Obama Administration/Medical Marijuana=Federal Prison

• Thread starter SoCal 420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SoCal 420

SoCal 420

Montana cultivator Chris Williams and Los Angeles-area dispensary operator Aaron Sandusky -- face five and ten years to life, respectively.

Americans safeaccess logo

More related info...

jansjukebox

jansjukebox

It's so stupid. That's why I plead to everyone to help your local organazitions to legalize it! If you don't have a NORML in your area, start your own chapter!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
The fed govt is having a hard time admitting they have been lying to everyone about cannabis...so many years they have played this game. It's all they know, they are frightened as if things would really change. People have access to cannabis, now let's stop imprisoning them. A democracy that allows the few to control the population just don't make sense....

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

This may be A "Surprise" to many people here but...

Worth Repeating: Gov't Has Patent For Cannabinoids Since 2003...

The United States federal government holds a "medical patent" for all cannabinoids -- a patent which it has held since 2003.
copy of U.S. patent filed Here ->->->->
(If PDF file doesn't open for you it's on the "Source Page" below)

Source Reference
http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2011/0/worth_repeating_govt_holds_patent_for_cannabinoids.php

Another thing you may like to look at...

Worth Repeating: Big Pharma Takeover Of Med Marijuana In 2013
It has already started... This is what a dying war on marijuana looks like....
Source Reference
http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2012/07/worth_repeating_big_pharma_takeover_of_med_marijua.php
Skulls ssh T Shirts

squiggly

squiggly

This is a society level problem--not something that can be entirely blamed on Obama. It's been going on for surprisingly close to 100 years.

I'm not saying the guy couldn't do better or do more, but you're perpetuating a witch hunt and it won't solve anything.

This will be changed the way it was in Colorado--starting locally and then spreading further and further in a grassroots campaign. Forcing politicians to take note.

The president is the wrong place to start.

He's the first black president--he's figuring out how to be that just the same as we're all watching (some of us more closely than others) to see what he does.

If we don't see any positive action from him on MJ policy other than not targeting individuals who are using--I agree it's a missed opportunity for him. However, I would have to believe it might have something to do with wanting to avoid his legacy as first black president being him with blunts photoshopped into his mouth and going down in history as the pot president.

It'd be even worse if he tried to change it and failed--which he VERY LIKELY would with this congress.

In times like these he needs to focus on what he can get through the house--which is almost nothing. If he's got a chance to get some legislation passed he needs to take it and focus his efforts there.

This is a dead on arrival issue in the house right now. All it would do is make him look like shit frankly.

What we need to change is that mentality that is in this country. Not one guy who hasn't a chance in hell of changing it by himself.

I'm still holding out hope--but I stopped holding my breath a long time ago.

I reckon that if you and everyone else is going to continue to make this a presidential issue, none of you should hold your breath for a change either.

Political culture--not the president--needs to change to accommodate your demands.

squiggly

squiggly

I can see something like this happening,like baba said they are looking for a way to save face and take our weed away at the same time,basically screw us for having the audacity to go against them.

I can get on board with that line of reasoning.

Natural

Natural

nice post Squiggly..only I didn't read a post in this thread even mentioning POTUS..only Fed GOV and Big Pharma. I read it as a State vs Federal issue for the most part, for folks involved in MMJ. Sadly the people who risk it all to frontline MMJ under their State Law, only to fall victim to the Feds are true victims.
As for POTUS..he undoubtedly has a position in NATO and under the The Single Convention treaty of 1961 Cannabis is outlawed..I view this as his motivation to not resolve the Legalisation issue..not because he wants to avoid "photoshopped blunts", especially when he likes to sit down and resolve issues of prejudice on all the network news stations over a freakin' Budwieser.

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

This is a society level problem--not something that can be entirely blamed on Obama. It's been going on for surprisingly close to 100 years.

I'm not saying the guy couldn't do better or do more, but you're perpetuating a witch hunt and it won't solve anything.

This will be changed the way it was in Colorado--starting locally and then spreading further and further in a grassroots campaign. Forcing politicians to take note.

The president is the wrong place to start.

He's the first black president--he's figuring out how to be that just the same as we're all watching (some of us more closely than others) to see what he does.

If we don't see any positive action from him on MJ policy other than not targeting individuals who are using--I agree it's a missed opportunity for him. However, I would have to believe it might have something to do with wanting to avoid his legacy as first black president being him with blunts photoshopped into his mouth and going down in history as the pot president.

It'd be even worse if he tried to change it and failed--which he VERY LIKELY would with this congress.

In times like these he needs to focus on what he can get through the house--which is almost nothing. If he's got a chance to get some legislation passed he needs to take it and focus his efforts there.

This is a dead on arrival issue in the house right now. All it would do is make him look like shit frankly.

What we need to change is that mentality that is in this country. Not one guy who hasn't a chance in hell of changing it by himself.

I'm still holding out hope--but I stopped holding my breath a long time ago.

I reckon that if you and everyone else is going to continue to make this a presidential issue, none of you should hold your breath for a change either.

