Nutrient deficiency?? ... please help they are fading fast.

• Thread starter AuntMeanie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
AuntMeanie

AuntMeanie

I took a ton of photos, here is a link to a google photo album that has a bunch of pictures and some videos of the plants in their various stages of death. I think they are all suffering from the same deficiencies just in different stages. https://photos.app.goo.gl/pnYxWeiHyux6XXADA

This is a link to my grow diary for general specs or if your curious to see how someone could mess up their grow so completely. lol https://growdiaries.com/diaries/87550-grow-journal-by-meaniepants I have not updated weeks 8-10 with any info except a photo.

Some background on how I tried to kill my plants... 😭
I started this grow by watching a zillion videos with my key takeaway being

1-don't over water
2- don't transplant autos
3- don't feed full strength.

I took it seriously, so my tiny little sprouts were put into 3 gallon pots of Fox Farm happy frog potting soil. (didn't realize this already had enough nutrients to last several weeks so I started nutrients in the 2nd week of Veg) I use Fox farm nutrients and follow their soil feeding schedule. I bought the Dirty Dozen starter kits and it did not have 2 products in that the feeding schedule but since they were not in the kit I assumed they must not be too important. They were.... Wholly Mackerel N 0.12% K 0.43% & kelp me kelp you N 0.69% P 0.44% I used a turkey baster to slowly drip a couple ounces of water around each plant I water for the first month. I didn't realize by watering like this for a month that I was making the nutrients build up just below the the root line each watering. I waited to water till the plants were very dry. Now looking back Way way to dry before watering. I think that is why they were not growing. I was only giving them enough to stay alive not thrive.

Here is a break down of what I did when....

Day 14 12/9
plain water

Day 23 12/18
1/4 gallon each with week 2 schedule, with the addition of calmag+(2-0-0) @ 50% strength

Day 27 12/22
1/4 gallon each with week 2 schedule, with the addition of calmag+(2-0-0) @ 50% strength

Day 29 12/24 from sprout and day one of flower (I guess)
Pineapple express (PE) 2 1/4 inches tall, very bushy, no white hairs. Gorilla Glue (GG) is just at 3 inches very bushy No white hairs. Chocolope (CH) is 3 inches tall No white hairs.
The Northern Lights X Blueberry Auto (NB) is 6 inches. Lots of white hairs.

Day 30 12/25/20 Week 5,
PE & NB both grew a little over .5" PE also got her first white hairs.
Plain water ½ gallon. I forgot to check the PPM so I checked the runoff and it was 2700ppm
I did nothing to address the high number at this point.

Day 34 12/29
Gorilla Glue is looking really rough. I thought she might have been a boy so she was handled a lot for a few days while I was searching for balls.

Day 35 12/30
since the plants were finally big enough to soak the pots fully. I also decided since they had used 1/2 gallon water in 3 days and they grew a ton I upped the nutrients to full strength and the calmag plus as well. This was the first time I had any runoff. I let the plants sit in the runoff and reabsorbed all the runoff. I didn’t realize the trouble with reabsorbing all those nutrients I flushed out since it was the first time for run off ever.

Day 36 12/31/20
The Northern Light X Blueberry auto is very dark green and has sharp downturned tips.
I decided that it was Nitrogen toxicity caused by underwatering.
I was not tracking when I feed them, just whenever the pots were light. I watered them I later realized that while it may have started with underwatering it was so many other problems at once. I have no idea how dry "dry" is.

Day 37 1/2/21
Flushed each plant with with 5 gallons of tap water that had a PH of 6.4 & water temp was 62 degrees. My run off started at 4300ppm with a ph of 6.2. The PH was consistent in every plants runoff and all of them had off the chart PPMs. I brought NB down to 250ppm. Gorilla Glue and Pineapple express I brought the runoff down to 450. I decided that since my plants were probably in shock from no water and nutrients to more water and a whole lot of nutrients and I figured flushing them would reset the soil and I reasoned they would need food after not getting any from being in shock so I gave them each a half strength nutrients I gave week 1 of flower nutrients from the Foxfarm feeding schedule at 1/2 strength. I did not use Calmag+ since it's nitrogen was 2 and I didn't add the boomerang because that has nitrogen as a 1 and I thought since 1 plant has nitrogen toxicity I should skip the extra 3 nitrogen for now on all the plants.

Day 42 1/6
almost no growth since the flush. NB started off at a little over 9 inches and if I stretch her she is 10 at most.

Day 45 1/9
plain water and runoff for Gorilla Glue was 584ppm with a ph of 6.47 , NB 750ppm and 6.38ph PE had 1170ppm runoff so I ran a less less than an extra half gallon of water and that brought the ppm down to 706. PH was 6.3.Chocolope is starting to show the same signs as the others they are just all in different phases of whatever I did to almost kill them.

