Nute Burn/Lock-out?

• Thread starter Zeke1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

Zeke1

Anyone have an idea what might be going on with my ladys?

The top/newest leaf growth appears to be yellowing and curling up.

My temps are in the mid-low 70's and I raised my lights a few more inches just in case it is the heat.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Mylady
R

robz

Check the temps at the canopy. It looks like a heat issue. Also be sure to check your Ph with every watering. 6.3-6.8 for soil. Best of luck with the ladies.

Z

Zeke1

Thanks for the reply.

Yes the temps are checked at the canopy level and as mentioned I did raise the lights a few more inches today just in case. The water PH is checked before every watering.

Hopefully the raising of the lights will sort this out.

lazarus718

lazarus718

I don't know what you're feeding or anything man, if I just saw a pic then yeah, I might say it's nute burn. I know you're new to the site, but if you plan on sticking around for a while you need to let us know what you are feeding, how often, your grow medium, your pH, etc., etc.

Z

Zeke1

Sorry, I guess more info would be needed.

They are in FFOF soil and I am using Botincare PBP Bloom, along with Liquid Karma, AN Carbo Load with the occasional Hydroplex all at half strength or less.

They are being watered every two - 3 days as needed and tomorrow morning will be in their 5th week of flower.

Z

Zeke1

Any other ideas with my nutes listed?

Any other info need to make an educated guess?

hiboy

hiboy

That does look alot like light/heat burn. Are you monitoring your ppm? If your following your recomended dosages or less you should be ok there. I always dropped the liquid karma in flower. You could do a nice rinse and try to flush any chemical deposits you may have. I would keep them lights 14"-18" above the highest colas
hiboy

Dgbigkush

Dgbigkush

Looks to me like over or under nuts. Definately not enough water she looks thirsty!

Z

Zeke1

Hmm.. so we might have light/heat burn, over/under nutes and lack of water?

I've raised the lights a few more inches and the past few feedings have just been PHed water (making sure I got some decent run off). I'll watch them over the next few days and hopefully things start looking better than worse.

I have not been monitoring PPMs, so have been mixing at half strength or less and this is the first sign of stress.

Not sure about under watering as they have been feed every two-3 days. Should I been watering everyday during mid-flower?

Thanks for the help!

M

MMJInsiders

She is heat hot. Was a bit N hot, then locked. The interveinal chlorosis suggests Mg deficiency. Flush and give her a bit. Ditch the Hydroplex.

lazarus718

lazarus718

Dude, if it's your first time running those nutes I would get them dialed in before tossing in all the "bud enhancers"...if it's not the light (and you can tell better than I can from one pic over the internet) then something isn't meshing. If you feel it's stressing your plants too much I'd scrap the liquid karma, the carbo load, and the hydroplex for now until you get it sorted out. I've only used GH and AN nutes so no experience with the Botanicare line up. If not, stick with it and finish em off.

M

MMJInsiders

What's the strain? I wouldn't bring it back until your situation rectifies. Maybe 3 weeks from finish. I do not like hydroplex personally but you have it, finish it off.

It is going to be a bit tough to tell when she has improved. Some of what you are seeing is typical come 5 weeks in (assuming she is not a late sativa dom, leaf structure says she is a cross). Flush, let her run til your next feeding, you said about 3 days, that should be fine. Put at least 200% the volume of the container through, I would do 300%. OF runs hot as it is, when you started feeding, was she asking for it?

Z

Zeke1

Thanks for a whole paragraph that said nothing, lazarus718.

"All" the bud enhancers? It's just one.

Obviously you go back to square one if have no idea what is going on, which if you have read is what I have done.

I put up a pic and some details in hopes someone would be able to tell if it was nute burn or lock out. I got a few different answers, so we shall see what happens after a few plain water feedings and time.

Any helpful response still appreciated.

M

MMJInsiders

Lazarus is right and he means well. You are in a hot soil to begin with. Granted, you may have wore it down by now, but I dial in a strain each and every time using bases before the addy's. The LK may actually help at this point, but a blossom booster and a trichome booster are not what she needs right now.

If I am seeing the angle right of the fan behind the plant, cranking it may just add wind burn to your issue. Keep the leaves moving, but not blasting right on her. Think gentle breeze.

Z

Zeke1

No sorry I wasn't planning on adding any more hydroplex until this sorts out. Was just wondering what you thought was better for the future.

The strain is a Purple OG Kush cutting, so not quite sure on the full genetics.

Thanks for the help MMJInsiders!

Z

Zeke1

That fan is on low and gets moved to a different position on the canopy every day.

Not that it will help but here is the full top of the garden.

Again thanks for your help.

M

MMJInsiders

Got ya, and no problem. As far as additives, it really depends on strain and the type of system I am running (all hydro now). I am a fan of Pure Flowers, a highgrocorp product that is Phosphite based (old school guys will know this one). I also use Sweet allot for a sugar, carb, amino type product. MOAB works well too. There are so many and I have a recipe for everything.

In soilless like OF, Molasses at 1TBS per gallon works well with most Kush.

When I use a soilless medium, I use a nute free mix like promix or sunshine mix #4. I have grown with OF, but I like more control than it offers. When I used OF, I started in light warrior, then a blend of OF and LW. I would transplant and add additional OF and rarely would have to use much in the way of base nutes. Molasses, Azo an Endo bacteria and mykos were a staple. Plants were loving life and it is a simple way to grow.

lazarus718

lazarus718

Thanks for a whole paragraph that said nothing, lazarus718.

"All" the bud enhancers? It's just one.

Obviously you go back to square one if have no idea what is going on, which if you have read is what I have done.

I put up a pic and some details in hopes someone would be able to tell if it was nute burn or lock out. I got a few different answers, so we shall see what happens after a few plain water feedings and time.

Any helpful response still appreciated.

Hey bro, you asked for help. I grow in soil and I don't have the problems you are having so maybe my "obvious" help might be exactly what you need. It probably is a blatantly obvious problem when it is all said and done (as most of the issues anyone has are, and we all do have issues that we feel stupid for not picking up on after the fact), but you are throwing a lot of shit into your grow without having any knowledge of how it is affecting it. The stuff I told you to toss out is the stuff you DO NOT NEED. If you can't get your base nutes right, then how are you going to push the grow to the next level bro? Take the advice you are getting from this awesome site from some very intelligent individuals and run with it. You aren't going to get very far in your grow, in your experience with this plant, in your career, or on this site if you toss any freely given help back into the face of someone who is trying to give you a hand. That's my two cents, good luck with your grow, bro.

M

MMJInsiders

Actually, that view tells a different story. Ultimately she looks good. She is hot, and that discoloration is more than likely a little light burn mixed with the fact she is coming to an end. Scratch Mg def. She was/is a little N hot too. Your better off than I thought. You may still want to flush to make sure, but I would be allot less worried.

Nice grow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom