OG Kush, 1st time grow

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

Bad news... spent too much time yesterday without my foot elevated and spent the day back in hospital. The bottom line is that I'm sofa bound for a week....Mrs FF going to have to do my plants, and no more building stuff :(

PGW posted a scary picture of his spider in his diary, so I'm posting my gross foot - taken today when they were changing the cast. And yeah, it hurts like fuckery through DF118s...

IMG 0040 Medium
H

herby

OUCH man thats nasty!! Sorry to hear about the accident. Get that thing up and heal soon bro!!

P

ProGroWannabe

I remember having to keep my knee elevated too. MAKE SURE you keep it elevated at least as long as the doctors recommend everyday.....more bloodflow makes for faster and more complete healing. --plus less pain.

R

rounders02

sorry to hear about your inury hope ya heal soon. how are the plants doin, very curious about those violator kush, a cousin a got pack those same ones at barney's the same ya got, he gave me 1 so i will take seat for this one if ya dont mind, got any info on this strain. well hope ya get well and back on you feet soon. Rounders

F

FastForward

hey rounders - thanks for dropping by. The Violators are in flower now - been in about 2 weeks on 12/12 now. They were vegged for way too long and are about 1m high each atm - haven't seen them since the accident though. Got a mate coming over tomorrow night to help water them, so will get some photos then. When I last looked there wasn't any sign of flowering.

S

Stackin Paper

Good grows man, had to do all that stuff when we had a baby too, everything had to move, that was a year ago and she still isn't in her room, lol, had to set up the cot in our room cos she waking up so much. Well worth it though.

Keep it green

F

FastForward

Update:

I'm still stuck on the sofa until Tuesday when I hope I get the thumbs up to move about with crutches, maybe even weight bear. Keeping your foot elevated above your heart for anything more than a few days has been a fucking BORE, even with copious amounts of THC and Discovery or Sky Sports on 24/7!!

The plants have been watered every OTHER day, which has been too long for some of the plants. The lowryders were dry and about to wilt, the Pure Afghan was dry, as were a few of the MMGs. The flowering room 11l pots are fine for 2 days but anything less (6.5l downwards) doesn't cut it at 75f. This is the best I can do in my current predicament.....I think the yield might suffer but it's better than them dying.

The Lowryders are in full flower and doing really well under 18/6 HPS. I've been guessing a nute regime as they're nute sensitive, so using light veg mix with added boost and PK13/14 and it seems to be going down well. Now I just want to bulk up those buds as much as possible.

MMGxG13 are doing okay but seem to be very difficult to grow well as they are SO nute sensitive, and I've not had the ability to feed them separately.

TW are doing well and are ready to flower.

Also, the outdoor big WW in flower is a girl....pistils everywhere.

Photos when I get the okay from the docs to move about...until then I'm relying on the kindness of friends to come over and water my plants every other day. The bottom line is that they're alive and well.

I am definitely moving over to drippers though...that's decided. The only decision now is how, and I don;'t want to use a Wilma because they seem too close together (the 8 x 11l version). I need to recirculate because I can't afford the nutes for handwatering to waste....esp the rhizotonic and boost.

U

ukcheesehead

Update:

I'm still stuck on the sofa until Tuesday when I hope I get the thumbs up to move about with crutches, maybe even weight bear. Keeping your foot elevated above your heart for anything more than a few days has been a fucking BORE, even with copious amounts of THC and Discovery or Sky Sports on 24/7!!

The plants have been watered every OTHER day, which has been too long for some of the plants. The lowryders were dry and about to wilt, the Pure Afghan was dry, as were a few of the MMGs. The flowering room 11l pots are fine for 2 days but anything less (6.5l downwards) doesn't cut it at 75f. This is the best I can do in my current predicament.....I think the yield might suffer but it's better than them dying.

The Lowryders are in full flower and doing really well under 18/6 HPS. I've been guessing a nute regime as they're nute sensitive, so using light veg mix with added boost and PK13/14 and it seems to be going down well. Now I just want to bulk up those buds as much as possible.

MMGxG13 are doing okay but seem to be very difficult to grow well as they are SO nute sensitive, and I've not had the ability to feed them separately.

TW are doing well and are ready to flower.

Also, the outdoor big WW in flower is a girl....pistils everywhere.

Photos when I get the okay from the docs to move about...until then I'm relying on the kindness of friends to come over and water my plants every other day. The bottom line is that they're alive and well.

I am definitely moving over to drippers though...that's decided. The only decision now is how, and I don;'t want to use a Wilma because they seem too close together (the 8 x 11l version). I need to recirculate because I can't afford the nutes for handwatering to waste....esp the rhizotonic and boost.

i realy think rhizotonic and boost are over priced this will be my last grow with canna boost im going to use head masta . maybe stackin and jah can jump in they are both useing it and are very happy with it . the price is great £11 a ltr . im useing regen a root and thats great next grow im thinking of useing all off CE coco range for a test grow .

