Odd rust colored spotting starts second week of flower

• Thread starter Rupert421
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rupert421

Rupert421

I think we may be onto a temp issue… it makes sense after explained of how high temp will effect the processing of nutes.. but again if I’m not that terrible on temp.. what the heck is going on!?!?!? Hahaha!

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

could be high nutrient levels, causing a calcium-type problem as well. What ppm are you feeding the plant? Even though it's DWC, I would bring PH up so the plant can uptake calcium and magnesium better.

Rupert421

Rupert421

Hey IC94,
Definitely hear you on high nuit levels, as I do agree my foliage is quite dark. So enlighten me on ppm.. have never tested for, and always tried to keep my PH spot on for both DWC (5.8ph) and soil (6.8ph).. but have I guess always had decent luck if I’ve never ran into this before..

Itscheese94

Itscheese94

Hey IC94,
Definitely hear you on high nuit levels, as I do agree my foliage is quite dark. So enlighten me on ppm.. have never tested for, and always tried to keep my PH spot on for both DWC (5.8ph) and soil (6.8ph).. but have I guess always had decent luck if I’ve never ran into this before..
Sometimes a low pH can cause a tox or nutrient buildup because the plant can't uptake calcium or magnesium as good, which appears as a deficiency but is actually a pH problem. Most times, the best way to solve the problem is to correct it rather than add nutrients. thinking it's a deficiency, just as when nutrient levels are too high, the plant will not uptake it, therefore showing a deficiency/ burn. Your case could be something different, though but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with PH being off or a high level of nutrients.

Rupert421

Rupert421

Ok I’m on the same wave length brother.. so for hydro I’m usually looking for 5.8ph… what would you suggest? And kick back nuits to half for now maybe?? Until feeding signs show?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
not only strains but sometime even phenotype within the same strains don't react the same to environnemental conditions. but at 80 your fine, below 96 cannabis seem to do it pretty well from my experience
I agree on the manganese, though, there is a lot going on here. Critters, heat. Some iron issues. I would just try to limp it through to harvest, and try to rethink some stuff, try to dial in that environment a bit better.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
just a friendly reminder… this is only happening a couple weeks into flower.. maybe just timing??
I’m not much of a dwc head, though I’m fixing to take the automated plunge, I’m just trying to read you leaf health, but, as far as the nutrient science end of the method, I would be wrong to say one way or the other. I know the plant waaaay better than that particular style. It totally could be timing though. When you made the switch, and whether the plant was there yet. Or vice versa. This is just me going through some of the logic tho. I really hope you are able to get it done homie! I’m gonna hang out, and try to learn too.

Rupert421

Rupert421

Totally my man, the thing is this happens with my soil set up as well.. not just the DWC.. and use a different nutrient solution compared to the DWC… so in a way I do lean towards the viral issue but is definitely a tough one to peg. On the bright side I’m glad I’m throwing everyone else for a loop rather than making a common overlooked mistake.. thanks again everyone!!

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

Supporter
not saying it is but worth checking into it
It’s ALWAYS worth checking into these days, between that and hlvd……..youre a stalwart against this stuff. I say always bring it up as much as possible these days, as growers, the odds are stacking against us with that crap. Cheers.

Rupert421

Rupert421

Zill,
This is a possibility that would have to take into consideration… the don’t spray after week 2 of flower to minimize after taste of residual spray. Definitely an odd situation.. I can take some fresh pictures later this evening once sun rise comes for the ladies 😂.

Rupert421

Rupert421

Any suggestions on crop control sprays?? What are you guys using?? I usually get caught in my old ways and don’t like change..

Top Bottom