Also The 3rd is my light distance 1000w led dimmed to 50% getting ppfd of 300 on plant top. Is that ok or not enough to much im not sure. Thanks guys

Not understanding when veg starts
Not understanding when veg starts 2
Not understanding when veg starts 3
PK1

PK1

Supporter
you are in veg mode already. Veg mode starts as soon as the lower branch development starts. Not sure exactly what week of veg.
Regardless, it doesn't really matter what week of veg you are in. You are also on the 5th or 6th node. Start planning on what you are looking to achieve and what trainings your going to do.

also, try to keep to one diaries so members can follow along with everything you are doing to the plant.

CTABB83

CTABB83

you are in veg mode already. Veg mode starts as soon as the lower branch development starts. Not sure exactly what week of veg.
Regardless, it doesn't really matter what week of veg you are in. You are also on the 5th or 6th node. Start planning on what you are looking to achieve and what trainings your going to do.

also, try to keep to one diaries so members can follow along with everything you are doing to the plant.
Awesome thank you, I'm going with LST probably seems more my level. I haven't had to really mix ferts yet but I'm using ro that reads a ph of 6.4-6.7 nothing added tds of 0-2. I used FF Ocean Forest with xtreme myko when I transplanted. I'm just worried about over feeding and watering. I know I'm good for a bit I just like to be prepared.

Reactions: PK1
CTABB83

CTABB83

Also what should my ppfd be and distance possibly? Here's my light info hopefully it helps. I'm currently at 18in and 50% dimmed doing a 18-6 cycle

Screenshot 20211124 091012 Chrome
Screenshot 20211203 071809 Chrome
Screenshot 20211203 071726 Chrome
PK1

PK1

Supporter
you want 300 ppfd to the top of the plant. you can download a lux/ppfd app on your phone and walkthroughs it. keep it at 30inch away as a start reference.

CTABB83

CTABB83

you want 300 ppfd to the top of the plant. you can download a lux/ppfd app on your phone and walkthroughs it. keep it at 30inch away as a start reference.

I have this one on my phone it's pretty accurate. This is an old reading.

Screenshot 20220102 075343 PPFD Meter
PK1

PK1

Supporter
Awesome thank you, I'm going with LST probably seems more my level. I haven't had to really mix ferts yet but I'm using ro that reads a ph of 6.4-6.7 nothing added tds of 0-2. I used FF Ocean Forest with xtreme myko when I transplanted. I'm just worried about over feeding and watering. I know I'm good for a bit I just like to be prepared.
overwatering is not only the volume of water you give the soil but how often you do it. At this stage of early veg she has made good root progression but there is no point of watering to drain at this moment cuz the roots aren't even that long. (i'm not saying you can't, but i just do see a point) Instead, I would water in a circular shape from the outside leafs to the outside of the fiber pot. This creates a ring around the plant and allows roots to grow further to search for nutrients. Also, for easy calculation im just going to example a gallon of water. If your plant is taking a gallon of water then divide that into 4 quarters and give 30 min break between each watering. This allows air to to passthrough in the soil and not sufricate the roots. Also, the last quarter should be given inside the ring. If you do things correctly and pay attention, you'll see that the plant will suck down into the soil.

I do like to make the fiber pot side walls wet when watering as it gives me a idea how wet/damp the soil is

PK1

PK1

Supporter
I have this one on my phone it's pretty accurate. This is an old reading.
slowly bring the light down from 30inch and get the ppfd to 300ppfd. keep the intensity the same. if you notice any leaf curling but your temps and humidity is on point than go back to your previous setting by bring the light back up to 30 inch and instead at 50 and once its recouped you can turn the intensity up by 5%

CTABB83

CTABB83

slowly bring the light down from 30inch and get the ppfd to 300ppfd. keep the intensity the same. if you notice any leaf curling but your temps and humidity is on point than go back to your previous setting by bring the light back up to 30 inch and instead at 50 and once its recouped you can turn the intensity up by 5%
Awesome thanks.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
your plant is also at the 5th node. Topping it will allow the lower branches to develop more. You can also bend the 4th node to 45 degree which is a low stress training and that gives more light to the lower leaves.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
actually, i take one thing back. Bring the light down to 25inch and turn the intensity down to 300ppfd. Temps 78,81f with 55-70%RH

CTABB83

CTABB83

your plant is also at the 5th node. Topping it will allow the lower branches to develop more. You can also bend the 4th node to 45 degree which is a low stress training and that gives more light to the lower leaves.
Ok, I just transplanted a few days ago so I was waiting for it to adjust so its not stressed too much. I know the pot I used is probably too big so lesson learned there. One last thing. I just got some happy frog and ocean I want to mix them in a spare 5 gal fabric I have. How should I mix it?

CTABB83

CTABB83

actually, i take one thing back. Bring the light down to 25inch and turn the intensity down to 300ppfd. Temps 78,81f with 55-70%RH
Ok, I have a humidifier coming today because I'm struggling getting it above 44%. I'm sure that isn't helping

PK1

PK1

Supporter
A plant start vegetative growth when photosynthesis begins. Some light makers subdivide the veg cycle into seedling, early veg, and late veg.
good to know the main reason, I like the subdivide they've made as it makes it easy to follow. For me veg day starts when the lower branches start to develop. For some people might be different, but at the end of the day it really doesn't matter for photoperiods, unless going into flower. It's good to know the start day of flower but still base the finishing day on thrichomes.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Are you planning on filling the pot with some more soil? Usually not good to have all that space, it allows for no airflow and will keep the air down there stagnant. Just from my experience. Looks good. I always count veg start time after I see the first set of 5 finger leafs.
Burnz

CTABB83

CTABB83

Are you planning on filling the pot with some more soil? Usually not good to have all that space, it allows for no airflow and will keep the air down there stagnant. Just from my experience. Looks good. I always count veg start time after I see the first set of 5 finger leafs.
Burnz
Yeah I was waiting for more. I have a bag of ocean and it came with happy frog as a promo. How can I mix these? I mean whats a good ratio?

growboy420

growboy420

I'm hoping some may have an idea what week my plant might be in. The first pic was taken Dec 24th and had been pooped roughly a week and a half, second was this morning. Also The 3rd is my light distance 1000w led dimmed to 50% getting ppfd of 300 on plant top. Is that ok or not enough to much im not sure. Thanks guys
Week 2 of veg it looks like..maybe 3rd..you shouldn't put small plants into big pots..the roots don't form properly because the water drains away from the plant..might stunt the growth..it's better to size up the pots according to 'drip line' of leaves (outer measurement) where they hang over the pot..just free advice..plants look good you kept the lights nice and close so stretch was minimized!

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Yeah I was waiting for more. I have a bag of ocean and it came with happy frog as a promo. How can I mix these? I mean whats a good ratio?
it doesn't matter. FFOF is slightly stronger than FFHF. Right now you don't need to mix anything and you have enough soil in the fabric pot.
Down the road when you need to top it up than you can add more FFOF since its stronger. Keep the FFHF for your clones, seedlings.

Top Bottom