S

Stackin Paper

Yeah EU man, do that test grow, i can vouch for the Headmasta but as i said to Jah i never used the Canna Boost before so i wouldn't be able to say if 1 was better than the other, Jah reckons its better by far, not only on how the bud looks but obviously the price is a big factor. I was trying to find the write up on the side of the bottle but couldn't find it.

How much was the Rhizo a bottle EU and how much is the bottle of regen a root, i gather they're for the same application yeah?

U

ukcheesehead

Yeah EU man, do that test grow, i can vouch for the Headmasta but as i said to Jah i never used the Canna Boost before so i wouldn't be able to say if 1 was better than the other, Jah reckons its better by far, not only on how the bud looks but obviously the price is a big factor. I was trying to find the write up on the side of the bottle but couldn't find it.

How much was the Rhizo a bottle EU and how much is the bottle of regen a root, i gather they're for the same application yeah?

yep sp both do the same thing
Rhizotonic 1 litre £ 25.00
regen a root 1 liter £13.99

canna boost 1 liter £45 ish
head masta 1 liter £11.50

if i do a test grow i will get the full coco range

For areas with hard water.
The simple grower’s package is the perfect way to get started with this exciting range of nutrients and experience the benefits of ‘fusion nutrition’. Canadian Xpress combine a wide range of organic additives within their nutrients that give an extra lift to yield and quality. This nutrient package is simple to use and comes supplied with a comprehensive grower’s guide, full usage instructions and a set of FAQ’s that cover all aspects of indoor growing. This package is very easy to use and will give superb results.
Includes:
1x Regen-a-Root – for strong roots and high yields
1x Ultimate Grow - specially blended single part nutrient for the grow stage
1x Ultimate Bloom - specially blended single part nutrient for the bloom stage
1x Head-Masta - bloom stimulator that adds weight and improves quality
1x Wilt Guard - stimulates the immune system of the plant to safe guard against diseases.
For more information visit www.candianxpress.com
Price: £55.00

F

FastForward

Thanks SP and Cheese....I've read other good grow reports using CE stuff and the price is definitely attractive. If I can I'd like to try to keep the Rhizo because by all counts it is the daddy, but the boost is crazy money and headmasta is next on my shopping list.

Update:

Got the okay to get up off the sofa from the docs yesterday, so am able to hobble about on crutches for limited amounts of time. Space has been a real issue with stuff growing crazily whilst I've been out of action, so I've had to donate a few plants to a good friend who has just started growing himself (2xTW, 2xMMGxG13). I've taken cuts from all the plants donated (plus a few more for jollies) so will be able to identify and keep a good TW female.

Flower: The Violators and WW are doing too well and are stretching like hell. They're already up to the height of the bulb and I've no more vertical room. The parabolic reflector is cool and the buds aren't too close to the bulb itself, but I;m a bit stuffed. Going to try to LST them or tie them down, but it's going to be grief. Note to self: don't overveg stuff that you don't have space to flower... I might have to buy a lower profile reflector, like an adjust-a-wing, just to squeeze out a few more inches.

Veg: Two lowryders are in full flower and looking fantastic, with buds all the way up and down the plant. Still feeding it PK13/14 in the mix but will probably cut it out any day now. I reckon they've got about 25 days to go, so need to start thinking about a later flower mix with a view to flushing in a couple of weeks.

I took the decision to flick the Veg room over to 12/12 with the 400 HPS bulb in, and moved in the Pure Afghan, Reserva Privada unknown, MMGxG13 and TW (kept 2 TW back in the prop room as potential mothers). I know I'll lose yield on the lowryders but I the other plants had outgrown the prop room. I think one of the TW is already showing pistils after only a couple of days on 12/12.

Prop: Two TW in there for trimming/bonsai-ing/sexing for a mother.

It's time to put some more seeds in, and as soon as I can get some bottled water I'll start some new beans off. Can't decide...but probably going to do 1 G13 Haze Femmed, and then some Pandora's Box, maybe Lemon Skunk (DNA's, been gagging to grow since I smoked it).

That's it for now. WIll grab some photos on the phone when I go feed them later on.

Oh yes, one more thing - whilst holed up on the sofa my PC died - hard drive crashed and gone - so I'm on the laptop atm. Going to be a bit longer until I can get back to updating the news.....this is a shit laptop and I can't edit photos on it.... will sort main pc asap.

F

FastForward

Just watered the plants, photos attached:

- lowryders in flower
- two potential mother TWs in veg
- flower room overcrowding

APologies for shitty photos...PC is dead so the phone and laptop is easy...

Hand watering is officially a pain in the ass and expensive. I've bought 4 x IWS pots that I'm going to move the flowering stuff into. They were 16 quid each but I figured for stacking tubs with drilled hole and stand (5 degree) it's not that much more expensive than DIY. Ok, that's bollocks, but I'm lazy and shit and they seemed ideal. THe plan is to run a dripper head into them and then drain them into another res, maybe recirculate.

