Obnoxious strain names

• Thread starter sedate
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Z

Zeldar

I have found in my experiences that most elite strains are named aptly; if you don't understand why 'Cheese' is called cheese; well then you haven't actually smoked the real thing done right. The first time that I saw 'Cheese' at a club, and heard a tender's description I was definitely cautious, but intrigued. Once I hit that first bowl, the name made complete sense.

:poolparty

express_fix

express_fix

lol the reviewer says "I think OG Herojuana is one of the best/most creative strain names I’ve heard of in a while."

what a moron!
guess he wrote it right after a few hard bong rips :-) so i understand his "enthusiasm" to some point

R

Rolln J

guess he wrote it right after a few hard bong rips :-) so i understand his "enthusiasm" to some point

i can understand being excited about some good weed - but how ripped do you have to be to think og herojuana is original and or creative>?

M

Mr.LovaLova

I think that inside the cannabis community we learn to appreciate certain characteristics of different strains IE, catpiss, diesel, cheese, blueberry, etc.. I respect the description in the name more then a fairytale name that is supposed to take you to far off places ...I mean sure you could name a strain pixie dust or magic spell or something of that sort, but I appreciate the breeder that caters to the connesuer.

T

tinfoil hat

I'm glad someone said it.

'Diesel' is another that just gags me to think about. Ya, I want to smoke some Diesel fumes. YUCK! What were they thinking?

And the violence laden strain names are truly the worst. Makes me wonder why?

I

I-90

Coughing Retard.....I didnt like the name....but boy does it make you cough.

D

Dubwobble

Some of the worst names can come from crossing some of these monstrosities...

Cotton Candy x Catpiss = Cotton Candy Catpiss

Medicine Man x Dogshit = Shaman Droppings

The White x Herijuana = China White

Sour Grapes x The Black x Donky Dick = The Sour Black Donkey Dick

I can go on and on.... :)

HarryNugz

HarryNugz

One from Overgrow days that sticks in my mind is "Mommas baby, Poppas maybe". Whoever it was that came up with that name and thought it was the greatest name ever deserves the douche bag award.

E

Elbows19

Yea I understand the a-z/number convention - I just think that if one finds something so amazing - they could then - give it a real name.

Right. That's disgusting.

Yea I get the idea behind violent sounding strain names "Knockout" "Killer Kush" "AK-47" - I'm just kind hipped out about it - potheads should be more relaxed.

The name itself doesn't bother me so much as its rampant overuse.

"Diesel" is another prefix/suffix that drives me apeshit.

You really seem easily annoyed, there just names..

Cheese because the pheno smells like cheese..
G13 has something to do with the myth of goverment strain #13

You see there not just random names they have meaning..

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Yeah I understand how some names are annoying, but what do you do about something like sour diesel? Call it sour skunk? That is the only other fitting description I can think of for it. I popped about twenty unknown beans, I ended up with only one real keeper, it smells and tastes exactly like sweet grapefruits ( not like the ruby red grapefruits which is how I would describe good NYCD) so I am calling it sweet grapefruit. I guess if I get a strain that is called cheese, I want to smell/taste the resemblance. I love fruits and fruity strains, but I also love stanky skunky ones: diesel, cheese, chem, og, etc. G 13 sounds great to me, btw....

T

Tonic

Don't like the name don't get the strain, simple!

If you don't like the names maybe you should pull your fingers out and breed and name your own shit.
If i spend 2-3 years working a line and want to call it Big fat dog cock I will, this is my prerogative as the breeder. It is up to you if you want to buy it!

Like it matters anyway!

Sorry for the rant. I just cant stand shit like this

T.

fractal

fractal

true, wobble BUT if the sour donk is truly epic herb you can create a fucking killer inside joke amongst your friends - "can you handle the sour black donkey dick?"

"i handled the sour black donkey dick and all I got was a napkin"

"etc"

7rayos

Ain't that simple, Tonic. Most people loves OG Kush and most people loves the Chem Dawg, and then someone comes with a top cross of those two and calls it Dog Turd. Few people likes dog turds, but that's not a reason to go without a nice cross of those strains. I suggest, once you buy seed, if you don't like the name, rename [/it. If you buy a Staffordshire Terrier, you won't call it Staffordshire Terrier, but Rusty, or something like that.
It could be worse, it could be a girl you like a lot but her name is Dirty Agnes and she's proud of it. Then what? Ignore her?
All opinions of course are downright obsolete as people will keep calling the thing as they please, but I can't find any room for confrontation here, just some fun. Naming a plant after a smell trait is common, who cares if catpiss or ammonia. It's grass. Grass itself tastes disgusting too, so does weed that also looks ugly, yet that's how we lovingly call marijuana. There can be poetry in the Donkey Dick Dogbreath, catpiss pheno, too, but i'd wait for someone else to try it first, he.

winta

winta

the most i guess u can say obnoxious strain ive heard of/smokeed (though the name made me laugh lol)was called dream qweef!

L

lil miss lone

^^oh that is gross hehe, as well as the previous one...

I Hate the name cat piss. Ugh, who named it that, and why?? My man had this strain, and I always complained about the name, Can't we just Call it something else, just between us, lol I was grossed out. We have a friend who calls hers "cat nipp". It just sounds more appealing.
Dank ass dank though, nonetheless...

S

ShorelineTex

It could be worse, it could be a girl you like a lot but her name is Dirty Agnes and she's proud of it. Then what? Ignore her?

Well, I don't know about "Agnes", but in my experience, any girl who's proud of the adjective "Dirty" being tossed in front of her name is worth at least a date.:cool0041:

M

Mr.LovaLova

If you have smelled catpiss the last week of flowering or drying then you know why its called it ...

C

cooda

Well, I don't know about "Agnes", but in my experience, any girl who's proud of the adjective "Dirty" being tossed in front of her name is worth at least a date.:cool0041:

lol... I knew a dirty Diana once.... I'll leave it at that.

BTW, rumor has it that G-13 is actually Generation 13. Supposedly it was the governments 13th generation of the highest THC content possible. of course that is all urban legend.

Also, the guy who is NOT named zero, thanks, I didnt think there were any trolls on this forum, made start to wonder if it was all a government set up (no paranoia )

Have to say I agree somewhat with the OP though. Why call something a disgusting name like catpiss or dogshit?? I have never seen or smelled either, I guess it would have to REALLY smell like it to make me name it that. But to be honest, if I bred something that smelled like dogshit, or cat piss..... I wouldnt continue with it. I would get rid of it, and start over. But thats just me.

also never tasted diesel, but it sounds gross.

Top Bottom