Ob's Tent

• Thread starter OrganicBandt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
OrganicBandt

OrganicBandt

I like the idea of coco because it's hand watered, and the growth rate rivals deep water culture
Organic soil is amazing when it comes to quality and simple which is why I love it
But yield is what I'm ultimately after

Limonene

Limonene

Hmm maybe you can answer a couple questions I have
How often do you water with the nutrient solution? Is it like water water feed, or water feed water feed?
Do you only PH the water that the nutrients are in?
does the PH fluctuate a lot? I know In DWC it's easier to keep the ph consistent with the correct water temp and correct nutrient content for the plant growing.
What is the best line of nutrients to use? My only worries are cost of the synthetic shit I have to buy but can't skip out on quality
Ok im not saying this is the definitive way to run coco, there are peeople who do things very differently to me and they get amazing results but the way i do things is
i feed them once a day up to about week 3 (to make the roots work)then twice a day. When they are in bloom i feed them 4 or 5 times only when lights are on. all automated for me. I always run things in a smaller sack/pot then u may think is advisable, this helps me to facilitate multiple waterings. I never flush until the end, i just try and keep my e.c low throughout. u shouldn't get salt build up in coco, especially with multiple waterings daily.
i only P.h the reservoir that is feeding my plants. i try not to go above 1.4 e.c at max feed. using this method i can get 20+ from an 8 litre sack. However some people who i know use really big sacks and feed once every 2 days and they also get great results, i prefer this method i outlined because I'm getting the correct ph and fresh oxygen to the root zone 4 times a day.
as far as nutes go I'm not sure what u guys have over there but i use the same nutes used to use in dwc. Oh and i add beneficials to the coco and 40% of my medium is perlite or super soil aerator mixed with the coco

OrganicBandt

OrganicBandt

Ok im not saying this is the definitive way to run coco, there are peeople who do things very differently to me and they get amazing results but the way i do things is
i feed them once a day up to about week 3 (to make the roots work)then twice a day. When they are in bloom i feed them 4 or 5 times only when lights are on. all automated for me. I always run things in a smaller sack/pot then u may think is advisable, this helps me to facilitate multiple waterings. I never flush until the end, i just try and keep my e.c low throughout. u shouldn't get salt build up in coco, especially with multiple waterings daily.
i only P.h the reservoir that is feeding my plants. i try not to go above 1.4 e.c at max feed. using this method i can get 20+ from an 8 litre sack. However some people who i know use really big sacks and feed once every 2 days and they also get great results, i prefer this method i outlined because I'm getting the correct ph and fresh oxygen to the root zone 4 times a day.
as far as nutes go I'm not sure what u guys have over there but i use the same nutes used to use in dwc. Oh and i add beneficials to the coco and 40% of my medium is perlite or super soil aerator mixed with the coco

I'm intrigued to the point I will run 1 coco pot for this next run
Start small and see how it compares to the organic soil...
I may be asking you plenty over the next few months!
I was thinking about using ready gro coco
What do you recommend?
Thanks for your input! I plan on having a wide variety of strains in my tent after these girls

Limonene

Limonene

1 coco pot sounds like a good place to start. I use the compressed coco blocks that can be rehydrated with water. Im not sure if they are better than the premixed big bags but they are much more discrete to transport. They seem great to me.

OrganicBandt

OrganicBandt

1 coco pot sounds like a good place to start. I use the compressed coco blocks that can be rehydrated with water. Im not sure if they are better than the premixed big bags but they are much more discrete to transport. They seem great to me.

What about nutrients
I see a lot of mixed results and testimonials when it comes to synthetics
when I grew DWC I used GH, Fox farm, Aqua Flakes but each line was slightly different
I was thinking of using AN but there's a lot of mixed opinions on them
I'll probably stick to a bigger pot, I'd want something I can water at least once per day and no more

Limonene

Limonene

i use mainly synthetics and i always have done. years ago i used AN and also GH 3 part for quite a while, cant say i loved either to be honest. I use green haze base nutes now, by growth technology who make clonex, really like their grow and bloom. Have u ever seen those products in the states?

OrganicBandt

OrganicBandt

i use mainly synthetics and i always have done. years ago i used AN and also GH 3 part for quite a while, cant say i loved either to be honest. I use green haze base nutes now, by growth technology who make clonex, really like their grow and bloom. Have u ever seen those products in the states?

I have not seen those out here but then again I do not check those isles at the hydro store when I visit. Mainly due to my organic habit right now
I'll be visiting this week to see what I can find for nutrients, I've got some coco but I'm in the process of switching to a new company for my day job. May have to set aside my spending habits for a month or 2

For Journal Purposes
I soaked 2 of The Fuzz
3 Goji OG
3 Silver Lotus on Thursday last week. They all go their solo cups on Sunday and will be under a light tomorrow.
I've also got a GG4 cut with A silver mountain cut that I'm unsure about running indoor. She may go outside
I'll be headed to pick up some other clones this weekend

OrganicBandt

OrganicBandt

Update
Well I had one silver lotus that didn't make it
She never broke the surface of her solo cup
I'll leave it be and see if she's a late starter
Good news is I got Goji OG to root
I took 8 cuttings from the one female I obtained awhile back. She looked to be a male during preflowers but surprised me when she threw out pistils
I waited a week to check for possible male sacs but nothing so I cloned her and she will be in my tent this coming run!
Everything is smooth sailing right now
Hitting them with neem oil foilar tonight

OrganicBandt

OrganicBandt

Been awhile. Hella busy with my day job. Here's today's shot at day 10. Silver mountain, gorilla glue 4, the fuzz, silver lotus, phantom kush, mango kush

OrganicBandt

OrganicBandt

20160502 211229

OrganicBandt

OrganicBandt

Thanks limonene! Excited to see how these girls turn out. I've plucked ALOT compared to last round and I see a noticeable difference under this LED. I'll be plucking a lot tonight. Hope all is well in your garden, especially after seeing the stuff you picked up!

Limonene

Limonene

Thanks limonene! Excited to see how these girls turn out. I've plucked ALOT compared to last round and I see a noticeable difference under this LED. I'll be plucking a lot tonight. Hope all is well in your garden, especially after seeing the stuff you picked up!
things aren't too bad, I'm liking gg4 and stardawg (first runs) but my amnesia has decided to go a bit buckwild and stretchy, not sure why, I've run her loads of times and she's usually a good girl!
My bodhi tent is 2 weeks behind and is rocking though, altogether I'm fairly happy.

OrganicBandt

OrganicBandt

Fuck it's been a long time
Genius Thai (Bodhi's cut) x Chem DD F2 (lemonhoko) bred by Doc d, day 20
DSC 0007
20160902 201909

Silver Mountain outdoor
20160901 003702

Been with 4 phones over the last few months so I don't have my final nugshots of the previous harvest but if you find my IG they are all there I'll post some bodhi ladies later

Top Bottom