November Harvests: What are your plans for your buds? Let's get hyped!

• Thread starter Milson
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
So really nice plants guys great thread , I'll be doing a little and I do mean little harvest come November my F1 strawberry lights seeded female crossed with fi SL male a small run but you got to start at grassroots level to get anywhere . It's been limping along through a cold Tassie winter eking out sun n warmth when the sun seeks it out approx 4 to 6 hr a day in window sills and in the little glass house in back yard, I'm trying to get a strain to be cold tolerant a bit more so that's why it's been limping n the winter sun doing its best to bear fruit and it's got some really good amount of seed ready for trials with other growers to get there take on my breeding . Od .

IMG 20201109 210952
IMG 20201109 210939
IMG 20201109 210930
Odiesel

Odiesel

As far as the end of this run goes and the actual harvest I have been racking my brain the past few days on where I am going to dry. My grow is set up in my bedroom with a 4x4 for flower and I am using my closet to veg in. I thought of buying a 3x3 tent and using it to dry in as I have a 27x27 tent but that is not large enough to dry this whole crop. Of course I could just dry in the 4x4, but that's not taking my plans for the next cycle into account.
In the closet I have some more 3 in the Pink cuts going along with 3 gelato seedlings by Canuk and a few Jbeezy Wedding Cake cuts waiting to root.

20201107 132954

Why I can't use the flower tent to dry in will be due to how I want to do my next cycle with smaller plants being harvested every 2-3 weeks. That way my work load will be less at once when processing my smoke and I can continue to cycle different strains in for variety.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Jah is short for jack hearer. It's sort of hashy, with a mild myrcerine flavor.
It's not bad, but far from my favorite.
Jack herer? Not my fav but i have had it a few times. My experience with the flavor has been it's quite strong and has some pinene in it for sure.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
I am on day 40 of flower the strain is 3 in the Pink by Exotic Genetix from clone. Currently I have 8 in a 4x4 under an ROI E680 LED being fed Megacrop 1 part, Recharge, Massive Bloom, and Fish Shit.
I might pull one day 56 and still be included in the November harvest although the guy I got this cut from said he likes to let them go 9 weeks. I will check the trichomes at different stages and see what I feel is best might do a few days in between some and see if there's a difference.

View attachment 1053765
View attachment 1053766

This round while growing these the defoliation method I used was a half ass one around day 7, then another heavier one on day 20.
Next run I will not leave so many lower buds, do a heavy defoliation day 1 and possibly only leave the top 2-3 nodes per branch.

View attachment 1053767
Looks great! A feel for how much to take on defoliating seems strain to strain for sure.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
As far as the end of this run goes and the actual harvest I have been racking my brain the past few days on where I am going to dry. My grow is set up in my bedroom with a 4x4 for flower and I am using my closet to veg in. I thought of buying a 3x3 tent and using it to dry in as I have a 27x27 tent but that is not large enough to dry this whole crop. Of course I could just dry in the 4x4, but that's not taking my plans for the next cycle into account.
In the closet I have some more 3 in the Pink cuts going along with 3 gelato seedlings by Canuk and a few Jbeezy Wedding Cake cuts waiting to root.

View attachment 1053771

Why I can't use the flower tent to dry in will be due to how I want to do my next cycle with smaller plants being harvested every 2-3 weeks. That way my work load will be less at once when processing my smoke and I can continue to cycle different strains in for variety.
When yr drying, you are basically trying to let the cells die slowly and capture as little chlorophyll as possible. If it's light, the chlorophyll activates. Not great. If it dries too fast, the chlorophyll remains. Not ideal.

In my opinion, the environment for drying is at least as hard to get right as when the plant is alive and growing.

BigCube

BigCube

Jack herer? Not my fav but i have had it a few times. My experience with the flavor has been it's quite strong and has some pinene in it for sure.

Not my favorite ether. Probably the one I like the least. But I wasnt going to throw the seeds away.

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Not my favorite ether. Probably the one I like the least. But I wasnt going to throw the seeds away.
Heck no! I doubt i have had it really done well. The stuff I have had is good morning smoke, just not as much....zing?...as my fav sativa leaners. But the taste has honestly been very good. I think of it as a bit limonene, a bit of pinene, a bit of pepper whatever that is, and then some myrcene like you said.

