nutrients for hydro? help!!

• Thread starter husky1808
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
H

husky1808

alright guys ive just got some kit to do my first grow.... hydroponic drip system with clay pebbles. i was unaware of what nutrients to use so bought some coco a & b off the net but the instructions are in dutch or something :/
basically i want to know if you use these with hydro or is it only for other mediums such as soil? if you can use them what are the measurements of each and at what stage do you use them? all advice would be greatly appreciated!!

B

BavarianFarmer

Just get some general hydroponics 3 part. Super simple for the drip system. I dont know about the coco a/b. Look for their website and it would probably say the feeding schedule somewhere.

S

SYROUS

coco maybe its for coco grows ,thats probably it,shouldnt order shit like that check for a website in english

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

there is nutrient schedules all over the place on this site. just try searching the farm or most of the nutrient companies put their schedules online somewhere............
personally i spent hours wearing out my welcome at the hydro store picking everybody's mind. if youve got one close by drop by there

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Ya try googling lucas formula super easy a good starter program.

H

husky1808

thanks guys just going to bin the coco then, i should have done a little research instead of buying the first nute that i saw!

S

strictlyOG

coco is the best medium of choice. id go with Advanced Nutrients. if you want a perfect grow then select hobbyist level. and if you want Astonishing results then select the Grand Master Grower Level which is currently what i am running and trust me bro there is no other comparison to this. and the + is it also gives you most GPW and its proven.also is a bit pricey but 100% payback in everyway possible. and their site also has a nutrient calculator put in the size of your res. and let them calculate the rest.
this is their nutrient calculator>

and here's a link to their products if you choose to go with their amazing line

S

snkrhd23

Advanced nute are a rip off, they make a million different products that could be combined into 2 or 3. IMO go with something simple (GH 3-part) that wont call for you to add 10 additives each fill and wont cost so much.

H

husky1808

So ive now got Canna aqua (vega and flores) cannazym, pk 13/14 and cannaboost, hopefully this should do the trick until im more experienced and knowledgable! the medium ive got is clay pebbles, but ive been told rockwool is better. maybe i should use a mixture of both? what do you think? i could ditch the pebbles and replace with whatever is best as im not starting it for a few days and want to make sure everything is right before i start! and just to let u know the unit im running is an aquafarm with a 600w sodium light

S

Sensibowl

Advanced nute are a rip off, they make a million different products that could be combined into 2 or 3. IMO go with something simple (GH 3-part) that wont call for you to add 10 additives each fill and wont cost so much.

Blah blah.

How many times do growers need to be reminded that you don't HAVE to do anything that a nutrient company does? Get a brain.

You don't have to use everything that Advanced Nutrients makes. Not even close. I've run something simple like:

Sensi A&B Grow
Sensi A&B Bloom
Bud Candy

Though now I'm doing something different:

Sensi A&B grow
Sensi A&B Bloom
Big Bud
Bud Candy
B-52
Overdrive

Now, my math isn't great, but when I add that up, that's still not 10 additives, no matter how I count it.

Stop with the exaggeration. If you have something helpful to say, do say it, but when you're just being a *@#$, you're not helping anyone.

This guy wants to know what nutes to use. So, go ahead and suggest the ones you like.

I use AN because while it's more money, I get more in return - so that makes sense to me. You pay for higher quality nutes, in my opinion. And if you want a good grow, you need to spend money.

I just use a little less than the bottles say and I end up saving money that way too.

Let's keep the forums helpful, everyone. No need to call names. Especially when it's not warranted.

H

Hylife

So ive now got Canna aqua (vega and flores) cannazym, pk 13/14 and cannaboost, hopefully this should do the trick until im more experienced and knowledgable! the medium ive got is clay pebbles, but ive been told rockwool is better. maybe i should use a mixture of both? what do you think? i could ditch the pebbles and replace with whatever is best as im not starting it for a few days and want to make sure everything is right before i start! and just to let u know the unit im running is an aquafarm with a 600w sodium light

Look Rockwool SUCKS. dont use it. stick with your drip on that canna aqua, shits quality.

S

strictlyOG

ohh thats kinda funny.. i used gh aswell its okay. but come on you have to be serious here for a second. gh really sucks its too thick and usally sits on the bottom of the res. and Advanced Nutrients is really the best company if your growing. everything is in your control you know whats going in and trust me when i say this its simply amazing. the only complaint i keep hearing is the cost of AN.. damn bro. the sad part is. i get all my stuff at wholesale. straight 50% off of retail. so my Advanced Nutrients really actually cost less than your GH! LOL! good luck

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I have no bias only fact based on experience. srictly og u dont no shit if u think gh is thick. unless your talking bout the nova series. And anybody thats says rockwool sucks is an idiot. I dont use rockwool any more but it works just like any other media. My plants died rockwool sucks. My crop sucked must be the nutes. you kids crack me up. To the op.Any line of nutes and any media can be succesful. Ive had great success with many. Dynagro. bc line,gh flora,gh flora lucasd,gh flora nova,dutchmaster gold,canna aqua,canna substra,canna coco. I can give u advice based on personal exp they all work.

S

snkrhd23

OK OK guys, my bad lets not get into some huge arguments over opinionated shit lol. I personally have only ran advanced once and they were left overs from an older guy that stop using bc of the cost, I only ran sensi grow and bloom anyways. worked jus like any other nutes like mmedgrow said. so sorry for downing ur line without even trying every product....

Canna coco works great tho.

ps maybe if i knew where to get AN 50% off I would run a few times.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

I am sure AN works I just havnt made it to them yet. I know people that do with great success. I also know someone doin well with the h&g line. Next in line for me is biocanna. I just dont like it when people say things like rockwool sucks or soil sucks or coco sucks. Same with nute lines. Just makes me think u must suck as a gardner.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

dont think this guy was really looking for info on rockwool and really wasnt looking to switch
assuming your talking about house and graden coco it great for beginners because it has alot of small stuff added already(no need for cal mag or liquid karma)
if your just beginning dont blow your money on advanced nutes but they are the stuff you wana work up to
you running ro? h+g is designed to run wit ro

N

naturehd

i prefer botanicare pro grow and pro bloom in my res. might throw some sweet in there as well if i remember to at the time. super simple and so far forgiving wich is a must for beginners. plus when i do a res change i just use the old res mix to feed the soil garden. two birds one stone sorta speak. nothin is cheap if it aint free so cost is irrelavent. i tried 3part gh and wasnt happy with the salts buildup. i also prefer using hydroton pellets since i can use it over and over again(i've used the same bag of pellets for years now, just soak them in h2o2 after a grow adn throw it back in the container). all them supplements are ok but not really a must. only my opinion so take it as a grain of salt.

S

strictlyOG

I have no bias only fact based on experience. srictly og u dont no shit if u think gh is thick. unless your talking bout the nova series.

i was speaking of the nova series. and yes i have tried the flora series aswell. the only thing that i still use from the GH line is Diamond Nectar because Grandma Enggy's F1 is banned here in Cali. so the only other company that carries this is GH's Diamond Nectar. its a humic acid but is a fulvic acid extract. everything else is Advanced Nutrients. i dont want to be cocky or nothing but im sure your bud is nowhere near to comparison with mines. all my bud makes it to the dispensaries where all the patients can get their taste aswell. till this day i have not seen finer and frostier OG around period. even went to all the dispensaries in So-Cal and theirs was mostly commercial. still no comparison when it was compared to my bud.

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Sorry strictly og I didnt realize u were the best grower in cali.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Well, strictly OG you seem to be a self proclaimed expert....your pics will speak louder than your words.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom