Nute stained or beggining of Root rot?

• Thread starter OdlaFett
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OdlaFett

OdlaFett

What you guys think? I been using the GH tripple. Been using h202 and chlorine since 2nd week. Not a DWC expert always been growin soil so freaking out a bit. Going to order some hydroguard dont want to risk my crop over some bullshee this browning giving me a heartattack .
Nute stained or beggining of root rot

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

@Aqua Man Sorry to bother you again but could you please have a quick look :)

Edit: The other plant looks the same as this, the browning is exactly were the waterlevel is at so Im assuming its the nutes but want to be sure

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Guys, whats up with this forum? Never seen a forum so dead, and with so few active memebers? Not gonna lie I recived a warm welcoming by everyone since I joined but still feels like Im at a party were I invited myself and keep getting weird stares. Going to finish my journal here but later switching to something other forum this place is to silent.

fishbuds

fishbuds

I would lose the thug mentality avatar. Thugs and potheads dont mix.

Took a shot.

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

It just cover art of the best album ever made, dont know what that has to do with anything. Is it only 60 year olds here who think rap music is from the devil etc?

Dont know what took a shot .02 means

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

I see what you mean but that aint gonna happen, not gonna adapt myself to people listening to pink floyd or greatful dead etc that equaly corny imo as me being a white 32 male growing up listening to rap music

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

I would lose the thug mentality avatar. Thugs and potheads dont mix.

Took a shot.

Plus I see people constantly posting easy question here with pics and info and not getting any respons for days. Its basicly same 10 people posting 90% of the time, I cant be the only one who feels this place is more of a private club

SPARECHANGE

SPARECHANGE

I see what you mean but that aint gonna happen, not gonna adapt myself to people listening to pink floyd or greatful dead etc that equaly corny imo as me being a white 32 male growing up listening to rap music
snoop doooooggggggg x rage= bounce

i wrote gen hydro's nor cal chris, about this. i have never had root...knock on wood..., so i cannot speak intelligently,
on that matter, but yes, your lil angel hair, can b stained; typically red, in my case.

I'm not for sure, but i wanna say it was mmed and mrsmimed, who r big rap fans. if u come across diesel/staff member- his music tastes r v.a.s.t. ...might enjoy running into diesel. bring your sense of humor n then kick em in the schnutz, for "intriguing", my lovely g. even more so than me, i think... "diesel this... diesel that... why can't u be like diesel? why can't u have foreskin?" nag nag nag NAG! N A P A L M !!!

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

@SPARECHANGE bro your hilarious! "my lovely g" "lil angel hairbeing stained"...bro...😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Dbear180

Dbear180

It's been like 8 hours, not everyone lives on their computer. Whaaaa whaaaa whaaaa nobody will answer me, complaining about the farm won't get you anywhere. I literally laugh, think to myself "fckin noob" & just press the back button on most threads that start like this. I guarantee you I'm not the only one, just letting you in on the secret.

4plant

4plant

Does your nute program have a humic fulvic or kelp component? There probably just staines from that. your using h202 so you shouldnt have any bad bacteria in there. You got lots of air stones pumping air into the buckets right? Root rot usually starts at the lowest root tips.

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Does your nute program have a humic fulvic or kelp component? There probably just staines from that. your using h202 so you shouldnt have any bad bacteria in there. You got lots of air stones pumping air into the buckets right? Root rot usually starts at the lowest root tips.
I seriously dont know if it the gh tripple has humic or kelp in it. I had some water temp issues its been around 72F so thats why im worried.

4plant

4plant

What color is it? Out of the bottle I mean. If you add anything that’s brown liquid and stains the side of the bottle it will brown up the roots. If you had a bit of temp related rot but corrected it, the h202 will clean them up for you. Pay attention to top growth slowing down or leaves curling downward. Your probly good

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

What color is it? Out of the bottle I mean. If you add anything that’s brown liquid and stains the side of the bottle it will brown up the roots. If you had a bit of temp related rot but corrected it, the h202 will clean them up for you. Pay attention to top growth slowing down or leaves curling downward. Your probly good
Its green, purple and red. All mixed It will be brownish I think. Yeah I feel top growth slowed down a bit and the extreme drooping before night time is back. They bounce back up in the morning but still got me worried

4plant

4plant

If the brown line on your roots is the water level your keeping then lower it an 1/2” or so, they don’t need to be the saturated. It will help get more air into them as well as dry up the film. Don’t be aftraid to touch it, is it slimy or just brown?

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

If the brown line on your roots is the water level your keeping then lower it an 1/2” or so, they don’t need to be the saturated. It will help get more air into them as well as dry up the film. Don’t be aftraid to touch it, is it slimy or just brown?
I agree, just lowerd it by a inch. It dont feel slimy actually.

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

Alright, people stop being so easily offended, I was having panic attack about the roots and noone said anything and thread had 10 looks after 8 hours, if that aint a sloooow forum then IDK. Look my grow journal, only one person commented after 2 months. Yeah call me fkin noob etc but your just a fkin sheep.

TY @4plant for the feedback. I just finished disinfecting my resovoir and nuking everything even the airstones in chlorine. The roots I dunked in h202 couple minutes double the concentration. Now changed water to fresh and new nutes hoping for the best until my hydroguard arrives.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@OdlaFett Sorry bro been dealing with a lot of work and a family health issue that may lead to traveling. I get a shit ton of notifications and its a pain on my phone to try to go through them so alot of times i just miss em. By all means if you or anyone else miss me in a tag shoot me a PM I get much less PM's so its easy to keep up with. Just to give ya an idea by 11pm when i usually get to be till 7am I will get over 4 pages of notification so lately i have been missing alot since i'm also not on for periods of time but just pop in to catch up on the common threads im in. Its not root rot, its likely staining but could also be some bacteria. If its not slimey or smelly its not to worry. Cal/Mg, and some additives will stain.

What are you using in your system in terms of nutrients, additives etc.? It could be a bacterial bloom not all bacteria is bad and lots are beneficial but just need to be cautious either way.

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Also i run my res temps from 70-74F that is on purpose not because its where they sit. right now i am at 73F root rot happens in any temp and there are many kinds of pythium some more well suited to cooler water.

OdlaFett

OdlaFett

@OdlaFett Sorry bro been dealing with a lot of work and a family health issue that may lead to traveling. I get a shit ton of notifications and its a pain on my phone to try to go through them so alot of times i just miss em. By all means if you or anyone else miss me in a tag shoot me a PM I get much less PM's so its easy to keep up with. Just to give ya an idea by 11pm when i usually get to be till 7am I will get over 4 pages of notification so lately i have been missing alot since i'm also not on for periods of time but just pop in to catch up on the common threads im in. Its not root rot, its likely staining but could also be some bacteria. If its not slimey or smelly its not to worry. Cal/Mg, and some additives will stain.

What are you using in your system in terms of nutrients, additives etc.? It could be a bacterial bloom not all bacteria is bad and lots are beneficial but just need to be cautious either way.
I know man, no worries, and sorry for my rant here bro it wassnt aimed towards anyone I just had slight panic plus Im realy stressed out person when Im not smoking, been on a break 2 months now, I do that couple times a year, I become alot sharper n get alot more shit done but oboy do I become a completly diffrent and zero chill person 😅 When I smoke i become complet opposit, concidering everyones feelings, super laid back but also super slow almost kinda retarded , its like schizophrenia man 😅

Thank for the feedback, glad to hear that! I also suspected that but just assumed the worst. I orded some hydroguard, heard you recomend it before so going to try it!
Intresting fact about the diffrent root rot temp didnt know that!

Latest posts

Top Bottom