nutrient def at worst time please help or sum else?

• Thread starter Justindls
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Justindls

Can anyone help identify this issue two on the ends not middle came from same clone left is stunted bad brown spots and yellowing now a lil but of leaf curl and burn i gave bone meal and epsom salt for a calmag supplement and they seam to b doing better i have them in a coco peat mix i made with organic ferts and a lil soil . I gave a boost to them of fox farm and i believe it caused a lockout making it this bad any ideas on how to go about this ? Thanks in advance
Nutrient def at worst time please help or sum else

Nutrient def at worst time please help or sum else 2
J

Justindls

Leaves also had a real bad droop which is slowing going away after watering but at first i thout it was overwater but the droop has been consistent and slightly with water

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
They look like they needed calcium and magnesium. The yellowing looks like there could be some lockout. What Fox Farm did you give them?

BB22

BB22

I’m a new grower with less than two years experience.

I dont think it’s lockout. I say just watch the plants. Keep watering correctly and follow whatever feeding schedule you’re going with.

Over mothering is a thing ✌️

J

Justindls

Yeah grow big i also took of most of the super had looking leaves so it looks way better than it really is. Also thanks for the advice and motivation

BB22

BB22

Hey, I just watched that video again.

I think you have bugs. Red dark brown and I think there all over your leaves.

I’m not trying to be a dick or bring bad news ✌️

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
those spots are from not letting the medium dry out enough before watering again,.
you been watering all at the same time and same amount instead of when each one needs it?

LoveGrowingIt

LoveGrowingIt

Supporter
Some of the light green in the new growth reminded me of lockout from overwatering, but I can't see it well enough to be sure.

those spots are from not letting the medium dry out enough before watering again
I keep forgetting that leaf spots from overwatering can resemble Ca deficiency.

J

Justindls

those spots are from not letting the medium dry out enough before watering again,.
you been watering all at the same time and same amount instead of when each one needs m
you been watering all at the same time and same amount instead of when each one needs it?
mostly as needed but i felt like ive mightve been underwater rather than over

J

Justindls

However i did consider that but that eould mean the plants are barely drinking which could be another issue??

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
However i did consider that but that eould mean the plants are barely drinking which could be another issue??
i see your in coco so i’ll disregard what i said and let me look again though a coco grower hopefully chimes in

J

Justindls

Yea its a coco oeat kix with a tad bit soil so maybe the drainage may be a issue causing overwatering and the soil not drinking because ive went atleast 3days and seen leaves droopy . Bu

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

Not sure why some folks like to mix coco and soil. I guess some have success with it, but to me it seems it would complicate things as they're 2 completely different mediums that require different growing techniques, nutes, ect...

Since its mostly coco with peat and a little soil, I guess its coco dominant and should be treated as such. Hopefully a coco grower chimes in and gets you pointed in the right direction đź‘Ť

J

Justindls

Not sure why some folks like to mix coco and soil. I guess some have success with it, but to me it seems it would complicate things as they're 2 completely different mediums that require different growing techniques, nutes, ect...

Since its mostly coco with peat and a little soil, I guess its coco dominant and should be treated as such. Hopefully a coco grower chimes in and gets you pointed in the right direction đź‘Ť
Yeah ima newish grower this is fr my 3rd grow and had a little extra soil i wasnt going to use and just threw it in . I guess a rookie mindset but yeah tryjng to equal out the medium now not to fun .

Asmodeus

Asmodeus

Yeah ima newish grower this is fr my 3rd grow and had a little extra soil i wasnt going to use and just threw it in . I guess a rookie mindset but yeah tryjng to equal out the medium now not to fun .
Lol, you'll get through it and have plenty of helpful people here to offer up advice.

My first (and last) experience with coco was dreadful. Jumped into it without much prior research, treated it like soil and oh boy it was ugly.. Now I grow hydro and soil and got my systems dialed in pretty good. The main thing I've learned is not to over complicate things 🙂

J

Justindls

Yeah im ging ti be adjusting my soil and yeah that coco is something else i want to get into the hydro in the near future so ima start my research on that definitely appreciate the knowledge!!

Z

Zab

My guess is, if you look at most soils on the market peat and or coco are usually listed, so most think it must be good to add, just a thought.

Top Bottom