Day 46 1/10
PE Length 7', Width 8.5", Dry weight 6lb 4oz, Wet weight 13lb 11oz
GG Length 8", Width 8.5", Dry weight 5lb 14 oz-, Wet weight 11lb
NB Length 11" Width 10.5" Dry weight 6lb 9 oz Wet weight 12lb
I was having trouble with temp and humidity so I changed the light cycle so that my "night time" is in the middle of the day for heating reason, so this morning when I woke up, after being under the lights for 18 hours I actually had growth on two plants. Gorilla Glue and my photo plant Chocolope that is growing with the autos. They were both under the VIPARSPECTRA 2020 Pro Series P1000 LED Grow Light. The other two plants were under BLOOMSPECT Double Chips Series 1500W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum.

DAY 47 1/11/21
Gorilla Glue turned real dark green after watering her on 1/9, she had a small amount of growth Sunday but now all the leaves are laying down. I weighed her and she was 4 pounds lighter than when I watered her on Saturday and still 2+ pounds lighter than when she is the driest so I gave her 1/4 gallon water.

DAY 50 1/14
Plain water

Day 54 1/18
Full strength fox farm nutrients again with cal mag

Day 56 1/20 Water, Fox Farm calmag & Foxfarm kiss foliar spray

Day 60 1/24 Flush with foxfarm sledgehammer then watered w/ Foxfarm Trio Nutrients & Calmag full strength

Day 64 1/28 Foxfarm kiss foliar spray.

Day 66 1/30 1 gallon water each with Foxfarm Trio with Bembee & calmag

Today they all look worse.

18/6 lights correct distance
75-85 Temps
40-60% humidity
Good air flow
Fox farm dirty dozen but couldn''t get that dialed in so just using big 3 and calmag currently. Still dying.

Nutrient deficiency  please help they are fading fast
Nutrient deficiency  please help they are fading fast 2
Nutrient deficiency  please help they are fading fast 3
Nutrient deficiency  please help they are fading fast 4
Nutrient deficiency  please help they are fading fast 5
Nutrient deficiency  please help they are fading fast 6
Nutrient deficiency  please help they are fading fast 7
Nutrient deficiency  please help they are fading fast 8
Nutrient deficiency  please help they are fading fast 9
Nutrient deficiency  please help they are fading fast 10
Nutrient deficiency  please help they are fading fast 11
Nutrient deficiency  please help they are fading fast 12
View attachment zodjgiodx.zip
Nutrient deficiency  please help they are fading fast 13
Nutrient deficiency  please help they are fading fast 14
Nutrient deficiency  please help they are fading fast 15
Nutrient deficiency  please help they are fading fast 16
Nutrient deficiency  please help they are fading fast 17
Nutrient deficiency  please help they are fading fast 18
Nutrient deficiency  please help they are fading fast 19
AuntMeanie

AuntMeanie

I forgot to include the PH is always between 6.2 - 6.5 in the run off and always 6.4 ish going in.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

So I am seeing a few different problems here....first off, damaged leaves won't recover. So you could have fixed it and made it worse without even knowing. Let me really read through what you got going on and we can go from there. They aren't too bad so you can breathe if needed.

SadBadGrower

SadBadGrower

This picture so far stood out from the others without really looking.....have you checked for mites or mold?

AuntMeanie

AuntMeanie

Also....some plants look nitrogen toxic and others look deficient.
Yes all autos .... one was nitrogen toxic Northern Lights Blueberry auto cross. I flushed on 1/2 and again on 1/24. None have looked toxic since 1st flush. The plants leaves have stayed that color and curled down... newer leaves are normal green color just not many new leaves. An inch or 2 growth for height in a month but it has giant buds on it. That plant is the last one to start whatever deficiency is going on.

AuntMeanie

AuntMeanie

This picture so far stood out from the others without really looking.....have you checked for mites or mold?

View attachment 1086506
I looked at in under a 250 pocket magnification and it actually looks like dust. No bugs or anything bug related. That leaf did not make it and no others have shown white speaks like this picture. Some others have looked dirty which I think is from the leaf spray by foxfarm Flower kiss which kind of left a residue on them.

AuntMeanie

AuntMeanie

So I am seeing a few different problems here....first off, damaged leaves won't recover. So you could have fixed it and made it worse without even knowing. Let me really read through what you got going on and we can go from there. They aren't too bad so you can breathe if needed.
Thank you so much. I will stop replying and breathe for a minute and let you read. I have a zillion more pictures. I am sure this is a multi layered problem. It has been going on for over a month and I have not been able to figure it out. I thought they were coming back around and then the last week or 10 down hill every day. I would guess I have lost over 100 maybe 200 leaves in the last week. The brown spots started then they turned yellow and well you can see.

