Obama signs Monsanto Protection Act

• Thread starter FiveAM
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dirk d

dirk d

some good points socal but remember the pipeline from canada could have easily been moved away from those environmentally sensitive areas.

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

I hear that... dirk d The length of time is ridiculous though... The studies are done, the impact is minimal and the choice is obvious. Share the resources from an Ally and neighbor or import from half way around the world that is subject to Kaos if A camel farts... let alone the cost of doing that.
Go figure... I guess that's why we elect brilliant men and environmentalists to do studies that never end until the opportunity / offer is sized by someone else... Then we can wish in one hand and well... you know the rest. Their is A boom going on in natural gas and oil on private property that, if used correctly on government land (That actually belongs to the people not the government) would end foreign oil dependency in "One" presidential term... Like you said before, it's not about what is best for the people, it's about the $$$ Green $$$

dirk d

dirk d

think about this for a minute socal. imagine if cars/vehicles didn't have to run on gasoline.... why would we depend on any foreign country for oil let alone anything??? Here's the kicker. we don't need oil to survive. There are other alternatives that are working right now. Just look at the subways and electric buses.

Oil is 100 years ago. future is not oil and we don't need even 1 drop of it. We can have all the energy we need and then some and we don't need to destroy the environment. Every other species can co-exist with mother nature except for us.

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

Their is A huge difference between "Imagine" and "Fact" Everything is shipped, hauled, moved or transported via petroleum based or diesel product... If your talking human powered transport how would people cover distance? Electric... via solar or wind? To inefficient, Storing energy via batteries and converting it to motion is hugely inefficient at this point and any time in our future. Not to mention that the "Carbon Footprint" to manufacture an electric hybrid puts that car @ approx. 80,000 mi. deficit vs. an internal combustion car before it ever moves. How many thousands of miles do you think that hybrid will go after 80K before the toxic beyond belief batteries from 100's of thousands of cars would have to be disposed of recycled / replaced? We Still charge those cars and run those subways via... You guessed it, natural gas / coal to provide electrical power for the most part... Which brings to mind the 3 million gallons of nuclear waste stored that is leaking like A sieve in Washington state... Best alternative and far cleaner than petroleum is natural gas (environmentalists are doing their best to kill this too...) that could be used for all truck / fleet transport but if their ever will be A Holly Grail fuel source it will happen via free market and the drive to profit via more efficient transport... So, yeah I have actually given much thought about that one dirk d... and I don't mean to ramble or any disrespect to your statement at all. I just have little or no faith in A government or union solution to transportation. Look at the example they provide us on A daily basis...
Ca. in deficit @ approx. 90billion and they propose A 100billion bullet train from San Diego to San Francisco??? The state is "Broke" literally and can't print their own money like Uncle Sam, business and families are leaving in droves because they know we are headed for the Golden State Default... so all those union and government pensions won't be worth squack then. You want A snapshot of the problem facing the U.S. just keep an eye on the blue state policies of CA. and what happens here. ;)

P.S. Subways were started by free market capitalists and built in the early 1900's at A fraction of the cost and time due to A competitive free market vs. union / government bureaucracy... as it is done today... Nice to see you still kickin' round dirk d :)

dirk d

dirk d

Their is A huge difference between "Imagine" and "Fact"
Guess i do "imagine" a lot lol. You have valid points for sure.

Everything is shipped, hauled, moved or transported via petroleum based or diesel product... If your talking human powered transport how would people cover distance? Electric... via solar or wind? To inefficient, Storing energy via batteries and converting it to motion is hugely inefficient at this point and any time in our future. Not to mention that the "Carbon Footprint" to manufacture an electric hybrid puts that car @ approx. 80,000 mi. deficit vs. an internal combustion car before it ever moves. How many thousands of miles do you think that hybrid will go after 80K before the toxic beyond belief batteries from 100's of thousands of cars would have to be disposed of recycled / replaced? We Still charge those cars and run those subways via...
We wouldn't have to buy our electric cars from Japan or wherever. All cars for America could be built in America. Many countries impose tariffs of 100% on vehicles. We could impose a 300% tariff on cars NOT made in America. doesn't matter the brand. man there's an idea.. More local jobs, more people earning wages and spending in their local economies.

You guessed it, natural gas / coal to provide electrical power for the most part... Which brings to mind the 3 million gallons of nuclear waste stored that is leaking like A sieve in Washington state... Best alternative and far cleaner than petroleum is natural gas (environmentalists are doing their best to kill this too...) that could be used for all truck / fleet transport but if their ever will be A Holly Grail fuel source it will happen via free market and the drive to profit via more efficient transport... So, yeah I have actually given much thought about that one dirk d..
I am also a huge natural gas advocate. fuel cell technology is what i'm talking about. coal is dead as well imo, all energy sources from 100 years ago. Imagine if we drove cars from 100 years ago lol or wore clothes from 100 years ago lol ya btw I just finished a 8 hour pre-harvest regime and smoke some kraken lol

. and I don't mean to ramble or any disrespect to your statement at all. I just have little or no faith in A government or union solution to transportation. Look at the example they provide us on A daily basis...
You know i'm losing my faith in anyone giving a fu** in this country. seems no one cares about anything except reality tv and whose going to win american idol.

Ca. in deficit @ approx. 90billion and they propose A 100billion bullet train from San Diego to San Francisco??? The state is "Broke" literally and can't print their own money like Uncle Sam, business and families are leaving in droves because they know we are headed for the Golden State Default... so all those union and government pensions won't be worth squack then. You want A snapshot of the problem facing the U.S. just keep an eye on the blue state policies of CA. and what happens here. ;)
And california is broke exactly because of those generous pensions and retirement plans all the gov't workers have. city workers, county workers, fire, police, 'ing name every department. Some of those contracts are worth 500k a head. I mean how is that even feasable??

Last time I was in Cali it was rocking and rolling. people were spending $$$ everywhere. 50k cars like bicycles all over the place. California isn't broke it's being robbed.

P.S. Subways were started by free market capitalists and built in the early 1900's at A fraction of the cost and time due to A competitive free market vs. union / government bureaucracy... as it is done today..
helps to bring in chinese and mexicans workers though??? lol we could do it again!! hey i'm full of ideas tonight..must be the deleria lol

. Nice to see you still kickin' round dirk d :)
thanks man, still around just been busy with the girls. politics gets my blood boiling and I have to take some breaks every now and then :)

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

^^^^F@#%!@* outstanding kolah^^^^ Special Interest Groups own Washington...
And we arrive at the beginning again... All about the $$$ Green $$$

200902833347323851 2Grqwm5Y c

SuperCan

SuperCan

Here is the price of surpassing America in 70 yrs. I do read and am well aware of "China" and it's 35 years of infant genocide (Hey at least they don't have to sweat $10per month birth control Right?) and Zero respect for the environment... Burn baby burn. Their industrial revolution occurred like what... 75 years later than us and now we are so over regulated Obama whines about natural gas or A pipeline from Canada to reduce our dependency on middle east oil? China is just clapping their hands about that... Yeah bro, great example!

When you put it like that I actually see where you are coming from because I think the same thing basically that China will destroy itself by being evil before they can take us over. I want to say that I would vote for republicans if they would just get things straight with the social agenda I'm not saying they have to 'love' gay marriage but I think they should accept that they are discriminating against people and stop it. These things aren't really important I agree the stuff that is important is what you are bringing up and that we have puppets on both sides. If there was a party that addressed that problem I would vote for them but there isn't so I'm left with the dems. I do not agree with their economic policy but does the policy really change between sides? I don't think so not that much. I take back what I said I would let you run the country if you would fix these things but I think one of the problems is that the system swallows and destroys anyone who gets into office maybe it would even happen to someone like you. It is almost like as soon as you get sworn in they threaten to kill your entire family if you don't do what they say and we are on the same page there I believe I am sorry for throwing you under the bus before because I think we really agree on a lot. I just have decided to try to be a part of changing the things that it looks like we can change even if they are just being fed to us as 'busy work'.

FiveAM

FiveAM

think about this for a minute socal. imagine if cars/vehicles didn't have to run on gasoline.... why would we depend on any foreign country for oil let alone anything??? Here's the kicker. we don't need oil to survive. There are other alternatives that are working right now. Just look at the subways and electric buses.

Oil is 100 years ago. future is not oil and we don't need even 1 drop of it. We can have all the energy we need and then some and we don't need to destroy the environment. Every other species can co-exist with mother nature except for us.

Because our dollar is backed by oil..not gold.

