NYCD vs ECSD??

• Thread starter JH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JH420

JH420

How does the readily available NYCD compare to the elusive ECSD in terms of taste, high, and potency?? They share similar genetics from what I can tell and both seem to grow somewhat foxtailed buds so there should be similarities...but I think I read somewhere that the NYCD is nothing like the ECSD so some more opinions are appreciated.

M

Malachi

the ECSD is way better tastind and stronger IMO the NYCD is the ECSD cut with Afghani. Its good smoke, but to some the ECSD is what they hold a match to judge all other strains with.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
I know folks swear their is ECSD in the NYCD but i dont see it or taste it. As far as i am concerned only similarity is their name.

NYCD is good amsterdam bud.
ECSD is the "Deisel" or Sour Deisel that you always hear about. ECSD is better in all categories in my opinion.

Although to be honest i have never grown NYCD and it may be easier plant to grow.

JB

C

CAPO

Alot of the ECSD will herm real bad...but if you can find a cut that will not...run that ish cause it is def that 1 hit quit type of smoke and takes about 11-12 wks. The NYCD is a great producer and big plant, she usually takes about 80 days also. The NYCD def is not as strong and not as yummy. I would equate NYCD to Sour Sage in potency and looks.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
I had some well grown NYCD in Amsterdam. It was very tasty. The smell would take over any haze in the room. A strong grapefruit smell that bordered cat urine funk! Left a smell in the air for the longest time. I never felt satisfied though so I had to always pack another strain right after to actually get high. She was tasty with a clear mild high. I did not buy seeds or anymore of the buds because I felt it lacked potency. Bummed the F out I was. It was the reason I planned the trip in the first place. My poor wife had to hear me...uh

Never had ECSD. I hear it's amazing but cannot confirm....yet.

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

what be the most insane ECSD cross?? i got one to make some Nards

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

The ECSD is a beast! Surprisingly a good yielder with the best skunk funk taste around, the NYCD is awesome, but definitely lacks in potency compared to the ECSD, although some NYCD is such good flavor, so grapefruity.

M

Malachi

i just got some sour turbo from motarebel, its Double Sour Diesel x ECSD , I will let everyone knows how it is when I unleash the beast

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
this has been a topic of the past soo with the recent convo heres my 2 cents

no comparison

old quote
sours is disgustingly delicious.lime skittles sour candy fuel taste that lingers like a bad cold.far as potency sours is a knockout rip stone.while nycd is happy uplifting euphoric bud.taste is exotic grapefruit .very nice bud .but i like the most potent shit and prefer a darker taste.so i dont think they should be mention in the same sentence.its all according to ur cup of tea but i drink espresso.

1luvbigherb

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
your welcome anytime

too keep thing clear my review of sour d has NOTHIN to do with REZDOG.clone only thats held by many in nyc is wat i refer too

1luvbigherb

M

MASSES 420KING

I had some well grown NYCD in Amsterdam. It was very tasty. The smell would take over any haze in the room. A strong grapefruit smell that bordered cat urine funk! Left a smell in the air for the longest time. I never felt satisfied though so I had to always pack another strain right after to actually get high. She was tasty with a clear mild high. I did not buy seeds or anymore of the buds because I felt it lacked potency. Bummed the F out I was. It was the reason I planned the trip in the first place. My poor wife had to hear me...uh

Never had ECSD. I hear it's amazing but cannot confirm....yet.
oh the real sour d fred youll know when you smoke it the amsterdam stuff is the soma cut rite if so its a strait up watered down version of what WEASEL created east coast SOUR D all the way

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Yup. You guessed it MASSES. I'd say it was Soma's cut. I bet I would know it if I had though....I can imagine it.......kinda.

I have been looking for ecsd for five years now. I didn't know it was so impossible to get until recently.

bigherb. Thanks for the info and for the record I also drink espresso...lol

Aussie. For the record I'm a notorious light feeder...lmao

Funny story. I told my wife I was never going to grow a SD cross. Only the cut. I said I'd dig to china using only a spoon. Carve a canoe out of a tree I chopped down and paddle to amsterdam using only my hands. Walk across the sahara with a camel on my back. I went on and on.

Humm...read my post and I make it way funnier in person. She's tired of hearing about it but was still :rofl

Thanks for starting this one JH420.

fred

Cannastyle

Cannastyle

Just had some NYCD Diesel actually. The NYCD has nothing on the ECSD. The ECSD will make you sneeze its so fuely. The NYCD had some diesel tones to it, but nothing that lingered and stuck with you like the ECSD.

R

Rob1

the ECSD and NYC diesel should not even be spoken in the same sentance. the ECSD is the top shit and i just can not wait to my new gift is in flower.:boogie::boogie: Thanks to my boy that shall remain nameless... your the fucking man bro:cool0041:

G

greenkeeper

just can confirm what most of u posted already :emo
ecsd is unique in the taste kinda like fuel or like i descripe it industrial hard to imagine if u never smoked it
the nysd is much less in flavor and in my opinion not even half as strong as the ecsd
i have real good friends who smoke lots daily for years.
they quiet right on the spot when they didnt get any and said if it aint ecsd i aint gonna smoke it.
like said before cant be compared at all

oh i almost forgot ecsd grows very large with big topcolas
powerful plant
have a nice one

Top Bottom