Political culture--not the president--needs to change to accommodate your demands.
No comment on "The United States federal government holds a "medical patent" for all cannabinoids -- a patent which it has held since 2003" or "Big Pharma Takeover of Med. Marijuana in 2013?" Did you happen to look @ the patent itself? (Very Detailed, They Own the Active Ingredients in "All" marijuana) Do you have an opinion on "Where" this might leave the average Citizen / Med Card Holder in "The Big Picture" if the government owns the "Patent" for the active ingredient in marijuana and moves to Classify it as A Med. that "It" and "Big Pharma" (Pfizer? The Worlds Largest) Own... All the "Chemical Info" is in the patent and I would have thought this to be A place for you to "Shine"... Like "Natural" mentioned... Not about "POTUS' more of A "Big Brother" thing...

squiggly

squiggly

I've read the patent several times and didn't reply to it specifically because I didn't see anything wrong with what was said about it.

I have been very vocal on these boards and elsewhere about my severe disdain for big pharma. You are preaching to the choir.

Just because I don't believe everyone is out to get me doesn't mean that I think the federal government, or big pharma especially, are some angelic organizations.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Budweiser?oy vey,bring me a water and lets go burn a fatty in the rose garden,bring that boehner fuck too and we'll figure out this budget fuck up you got us into...

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

I've read the patent several times and didn't reply to it specifically because I didn't see anything wrong with what was said about it.

I have been very vocal on these boards and elsewhere about my severe disdain for big pharma. You are preaching to the choir.

Just because I don't believe everyone is out to get me doesn't mean that I think the federal government, or big pharma especially, are some angelic organizations.
Well, O.K. Then...

Skulls ssh T Shirts

(I thought the "Federal Government" Owning the Patent Might throw A red flag)

squiggly

squiggly

nice post Squiggly..only I didn't read a post in this thread even mentioning POTUS..only Fed GOV and Big Pharma.

Read the thread title.

It's unhelpful to link Obama to this--or even the executive branch for that matter.

The laws are the problem and congress is the barrier.

All pointing the finger at Obama/executive branch does is keep us from doing the types of things that will actually help us change the situation.

I'm definitely not saying don't hold his administration accountable for things--I'm just saying that this is a 100 year problem and it doesn't help to avoid or cloud that truth.

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

Skulls ssh T Shirts

That would happen to be the "Header" in the message that was released by...
"Americans for Safe Access" where people that use the "Link" provided would arrive at... I am not "Americans for Safe Access" you would have to take that up with them...

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 4, 2013
1:05 PM
ASA Media Spokesperson Kris Hermes 510-681-6361
Obama Administration Throwing Medical Marijuana Patients Into Federal Prison at Unprecedented Rate

squiggly

squiggly

So now you're going to play the idiot and pretend you don't have it out for Obama?

Come the fuck on dude. Let's talk like adults, or why say shit at all?

Being coy gets old after age 6.

If we're going to start being sarcastic I imagine the result will look much worse for you. You're like a treasure trove of possible sarcastic remarks.

Boogi3Man

Boogi3Man

Squiggly, you nailed it. I suppose it goes without saying that the absurdity and unethicality of the federal government or corporation to hold patents on one or more ingredients specific to cannabis. It would be assumed that any substance or chemical that is deemed a schedule 1 drug with zero benefits or legally allowed testing should be off limits to any one person or group . If in fact the government and/or big pharma owns the patent it is certainly evidence that within the foreseeable future it will in fact be "legalized". The cluster fuck of it is that with one or more of the components of cannabis owned, any person or entity who attempts to independently grow, cultivate or produce the product will be sued into nonexistence . In order for a patent to be upheld the patent holder must have a strong and documented history of legally upholding their patent. Without a legal paper trail evidencing that fact, they lose their rights to the patent in court. With the seemingly endless financial resources to do so, no one will stand q chance. The variety and independence of growers will disappear and the product will be solely produced by one entity. A dangerous thought indeed. Especially will the unethical history of pharmaceutical companies and their desire to treat, not cure, illness and disease.

Natural

Natural

Held accountable yes...THE lawmaker of the US...no! POTUS' first responsibility is the execution of federal law..can he change the law on his own..no....BUT he did promise innocent Americans that MMJ would be low priority and the raids would stop. Only then to bring down the axe as if his words meant nothing. No one else in the world is responsible for executing FED US law..no one. Sorry Sqiggley..not a POTUS hater..but the facts remain.
I for one believe a man's honor is tied directly to his words and if those words end up as untruth's, honor is not bestowed and his name is tarnished. It would have been much more simple if POTUS had protected his honor with the simple truth of his words..words to reflect his true or updated policy of FED prosecution. Rather his words hung and innocent lives are thrashed beneath the sickle of false promise. This is not honorable.

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

So now you're going to play the idiot and pretend you don't have it out for Obama?

Come the fuck on dude. Let's talk like adults, or why say shit at all?

Being coy gets old after age 6.

If we're going to start being sarcastic I imagine the result will look much worse for you. You're like a treasure trove of possible sarcastic remarks.
Skulls ssh T Shirts

Danger / Delete...

Latest posts

Top Bottom