SuperCan

SuperCan

That is a very smart way to think of it even though I don't think we can have all the energy we need right away I do think it is right that we are being fed a line of 'bullshit' about the 'foreign oil' argument. The point you made makes me ashamed that I did not think of it before! I think that countries are interdependent and they will stay that way but I think the lack of resources is weird to discuss in a country with only 300 million and the most landmass per person of any of the super powers except Russia. If we 'need' more stuff then it is because we are greedy and in this case 'need' is really 'want'.

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

When you put it like that I actually see where you are coming from because I think the same thing basically that China will destroy itself by being evil before they can take us over. I want to say that I would vote for republicans if they would just get things straight with the social agenda I'm not saying they have to 'love' gay marriage but I think they should accept that they are discriminating against people and stop it. These things aren't really important I agree the stuff that is important is what you are bringing up and that we have puppets on both sides. If there was a party that addressed that problem I would vote for them but there isn't so I'm left with the dems. I do not agree with their economic policy but does the policy really change between sides? I don't think so not that much. I take back what I said I would let you run the country if you would fix these things but I think one of the problems is that the system swallows and destroys anyone who gets into office maybe it would even happen to someone like you. It is almost like as soon as you get sworn in they threaten to kill your entire family if you don't do what they say and we are on the same page there I believe I am sorry for throwing you under the bus before because I think we really agree on a lot. I just have decided to try to be a part of changing the things that it looks like we can change even if they are just being fed to us as 'busy work'.
I am equal opportunity all the way when it comes to the criticism of corrupt politicians... It just so happens that the "One" who stepped on the stage and became our president ran on the trust and feelings of people for the "Promise" of "Hope and Change" and to "Make A Difference" in the political arena more than any other man in history... and it's just more of the same old song and dance. I am personally offended when someone runs on A political stage and has the eyes and ears of the entire world on his side yet he can't muster anything more than the "Same" as the people before him, when all it would take is to actually "Do" that which he promised to do... To make A "Fucking" statement in Washington for the benefit of the people at any cost to self regardless of the outcome because that "Is" what the man "Promised to do. How can any one not believe if he actually did do that, he wouldn't have an "Overwhelming" and "Undeniable" support of the American people? But once again, that's just not the case. So yeah, I, by all means, on A personal level, have A despise for Barack Obama more than any other president but I feel it is well deserved. When you promise to be the "One" who makes A difference for the benefit of American people in Washington D.C. at A time when it is needed and necessary more than any other time in history, then you better dam well do something phenomenal while you hold the platform or you become nothing more than "Another" politician that made and broke that which he promised to do...
I am noting more than just some other citizen of the United States that doesn't mater in the Washington D.C. scope of the "Big" picture and this is nothing more than my 2 cents... and the most important thing is I am well aware of that!

SuperCan

SuperCan

I am equal opportunity all the way when it comes to the criticism of corrupt politicians... It just so happens that the "One" who stepped on the stage and became our president ran on the trust and feelings of people for the "Promise" of "Hope and Change" and to "Make A Difference" in the political arena more than any other man in history... and it's just more of the same old song and dance. I am personally offended when someone runs on A political stage and has the eyes and ears of the entire world on his side yet he can't muster anything more than the "Same" as the people before him, when all it would take is to actually "Do" that which he promised to do... To make A "Fucking" statement in Washington for the benefit of the people at any cost to self regardless of the outcome because that "Is" what the man "Promised to do. How can any one not believe if he actually did do that, he wouldn't have an "Overwhelming" and "Undeniable" support of the American people? But once again, that's just not the case. So yeah, I, by all means, on A personal level, have A despise for Barack Obama more than any other president but I feel it is well deserved. When you promise to be the "One" who makes A difference for the benefit of American people in Washington D.C. at A time when it is needed and necessary more than any other time in history, then you better dam well do something phenomenal while you hold the platform or you become nothing more than "Another" politician that made and broke that which he promised to do...
I am noting more than just some other citizen of the United States that doesn't mater in the Washington D.C. scope of the "Big" picture and this is nothing more than my 2 cents... and the most important thing is I am well aware of that!

That is the first good reason I have heard to hate Obama ever I do not like the guy myself but it is like you and others have said they are all the same so I supported the group that will do better social things and also I think it is important that the Supreme Court justices stay balanced or we will have more 'citizens united' verdicts and that isn't good so I voted form him because we have at least one and maybe two justices on the way out and I do think the supreme court is still important.