AuntMeanie

AuntMeanie

Do you think they are savable? I have read and watched so many videos and I can not figure it out or know anyone who would know. This is my first grow and I thought since I was a pretty good gardener I wouldn't have so much trouble but every thing I do seems to piss this plants off in a new way and with the amount of leaves that are going each day I think NB and Gorilla Glue only got about 2-3 days before they are bald. I have no idea what is going on with the other 2 so far into flower.

20210131 173652
20210131 175527
AuntMeanie

AuntMeanie

You were right. Mites this whole time. In fact, all of the problems these plants have been having since day 1 have been from mites. (Barring the toxicity issue from feeding foxfarm full strength.) And sadly not just 1 kind of mite, I have all the mites. Long story short my houseplants have mites and they must be hardier than my "good" plants because most of them show no symptoms, The pocket microscope was not working properly so I could not see them. New microscope and now I wish I would not have seen. Nasty fookers.

dbrzz

dbrzz

I took a ton of photos, here is a link to a google photo album that has a bunch of pictures and some videos of the plants in their various stages of death. I think they are all suffering from the same deficiencies just in different stages. https://photos.app.goo.gl/pnYxWeiHyux6XXADA

This is a link to my grow diary for general specs or if your curious to see how someone could mess up their grow so completely. lol https://growdiaries.com/diaries/87550-grow-journal-by-meaniepants I have not updated weeks 8-10 with any info except a photo.

Some background on how I tried to kill my plants... 😭
I started this grow by watching a zillion videos with my key takeaway being

1-don't over water
2- don't transplant autos
3- don't feed full strength.

I took it seriously, so my tiny little sprouts were put into 3 gallon pots of Fox Farm happy frog potting soil. (didn't realize this already had enough nutrients to last several weeks so I started nutrients in the 2nd week of Veg) I use Fox farm nutrients and follow their soil feeding schedule. I bought the Dirty Dozen starter kits and it did not have 2 products in that the feeding schedule but since they were not in the kit I assumed they must not be too important. They were.... Wholly Mackerel N 0.12% K 0.43% & kelp me kelp you N 0.69% P 0.44% I used a turkey baster to slowly drip a couple ounces of water around each plant I water for the first month. I didn't realize by watering like this for a month that I was making the nutrients build up just below the the root line each watering. I waited to water till the plants were very dry. Now looking back Way way to dry before watering. I think that is why they were not growing. I was only giving them enough to stay alive not thrive.

Here is a break down of what I did when....

Day 14 12/9
plain water

Day 23 12/18

Day 27 12/22

Day 29 12/24 from sprout and day one of flower (I guess)
Pineapple express (PE) 2 1/4 inches tall, very bushy, no white hairs. Gorilla Glue (GG) is just at 3 inches very bushy No white hairs. Chocolope (CH) is 3 inches tall No white hairs.
The Northern Lights X Blueberry Auto (NB) is 6 inches. Lots of white hairs.

Day 30 12/25/20 Week 5,
PE & NB both grew a little over .5" PE also got her first white hairs.
Plain water ½ gallon. I forgot to check the PPM so I checked the runoff and it was 2700ppm
I did nothing to address the high number at this point.

Day 34 12/29
Gorilla Glue is looking really rough. I thought she might have been a boy so she was handled a lot for a few days while I was searching for balls.

Day 35 12/30
since the plants were finally big enough to soak the pots fully. I also decided since they had used 1/2 gallon water in 3 days and they grew a ton I upped the nutrients to full strength and the calmag plus as well. This was the first time I had any runoff. I let the plants sit in the runoff and reabsorbed all the runoff. I didn’t realize the trouble with reabsorbing all those nutrients I flushed out since it was the first time for run off ever.

Day 36 12/31/20
The Northern Light X Blueberry auto is very dark green and has sharp downturned tips.
I decided that it was Nitrogen toxicity caused by underwatering.
I was not tracking when I feed them, just whenever the pots were light. I watered them I later realized that while it may have started with underwatering it was so many other problems at once. I have no idea how dry "dry" is.

Day 37 1/2/21
Flushed each plant with with 5 gallons of tap water that had a PH of 6.4 & water temp was 62 degrees. My run off started at 4300ppm with a ph of 6.2. The PH was consistent in every plants runoff and all of them had off the chart PPMs. I brought NB down to 250ppm. Gorilla Glue and Pineapple express I brought the runoff down to 450. I decided that since my plants were probably in shock from no water and nutrients to more water and a whole lot of nutrients and I figured flushing them would reset the soil and I reasoned they would need food after not getting any from being in shock so I gave them each a half strength nutrients I gave week 1 of flower nutrients from the Foxfarm feeding schedule at 1/2 strength. I did not use Calmag+ since it's nitrogen was 2 and I didn't add the boomerang because that has nitrogen as a 1 and I thought since 1 plant has nitrogen toxicity I should skip the extra 3 nitrogen for now on all the plants.

