Obama: Marijuana No More Dangerous Than Alcohol

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vaporedout

vaporedout

obama will probably flip flop again on this one ;) Im curious about colorado though, since marijuana has been legalized how are the DUI's and other alcohol related accidents numbers? im sure theyve gone down

ftwendy

ftwendy

Guys.... this article is not anti-mj. Saying pot is as harmless as alcohol is as close to a pro-ganja statement as you will hear from the president. It is a step towards reclassification, no doubt.

Read it again: he's calling the lawmakers who want to jail smokers hypocrites. :)

Thanks for posting Ken!

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I didn't read the article, I just interpreted the title as saying cannabis and alcohol are EQUAL in their dangers not Cannabis is less dangerous...lol

ftwendy

ftwendy

When asked if he believes marijuana is less harmful than alcohol, Obama said it is less damaging "in terms of its impact on the individual consumer."

In the New Yorker interview, Obama said he believes these new laws are "important."

“It's important for it to go forward because it’s important for society not to have a situation in which a large portion of people have at one time or another broken the law and only a select few get punished,"

This is HUGE!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
When asked if he believes marijuana is less harmful than alcohol, Obama said it is less damaging "in terms of its impact on the individual consumer."

In the New Yorker interview, Obama said he believes these new laws are "important."

“It's important for it to go forward because it’s important for society not to have a situation in which a large portion of people have at one time or another broken the law and only a select few get punished,"

This is HUGE!
I agree! It is Huge! :woot:

he also said,
"We should not be locking up kids or individual users for long stretches of jail time when some of the folks who are writing those laws have probably done the same thing".

Or still doing? o_O

He is admitting that the govement has been lying about weed this whole time..

And what about tobacco? Is weed safer than tobacco? Hell yes it is
But our goverment makes billion for taxing both tobacco and alcohol

So they are huge hypocrites!

Eveyone in jail for weed should be set free tomorrow!

where are the obama supporters? I expect them to say "I told you so" now :)

masshole61

masshole61

Barry said 2014 is the year of action!! So let's take that pen and write an executive order legalizing cannabis for all lawful purposes!
Then get on that phone and call call your buddy Eric at justice and make like Moses and "let my people go!".
If you really believe in it legalize it!
There are three reasons why he has deferred the issue to the states...
Revenue, revenue, revenue.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Barry said 2014 is the year of action!! So let's take that pen and write an executive order legalizing cannabis for all lawful purposes!
Then get on that phone and call call your buddy Eric at justice and make like Moses and "let my people go!".
If you really believe in it legalize it!
:woot: That would be cool man! 53% of the people would be behind that too! :happy:
that would blow minds!

LegalGrow

LegalGrow

Vote for him or not, like him or not, this is a big step in converting the rest of the politicians.
I say well done and if you remember back to President Regan's anti drug speak.. you will be reminded how much of an impact the president saying this could have in the next few years.

“As has been well documented, I smoked pot as a kid, and I view it as a bad habit and a vice, (i.e. not a terrible thing)..

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-marijuana-football-184222270.html

My soap box, skip if you want. :)
Interesting how he kind of lumps it with cigarettes, which is the real killer in our country and the shit doesn't even give you a f-ing BUZZ!! Outlaw cigarettes since we get addicted to them so early (I saw fuck you joe camel and the marboro man too and the mad men that invented the ad camplaigns in the 50s..). At $10-$20 a day habit. Who are the real criminals..? Oh yeah, this message is sponsored by Philip Morris. LOL.

2hotmomma88

2hotmomma88

I think it will have a big impact. I don't care for him myself. But this has definitely improved my approval rating of him for sure. I could see him smoking on a blunt lol:cigar:

LegalGrow

LegalGrow

Off subject since my coffee is kicking in..

I do now take time to vote as I never did when I was younger. When we vote I think we quietly say, like em, love em, at least I was there when it happened.

Something I will never forget when I was a kid, my drunk ass Dad getting pissed at Bush SR and throwing his boot at the TV.. (yes it broke).
Did he get his drunk ass to go vote.. hell no..,,, unless there was a voter card in the old style case...

After watching Lone Survivor movie last night.. American is a great place to raise a family.. AMEN - so get out and Vote.. never know, your vote may just get MJ legalized nationwide.. so put that in our pipe and smoke it! :)

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Haha this is my boy coming out of the closet. Hate to say it but I said this would happen or at least had a high probability. So stoked marijuana is legal come 2020

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I just wanna know this...if Obama is so indifferent to pot, and he even stated that he would keep the DEA out of MMJ.....then why have there been more DEA raids on MMJ than when Bush was in office? This is just him jumping on a popular bandwagon to keep people from absolutely despising him for so many of his atrocities.....like NDAA, NSA, Benghazi, Drone Strikes, Obamacare, do I really need to go on?

LegalGrow

LegalGrow

@CelticEBE - My guess is because technology has made busting people much easier and cheaper.
"Hey Bro, can I come get some green" Be smarter than this people. Only talk in person and not on the phones. :)

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

@CelticEBE - My guess is because technology has made busting people much easier and cheaper.
"Hey Bro, can I come get some green" Be smarter than this people. Only talk in person and not on the phones. :)

Oh you mean like the NSA invading EVERYONES privacy? LOL

Drink the Kool-Aid.....keep thinking our Government gives one shit about US. Unless you are a corporate interest...or a bank.....the government doesn't fucking care.

LegalGrow

LegalGrow

In my experience most of the people that piss and moan about government are the ones breaking the rules, sitting in prison and generally giveback nothing to society.

America provides us with the best possible platform to become millionaires/successful happy people. If you want to be a fireman when you grow up, you can fucking do it! If you want to be a doctor, fuck yes.! DO IT.
If you want to be a fucking loser... They let you do that too here!

If the government forgets my birthday I don't mind. I am running the table and this is a great country. If they arrest me for breaking the law, fuck me. ME. Not them.

Top Bottom