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

So, it looks like the April "Fools" are in Stockton Ca. :( You think A city (Stockton is the largest population wise, in the United States) State or country can't go bankrupt? Guess again! Overspending, lavish pensions for city employees and an ever increasing deficit, 18% unemployment and the first domino has fallen. The next will most likely be San Bernardino County and then Riverside County... Like I said earlier, you want A snap shot of the United States and the problems ahead, just watch California...

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

So, it looks like the April "Fools" are in Stockton Ca. :( You think A city (Stockton is the largest population wise, in the United States) State or country can't go bankrupt? Guess again! Overspending, lavish pensions for city employees and an ever increasing deficit, 18% unemployment and the first domino has fallen. The next will most likely be San Bernardino County and then Riverside County... Like I said earlier, you want A snap shot of the United States and the problems ahead, just watch California...
vallejo is the first city in california to go bankrupt. shit is crazy

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

Point taken... I'm sure their are more to follow. People just can't acknowledge the truth that regardless of weather it is A person, family, business, city or country, when you spend more than you take in and do the same on A continual basis, you are destined for financial disaster that is beyond your control. It will happen and their is no other outcome. The loans will end, the credit score will fall and you will be forced to live within your means by the people that are now saving yourself from your own poor financial decisions...

dirk d

dirk d

You know i was one of those people that made a shitload of $$$ and spent an even bigger shitload of $$$ lol. I almost have no debt now. Working on the last ones now. Got to say i'm much happier buying everything i want with cash instead of plastic. Makes you really think if you need something or not when you see the $$$ leaving your hands lol.

Almost Every business failure is due to debt. People have to understand that they can NOT have any debt and f*** the people that say you need it. If you can't make $$$ with your business then it's not a business worth doing.

J

Johnny427

Just to confirm that corporations are truly stronger then the government, and definitely more important then the average joe.

http://foodbeast.com/content/2013/0...E [media=youtube]6W6S0aEUC-M[/media][/quote]

SoCal 420

SoCal 420

You know i was one of those people that made a shitload of $$$ and spent an even bigger shitload of $$$ lol. I almost have no debt now. Working on the last ones now. Got to say i'm much happier buying everything i want with cash instead of plastic. Makes you really think if you need something or not when you see the $$$ leaving your hands lol.

Almost Every business failure is due to debt. People have to understand that they can NOT have any debt and f*** the people that say you need it. If you can't make $$$ with your business then it's not a business worth doing.
So you seem like A well rounded individual with A positive outlook on life... Would it be fair to say that your life has improved since you stopped living in the moment with instant gratification being the driver of your spending decision vs. what you actually have in your pocket and A conscious decision of what you "Really" need and can afford without the worry of "How" you will pay for it or "What" you will have to do if you can't? Seems to be A parallel to where we are as A country today...

dirk d

dirk d

So you seem like A well rounded individual with A positive outlook on life... Would it be fair to say that your life has improved since you stopped living in the moment with instant gratification being the driver of your spending decision vs. what you actually have in your pocket and A conscious decision of what you "Really" need and can afford without the worry of "How" you will pay for it or "What" you will have to do if you can't? Seems to be A parallel to where we are as A country today...

Well i would consider it as a growing experience really. We are brought up in this country to borrow, borrow, borrow and get the things we "want" according to media/tv. People have to take the initiative and break the cycle of debt aka "slavery". After "owning" many homes/cars/things of value with debt I came to realize that if i would have just waited a bit I could have gotten everything i wanted with cash instead of debt. In this country they make you "believe" you own your car or home but truth is you are a slave to the credit industry. After going through the ringer and seeing how these "creditors" treated me, I decided for myself that I would no longer use credit.

I have seen many people lose everything because of the massive amounts of debt they have. In other parts of the world there is no credit and everyone buys everything with cash, including homes. I love not having debt. Just wish I could pay the rest of it off faster but alas we all pay for the mistakes we've made. Truth is you can get anything you want whether you need it or want it, just have to do it in the proper order and with cash lol. I've decided that for me and my family we will be a zero debt, for profit corporation lol

Really since when did having a business that you need to borrow massive amounts of $$$ seem like a good idea?? My stress levels are only a fraction of what they were and I can actually enjoy the beauty of a flower now. before i would have just stepped on that flower and moved along lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom