Nutradip Tri-Meter? anyone using em

• Thread starter Kilo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Kilo

EZ FARMERS :smoke:smoke

Anyone use one of these nutradip tri meters before? if so any probs or issues? or tips on how to keep them in good working order?

I currenlty favour blu lab as ive been with them for donkeys yrs since new zealand, ive got the multi meter and find it to be ok havent had to replace the probes yet.

So pls any detail on this would be much appreciated..i like the point it stays on all the time, showing me all i need to know about my res... the blu lab i have you have to click a few buttons hehe...becoming a lazy fooka lol

sales spill :-

Nutradip Tri-Meter

This is a continuous monitoring system that requires no batteries, just plug in and this meter will stay in a calibrated mode for months. The NutraDip Tri-Meter has automatic temperature compensation and is Three meters in one. This meter measures ph level, nutrient levels in PPM or EC and nutrient temperature. It comes supplied with a 2 year warranty.

Nutradip tri meter with box 1210 detail
S

Stackin Paper

Not used 1 m8 but know a grower that has and has nad no problems with it so far, heard you got a bigger set up than the 1 i suggested off them, should have stopped by and said what up man, only 20mins from the shop and towards your way too.

F

Finalopagus

I got three Nutra meters LOVE the tri
Never had a problem with any probes (hehe)
I clean and calibrate every month
let one sit for 6months once pH was off .5 but after a clean and cal all good

I give em' a :star

K

Kilo

Not used 1 m8 but know a grower that has and has nad no problems with it so far, heard you got a bigger set up than the 1 i suggested off them, should have stopped by and said what up man, only 20mins from the shop and towards your way too.

yeah stacks i got the bigger set up :muscle ...just upgrading ..reveal will be soon...thanks for that stacks..thanks for info on the tri..i think it will be a nice additon to the big res lol

Finalopagus = seems good so far and you got 3 greedy git :D hey does look tidy ..i like the idea one glance ..when ya pop ya head in room ..suits me sir!

any more for anymore TIA

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

I have a real love hat erelationship with this meter, used it for 3 year, only had to replace one of the pens once(my fault) and everything was perfect, until i noticed ph fluctuation in my plants, checked calibration worked fine, dead on, got my buddies oakton meter, it read the water at 6.6 while the tri meter read it at 6.2, both calibrated perfectly, both read the same water at a difference of .4. So its a great product to a degree, but make sure to have something to check against incase that happens. And keep in mind, I'm a guy that has a lot of bad luck with equipment too, so it may just be the old murphys law thing.

K

Kilo

I have a real love hat erelationship with this meter, used it for 3 year, only had to replace one of the pens once(my fault) and everything was perfect, until i noticed ph fluctuation in my plants, checked calibration worked fine, dead on, got my buddies oakton meter, it read the water at 6.6 while the tri meter read it at 6.2, both calibrated perfectly, both read the same water at a difference of .4. So its a great product to a degree, but make sure to have something to check against incase that happens. And keep in mind, I'm a guy that has a lot of bad luck with equipment too, so it may just be the old murphys law thing.

thank buddy ..i got a few lying about i can compare ..nice one :smoke

Big V

Big V

I know this is an old thread but I am having the same trouble with the one I just purchased. I have been useing a Hanna pocket meter and no troubles but when I set my ph with the tri meter it reads at 6.2 and the hanna reads at 5.3 which is what prompted me to read this thread...

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I would say your Hannah is off. I have a trimester thats 10 yrs old and it jives with my blue lab. My Hannah phep, the red one was junk.

S

SSHZ

I owned the same one for over 6 years and never had 1 issue or problem with it. I recently bought a new one to replace the old and it wasn't working right- the ppm was all screwed up and it was sent back for a new one. It worked ok for a few weeks- now the pH is all screwed up with gigantic swings from 3.2 to 13.1. I bought a new probe- it didn't fix the problem. THese have become CHEAP crap now- not like the old days. My next investment will be a high quality meter, around $250 because these are now shitty......... return it while you can and INVEST in a high quality item used in labs or such. By the way, after many years of learning about my well water- I just add my ferts and 1.5 scoops of pH up- and my plants have never been healthier. These tri-meters suck..........

Big V

Big V

The whole reason I suspected the meter to be off was because my plants were yellowing out. I adjusted the ph in my res with my henna this morning and they already look better. I called future harvest development and they are sending me a new ph probe... Evidently this is not an isolated incident. He suggested I continue with the henna reading until I get my new probe.

S

SSHZ

Just for shits and giggles, I emailed the Nutra-Dip parent company directly. Below is the company's response. I recommend anyone having problems to contact them directly for relief...........

Thanks for your email.
Although I am not happy to hear you are having problems with your Trimeter I am happy to hear you are a long time user and please be aware we do not take any concerns with our product lightly, especially with long-time customers like yourself.
I will have to admit that there has been some problems with the Trimeter over the last bit.
First we changed our PH probe manufacture trying to find the consistently best product available. Then with the digital meters coming out strong on the market and the negative effects that the RF frequency had on our meter as well as others.
Future Harvest Development is dedicated to making all our products user friendly and this goes with the Trimeter as well.
The reason your meter is lighter now then the older modules is due to the fact that we have made it so everything disconnects. This was done to better service our customers so they can now replace the ppm probe or the adapter without having to go through the expense of having to replace the whole unit.
We have went through a couple of different PH probe manufactures to find the best product, and believe we have now have the best PH probe on the market.
In regards to the problems associated with the digital ballast and the disturbance they cause with all meters, we now supply all our Trimeters with RF protection that diminishes this problem as long as you are at least five feet away from the ballast.
So as you can see we have tried to keep up with the fast paste technology growth we are seeing in our industry and keep the Trimeter at the top of that technology.
The great thing about the new design of the Trimeter is that everything including the board is easily replaceable. In Saying that I would like to send you a new PH probe and a new board to make sure you have the best of what we offer. Also I will include a pre-paid courier package for you to send the used board and probe back to us.
If this is ok with you please reply with your shipping address and information and I will get this looked after for you.
As I said above we don’t take any concerns lightly with our products and want to make sure that all of our customers have a happy growing experience when using Future Harvest Development products.
As soon as I have this information we will get this out to you as soon as possible.

Big V

Big V

I contacted the manufacturer and they sent me a new probe... Problem solved and I absolutely love my new tri meter...

S

SSHZ

Mainly, they are claiming it's RF interference from ballasts. The new probes have better insulation and help some but doesn't eliminate the problem 100%........... MOve the meter away, and make sure it's not plug into the same plug as a light.

B

bongtime

i have one of these tr meters and it packed in after one 12week grow and it was calibrated every 2 weeks,i contacted the hydro shop where it was bought he didnt want to no..he said sorry pal cant help you, he said buy new
calibrating fluids..which i did even though i bought 3 x 1lt bottles from him already..tri meter still didnt work so he said..new probe you need..which my reply was 80 bucks m8 i dont think so...so far this meter has cost me over 200 pounds so am a bit pissed aff..here is what is wrong with the meter
i can calibrate it to ph7 and ph4..but when i place probe in a nutrient tank it it says ph6.3 take it out tank place it back in ph5.5 and every time i do this
it changes..i have contacted nutradip to see what the say..the funny thing is
the hydro guy said i can recomend tri meter because they never have any probe problems...haha...seen me coming i think...later BONG

S

SSHZ

Plug it in to a different socket than you have the lights plugged in...... that should take care of your problem.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Plug it in to a different socket than you have the lights plugged in...... that should take care of your problem.
I had my nutradip trimeter plugged into a different outlet on a different breaker and still got RF interferance. Contacted company who was nice and sent me a new probe. Same problems with new probe. Contacted company who was less nice the second time. Exchanges are easy, returns/refunds are impossible. Eventually worked out a deal where I returned the nutradip to the store I bought it from for credit and then purchased a blue lab that has given me zero problems. Fuck nutradip in the ass.

BCrocker

BCrocker

I have used these meters for some years without any problems. Good cheap product really.

I now do use a BlueLab and a Hanna

B

bongtime

i contacted the american email address for nutradip and he got back to me the same day and gave a an email for europe contact...am still waiting for a reply..not happy...

Top Bottom