Edit: apparently the pepper is terpinolene. Wow. https://www.leafly.com/news/strains-products/terpenes-in-jack-cannabis-strain-family

Seems like a strain that would reward a good cure...

Last edited:
BigCube

BigCube

When yr drying, you are basically trying to let the cells die slowly and capture as little chlorophyll as possible. If it's light, the chlorophyll activates. Not great. If it dries too fast, the chlorophyll remains. Not ideal.

In my opinion, the environment for drying is at least as hard to get right as when the plant is alive and growing.

Drying in a tent can be mostly automated. No lights, small fan in the tent not blowing on flowers, exhaust fan and filter and a humidistat.

Keep the room temperature down if you can. Set your humidistat to turn on at 61% and off at 59%.

If you are like me.. I have multiple tents with almost always something going. The room my tents are in is kept at 19c. With the rest of my house, the humidity is kept at 50%, goes up to 55% sometimes. But anything above 60% and a dehumidifier kicks on. In the summer I have an ac to cool the room down.

If you're keeping optimal conditions already for growing, its not too different for drying. 👍

Your main concerns are mold and drying too fast. The humidistat will keep your RH good combined with the small fan circulating air around, neither should be a problem.

Good luck!

BigCube

BigCube

Heck no! I doubt i have had it really done well. The stuff I have had is good morning smoke, just not as much....zing?...as my fav sativa leaners. But the taste has honestly been very good. I think of it as a bit limonene, a bit of pinene, a bit of pepper whatever that is, and then some myrcene like you said.

Edit: apparently the pepper is terpinolene. Wow. https://www.leafly.com/news/strains-products/terpenes-in-jack-cannabis-strain-family

Seems like a strain that would reward a good cure...

It does, but it's not my flavor. It's almost chemical. I'm more of a "sweet and skunky" kinda guy 🤣

The last one I did was in a 1.5g pot, to see what it was all about. It grew well, yielded nice and is strong. Everything was good, just not my taste 😪

The one on the left in the smaller pot.

20200801 085919

B.S.G

B.S.G

Supporter
Hi y'all! Milson here. I told a guy named @B.S.G that i would do a November harvest thread, and i remembered!

So if y'all got a harvest coming this month (or you just had one), let's post our pics here and talk about our plans for the incoming harvest!! I'm talking whole crops, little buds...hey if you've got a male that's popping off his nanners and you're hype about it, let's see it!

Going to drip mine out a plant a time. This is Chemdog, and my plan for her is night time smoke along with using the lower stuff to make edibles that my wife likes especially. About 17 days out!
View attachment 1053319View attachment 1053320View attachment 1053321

(Btw, this is all love and good vibes please. It's a hype thread! We can leave critiques for somewhere else unless someone asks).

Milson you legend 🙌

Sometimes a little distance can be a great thing iv been following a professor from utar University an im back!

Iv only been in the dirt 2 weeks with 7 purple sherbet fem an 3 autos from seed.

Not going to flip the purple sherbet till the autos are ready got a bit more head room now 🥳

Amazing work as always 👏

Stay frosty 🥶

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
This is Sweet Zombie. She is getting frosty.

IMG 20201115 150109309
IMG 20201115 150129026
IMG 20201115 150133058
IMG 20201115 150053385

Last edited:
Odiesel

Odiesel

This is Sweet Zombie. She is getting frosty. Grown on recommendation of @sshz ....... And yeah, it looks amazing. He told me I had to make sure it went longer than 8 weeks, so that is what I am doing....probably the healthiest of my plants at this stage too!

View attachment 1056337View attachment 1056338View attachment 1056339View attachment 1056340View attachment 1056341View attachment 1056342View attachment 1056343
Is that a nanner in the 2nd and 3rd pic? Years ago i always had problems with hermies so now that i have a tent of photos im scared of hermies but that just look likes late stage nanners

Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Is that a nanner in the 2nd and 3rd pic? Years ago i always had problems with hermies so now that i have a tent of photos im scared of hermies but that just look likes late stage nanners
I thought same thing and actually pinched a few off. Thankfully it was my eyes playing tricks....

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

+1 looks like bananas to me too, saw a few others on your other thread too
20201115 163813

Latest posts

Top Bottom