Odd bud development or lack of bud development

• Thread starter EastBay420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
Certainly let it continue to flower. It could be quite a few weeks before it stops and I wouod just go with it. Treat it like a long-flowering equatorial Sativa. If it's gonna ripen after 16+ weeks of flowering, so be it. If it matures quicker than that, fine, but I'd stay on this one for the long haul. Are you feeding it?

the rrock

the rrock

i would cut and run to better plant,something seriously wrong at 75 days with yellowing leaves. Dont look like your buds will mature,move it outside and make room for something with potential,strongest GG or gg cross out there is glue sniffer(twenty20).I could be wrong as ive never grown or smoked anything auto(or plan to)

E

EastBay420

i would cut and run to better plant,something seriously wrong at 75 days with yellowing leaves. Dont look like your buds will mature,move it outside and make room for something with potential,strongest GG or gg cross out there is glue sniffer(twenty20).I could be wrong as ive never grown or smoked anything auto(or plan to)
Already have 2 other plants in there that are performing normally this one is just a touch “special” it seems. Gonna let her just run her course and see what happens
Certainly let it continue to flower. It could be quite a few weeks before it stops and I wouod just go with it. Treat it like a long-flowering equatorial Sativa. If it's gonna ripen after 16+ weeks of flowering, so be it. If it matures quicker than that, fine, but I'd stay on this one for the long haul. Are you feeding it?
She is being fed Fox Farm liquid ferts now only running them at about 1/4 to 1/2 strength to keep the stress at a minimum

F.Dupp

F.Dupp

You might just have a verified mutant on your hands. I recently had a couple Bahama Mama plants look similar to this, but with dark purple leaves/buds. Even the pistils were dark purple. But with a similar growth pattern to your plant. If you took clones, I'd toss them. And I wouldn't waste much energy on this plant.

Maybe chop a lower bud, quick dry it and smoke it. Then you'll know if it's worth your time.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
You might just have a verified mutant on your hands. I recently had a couple Bahama Mama plants look similar to this, but with dark purple leaves/buds. Even the pistils were dark purple. But with a similar growth pattern to your plant. If you took clones, I'd toss them. And I wouldn't waste much energy on this plant.

Maybe chop a lower bud, quick dry it and smoke it. Then you'll know if it's worth your time.
Do you have a picture of that one? How was the final product?

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
... But for the last few years I have been buying from US based seed banks and the quality is hit or miss.
That's a broad statement. There are a lot of US seed companies and many of them have great genetics. The latest strains, hybrids......

In fact, we have someone with high quality genetics right here...... ;)

F.Dupp

F.Dupp

Do you have a picture of that one? How was the final product?
No. I didn't take any pictures of it. It was very unsightly. Super tall, super lanky, with elongated, sparse, reddish purple/black buds that didn't really have any smell to them. I didn't even even smoke any of it because it didn't even look or smell like weed. A 9ft tall plant yielded about 1 1/2oz. There was also a smaller plant that was similar. The smaller one had almost zero bud on it. The buds were more like a row of bracts on a thin stem. Very weird.

I popped 18 Bahama Mama freebies that I got from Solfire. At least 6 of them were freaks. And two of those barely resembled cannabis.

F.Dupp

F.Dupp

*The trichomes were also dark reddish purple/black. Good luck knowing when to harvest. Although they didn't, the buds looked like they would turn your fingers purple if you touched them.

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
No. I didn't take any pictures of it. It was very unsightly. Super tall, super lanky, with elongated, sparse, reddish purple/black buds that didn't really have any smell to them. I didn't even even smoke any of it because it didn't even look or smell like weed. A 9ft tall plant yielded about 1 1/2oz. There was also a smaller plant that was similar. The smaller one had almost zero bud on it. The buds were more like a row of bracts on a thin stem. Very weird.

I popped 18 Bahama Mama freebies that I got from Solfire. At least 6 of them were freaks. And two of those barely resembled cannabis.
No, you don't want any pictures of that stuff...... ;)

Top Bottom