Day 42 1/6
almost no growth since the flush. NB started off at a little over 9 inches and if I stretch her she is 10 at most.

Day 45 1/9
plain water and runoff for Gorilla Glue was 584ppm with a ph of 6.47 , NB 750ppm and 6.38ph PE had 1170ppm runoff so I ran a less less than an extra half gallon of water and that brought the ppm down to 706. PH was 6.3.Chocolope is starting to show the same signs as the others they are just all in different phases of whatever I did to almost kill them.

Day 46 1/10
PE Length 7', Width 8.5", Dry weight 6lb 4oz, Wet weight 13lb 11oz
GG Length 8", Width 8.5", Dry weight 5lb 14 oz-, Wet weight 11lb
NB Length 11" Width 10.5" Dry weight 6lb 9 oz Wet weight 12lb
I was having trouble with temp and humidity so I changed the light cycle so that my "night time" is in the middle of the day for heating reason, so this morning when I woke up, after being under the lights for 18 hours I actually had growth on two plants. Gorilla Glue and my photo plant Chocolope that is growing with the autos. They were both under the VIPARSPECTRA 2020 Pro Series P1000 LED Grow Light. The other two plants were under BLOOMSPECT Double Chips Series 1500W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum.

DAY 47 1/11/21
Gorilla Glue turned real dark green after watering her on 1/9, she had a small amount of growth Sunday but now all the leaves are laying down. I weighed her and she was 4 pounds lighter than when I watered her on Saturday and still 2+ pounds lighter than when she is the driest so I gave her 1/4 gallon water.

DAY 50 1/14
Plain water

Day 54 1/18
Full strength fox farm nutrients again with cal mag

Day 56 1/20 Water, Fox Farm calmag & Foxfarm kiss foliar spray

Day 60 1/24 Flush with foxfarm sledgehammer then watered w/ Foxfarm Trio Nutrients & Calmag full strength

Day 64 1/28 Foxfarm kiss foliar spray.

Day 66 1/30 1 gallon water each with Foxfarm Trio with Bembee & calmag

Today they all look worse.

18/6 lights correct distance
75-85 Temps
40-60% humidity
Good air flow
Fox farm dirty dozen but couldn''t get that dialed in so just using big 3 and calmag currently. Still dying.
These pics represent a N deficiency. Notice all the older leaves are yellowing not the new growth. A lockout has occured, based on your data of high ppm.
You have multiple strains going and what 1 plant likes another plant gets stressed. Its very difficult to diagnose symptoms of all your strains, when you are using a one size fits all correction.

Krispy420

Krispy420

These pics represent a N deficiency. Notice all the older leaves are yellowing not the new growth. A lockout has occured, based on your data of high ppm.
You have multiple strains going and what 1 plant likes another plant gets stressed. Its very difficult to diagnose symptoms of all your strains, when you are using a one size fits all correction.
Did you even read the thread? it's 7 months old and the issue was solved...

Choppr

Choppr

if your growing Auto's I would suggest learning to grow in Coco/Hydro(would suggest for Photo's too). Always feed 50% less than full strength with young/vegging autos, and increase mildly every 2 weeks. late Veg you can be almost full strength if Plants have good Vigor. (a little tip burn than back down to previous mix) With Coco if You have sick plants You flush 3 gallons, mix up a "Corrective Nutrient Solution" and Plants are Fixed literally over-night, theres no wondering whats causing this and chasing your tail and playing mad scientist with the nutrient bottles just flush it all out and pour in the fix.. I grew in Soil for 20 years, tried Coco and never turned back. Plants Grow way faster in Coco. Start researching for your next grow - good luck M8

Clyde4210

Clyde4210

I looked at in under a 250 pocket magnification and it actually looks like dust. No bugs or anything bug related. That leaf did not make it and no others have shown white speaks like this picture. Some others have looked dirty which I think is from the leaf spray by foxfarm Flower kiss which kind of left a residue on them.
Some white specs could be nute tox. White specs like that could be phosphorus tox. Some brown is potassium deficiency and some is calcium or magnesium deficiency.

Green yellowish leaves with brown edges = Potassium deficiency.

Copper or brownish spots on leaves would be calcium or magnesium deficiency. Calmag should fix that.

The white spots if not bugs dust or what have you would be phosphorus toxicity.

Last edited:
Top Bottom