Nw Coffee Strain Info?

• Thread starter Oregonak
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Oregonak

Oregonak

Good evening. I have been searching for info on a strain ive had for a few years called nw coffee or pnw coffee. There is practically no info for this strain.

I have seen some info that states it is a cinex cross of some sort. I can see it in structure and vigour. Both cinex and the coffee are canopy building tanks in the grow room. But they are opposites in the flavor and smell dept.

The coffee goes to about 9 weeks indoor. Outside she goes into october, not as fast as the cinex but has a much stronger resisitance to mold.

Would be happy to hear anyones thoughts. Thanks

Oregonak

Oregonak

What, no pics?

She's a bit sleepy and the camera on this phone isn't the best. Ill try to get better pics up when shes fresh out of bed and looking good.

I just got her back and have only grown her to maturity a couple times. The few bud shots i have of her are buried in an old hard drive. There will be new pics when she goes into bloom in a couple weeks.

20161112 193714
20161112 193858
FarmeR.Jay

FarmeR.Jay

Does it actually smell like coffee ? One of my buddies would always say real dank weed would smell like coffee beans to him

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

That looks a lot like a cut I ran last year that my clone guy called "cinex x nw coffee" he said it was "locally bred"

Ime it was definitely a canopy builder as you said. Not a whole lot of resin in the finished product. Top it too many times and it goes nuts (all sorts of crazy lateral branching).

Also, VERY suceptible to broad mites. When I was going back and forth with them they always showed on this strain first and beat the ever loving shit out of it.

Oregonak

Oregonak

Does it actually smell like coffee ? One of my buddies would always say real dank weed would smell like coffee beans to him

Some people smell and taste something similar to coffee. For me its a softer smelling variety. Still good but doesn't really grab you by the nose hairs.

Cannaman in Washington calls it cannaman coffee. Theres a lot of reviews and other marketing related info but not much on lineage. There was a mention of it being cinex x bubba kush. I cant say it is, or isnt. I just recieved my first bubba and dont have enough exp with her to make guesses. I have read and heard of bubba smelling of coffee so it could be.

Last night i chopped some coffees up for cuts and am using the moms for a seed run. They start tomorrow so there will be flower pics soon to come.

Oh yeah, dont forget that tonight is a supermoon. Likely the last one in my lifetime. Im planting seeds again tonight because of it. I dont really have space for them but i think it'll be cool to have supermoon planted girls popping up.

Love

Oregonak

Oregonak

That looks a lot like a cut I ran last year that my clone guy called "cinex x nw coffee" he said it was "locally bred"

Ime it was definitely a canopy builder as you said. Not a whole lot of resin in the finished product. Top it too many times and it goes nuts (all sorts of crazy lateral branching).

Also, VERY suceptible to broad mites. When I was going back and forth with them they always showed on this strain first and beat the ever loving shit out of it.

Thanks for your input.
From what you describe it seems likely it is the same plant. I'm hoping we can find out exactly what it is.

I also was told locally made, hoping the person who made it will chime in. Shot of particles in the dark. Or maybe its waves in the dark:)

I am sorry to hear she is a russet magnet. Maybe a good candidate for an indicator plant.
She is beautiful. I love her structure, elegant is a word i would use to describe her. I would like to see how she responds as a small plant. Did you grow her as trees or littles?

Love

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Thanks for your input.
From what you describe it seems likely it is the same plant. I'm hoping we can find out exactly what it is.

I also was told locally made, hoping the person who made it will chime in. Shot of particles in the dark. Or maybe its waves in the dark:)

I am sorry to hear she is a russet magnet. Maybe a good candidate for an indicator plant.
She is beautiful. I love her structure, elegant is a word i would use to describe her. I would like to see how she responds as a small plant. Did you grow her as trees or littles?

Love

I was growing modest trees (3-4' high) indoors. I bet growing littles would keep her in check, and would be interested in seeing her structure at that size if you go that route.

Also, broads and russets are two different bastards. Not to be nitpicky but if you ever have the misfortune of experiencing them I figured you may want to know.:)

Oregonak

Oregonak

I was growing modest trees (3-4' high) indoors. I bet growing littles would keep her in check, and would be interested in seeing her structure at that size if you go that route.

Also, broads and russets are two different bastards. Not to be nitpicky but if you ever have the misfortune of experiencing them I figured you may want to know.:)

There will be pics of littles in the near future. And i did accidentally mix those up. I dont have much first hand experience with them but am aware that they require different approaches for control. Not being nitpicky. All input is welcome. I better get to planting seeds.

Love

Top Bottom