• Thread starter LoPoBeaux
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@leadsled

The reason there was stop sale on the product was because of the label. Specifically it was because we accidentally sent labels/packages that were meant for California to a couple of stores. When we registered in Oregon we registered as OG BIOWAR (DBA) and when we did California we were Imagine Landscape Inc. So yeah they pulled the product once because of that, and once a long time ago because a pack didn't have an expiration on it. :opps:

That was the only issue. It was an easy fix and our products are all currently registered and or sale in the state of Oregon.

The product no longer contains Saccharopolyspora spinosa. We took it out a long time ago when people started tripping on Spinosad... even though they arent really the same. One is synthetic and one is the bacteria.

Kind of bummed you are throwing me under the bus like that. You know Biowar is me and you know that I started it here in 2011 because there was no good substitute in my opinion. I was buying great white and it was really expensive, so I developed somethin else and then we added a bunch of stuff based on user feedback and research. Anyway, I am still waiting to hear from you for my organic soil beds. No hard feelings. ;)

Last edited:
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Also, as far as ODA and their "testing"... I don't buy it. We had the root pack tested in 2 separate labs after their testing was done, and both labs showed "too many to count" for all species in question (trichoderma, pseudomonas, and bacillus). I think they needed to keep it in the petri dish a while longer, as even Dr. Morton of West Virgina U thought there was no trichoderma, and then that shit blew up the petri dish on like day 4, and he had to correct himself.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@LoPoBeaux It will not show up on any teting as long as you do not foliar it past week 3 of flower. Microbe testing will be positive if you spray later in flower, because the packs have microbes.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

@LoPoBeaux It will not show up on any teting as long as you do not foliar it past week 3 of flower. Microbe testing will be positive if you spray later in flower, because the packs have microbes.
Can you say when it stopped including spinosa? Can I tell by dates stamped on the packages?

I did some research a while ago and it seems the OR test method will show positive with the bacterias, even though they indicate Spinosad by the compound name.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Can you say when it stopped including spinosa? Can I tell by dates stamped on the packages?

I did some research a while ago and it seems the OR test method will show positive with the bacterias, even though they indicate Spinosad by the compound name.

What is your expiration?

We have quite a few growers in Oregon that have their products tested and OGB does not show up. The 3 week mark in flower seems to be about the time to stop based on user trial and error. Some have reported going even later and getting clean bill of health. In the soil you can apply up to harvest, but spraying you should stop at week 3.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

I have it stored in a few places, will have to get dates for you when I'm there. No one I work with use your foliar for OLCC tested crops, just too big a risk for the numbers involved. I'd rather have weekly colonoscopies than deal with one failed test here, and the nightmare of hassle and wasted time that follows.

Last edited:
Herb Forester

Herb Forester

What is your expiration?

We have quite a few growers in Oregon that have their products tested and OGB does not show up. The 3 week mark in flower seems to be about the time to stop based on user trial and error. Some have reported going even later and getting clean bill of health. In the soil you can apply up to harvest, but spraying you should stop at week 3.
The foliar I set aside all have exp dates of 02/17 and 08/17. Also to clarify, playing by the rules here means not using spinosa. If just not getting caught is your game then whatever.

F

FarmerX

@Capulator

I own a OLCC licensed cannabis cultivation company in Oregon. Have been supporting and recommending your company and product(s) for several years in the medical marijuana community. The community and I would love to continue supporting your work, but we need full transparency.

Please provide us with the expiration dates of bags containing the spinosa strain.

Before finding this controversy and realizing spinosa was present in the formula, we recently applied a full-strength tea to our entire garden(root drench and foliar applications). I do not have the bags from that application, but our supplier said they had bags containing these expiration dates: 12/17 and 12/18.

It's tough running a small business and meeting every compliance mark/standard, especially when selling a product in different states with varying standards. If the statements in regards to the removal of spinosa are true, I'd like to continue supporting your company.

X

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

The only reason I haven't bought the foliar was because of the Spinosad. Would be awfully nice to finally use it with the rest of Ogbiowar.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
@Capulator

I own a OLCC licensed cannabis cultivation company in Oregon. Have been supporting and recommending your company and product(s) for several years in the medical marijuana community. The community and I would love to continue supporting your work, but we need full transparency.

Please provide us with the expiration dates of bags containing the spinosa strain.

Before finding this controversy and realizing spinosa was present in the formula, we recently applied a full-strength tea to our entire garden(root drench and foliar applications). I do not have the bags from that application, but our supplier said they had bags containing these expiration dates: 12/17 and 12/18.

It's tough running a small business and meeting every compliance mark/standard, especially when selling a product in different states with varying standards. If the statements in regards to the removal of spinosa are true, I'd like to continue supporting your company.

X

You are good. When we did have it, it was saccharopolyspora spinosa. That was 3 years ago. Pretty sure it is not even close to the derived spinosad A/B available in products like COnserv SC or Entrust. Also pretty sure that the reason Spinosad is not approved is because it hurts bee populations. Indoors this would not be a problem and Entrust is OMRI. Cannabis regulation is a bitch. You will not get dinged using our products in testing. I recommend stop spraying day 21 to avoid testing positive for microbials.

Latest posts

Top Bottom