IMG 0078 Medium
IMG 0079 Medium
IMG 0080 Medium
IMG 0082 Medium
IMG 0083 Medium
IMG 0084 Medium
IMG 0085 Medium
IMG 0086 Medium
IMG 0087 Medium
IMG 0088 Medium
IMG 0089 Medium
P

ProGroWannabe

Wow, it's really crowding up in there huh? They're lookin good man, keep it up!

F

FastForward

Went to water the plants last night and I swear that one of the Violators has grown 6" in 2 days. When I left it it was at the level of the bulb...2 days later and it was literally grown up inside and touching the bulb.

No more headroom without replacing the reflector so...I grabbed a pair of scissors and chopped a foot off the top of it. I know...it's bad...but I had no choice. So much for Barney's bullshit "stays short" - not that pheno! The other two are at different heights..one much shorter, one medium. It might have been the one that was outside for a while. Anyhow, it's a shitload shorter now. Am drying the buds to give them a smoke...although they're fairly pathetic.

Not much else to report. Everything is rocking along. Foot getting better and I'm more mobile. PC still buggered but I'll try to fix it in the next day or so.

Ah yes..one more thing. Remember back at the beginning I put a runt outside? Well, that runt is now a glorious looking female (the 12/12 cut showed pistils a few days ago) but what's weird is that she split herself. I didn't FIM/top it at all.

Do plants spontaneously do that?? Is it a gene? Is it cool/worth developing??

Freak
Freak2
P

pom

Wow!
Great diary, And being that I am growing violator kush in a drob my self hydro at that, This is my first drob and hydro grow. I purpusley bought violator kush because thay said it would only grow between 35 to 50 cm could not be more wrong. so I had to make a(SCOG) net and do the bending trick to and extream. But now 4 weeks into 12/12 these plants are full top to bottom with buds and they are rock hard and smell so strong. I my drob I also have some pukka skunk and nite shade another from barneys. One thing for sure pukka and barneys are a bit on the pricy side however all of the seeds sprouted and were all female as well. Quality from both forsure. I will be watching close on this one hope my mistakes can help you out before they happen to you.

F

FastForward

Pom - Check the shots in the tent below - the back two are Violators, the other is a WW. The one out of the tent is also a Vio. One of the Violators and WW lived outside for a while and I think that has to explain why they're such big bastards.

Update:

It's a JUNGLE in there! They just keep on stretching. I'm just going to leave it and chop when I absolutely have to - i.e. if they start to burn....otherwise it's just going to have to get wild in there.

NEVER OVERVEG STUFF!! Biiiig mistake. Lesson learned.

The two violators are chunking up nicely, and I reckon have just over 2 weeks to go. I've only ever run them with PK13/14 and Boost in the mix since mid flower, so for this week I'm going to back off the PK and Boost (adding in Headmasta tomorrow when it arrives) for one week and then flush for one week. Photos attached of one of them with some bud pr0n.

The rest (Res Priv, TW, MMGxG13, Afghan) are all largely not showing sex yet. The TW is almost certainly a female but everything else isn't showing and may well be blokes. It's only the 2nd week still so it may yet happen.

IMG 4108 Medium
IMG 4109 Medium
IMG 4120 Medium
IMG 4123 Medium
IMG 4126 Medium
IMG 4127 Medium
IMG 4128 Medium
X

xtheghostx

Man you have come a long way in this grow. Your plants look amazing. I'll be watching the show. Sorry to hear about your leg man glad to hear your recovering.

P

ProGroWannabe

They are lookin good FF! Remember, you can always bend em over if you run out of room vertically. It will also help to maximize the amount of light to the lower parts of the plant, because you'll be able to lower the light, getting it closer to the lower parts.

I'm just thinkin out loud here. Either way, they are sure gonna be nice once the buds start to thicken, huh?

How's the foot?

F

FastForward

Foot is getting better by the day - I can walk about without crutches now, which is amazing. Now I just need to get this cast off....and it's fibreglass so I can't get it off....due to come off next Thurs....then maybe I can get more than 4 hours sleep a night.

PGW - If I bend them over they're more than likely to snap...the main stems are thick (1 cm+) even at the top/growing end of stuff.

I'm seriously debating culling the WW for space. I've already removed the main cola and a bunch of side shoots, so it seems pretty pointless. Also, the Reserva Privada plant in my other tent is stretching like a loon (told ya it was bound to be the vermonster!) and I could do with moving it out.

Have started using CX's Headmasta today instead of Boost, and trying out CX Clone Start instead of my own Formulex and Rhizo mix. All my clones have rooted already though, in under a week using clonex, rr cubes soaked in form/rhizo, under fluros.

I've also culled a bunch of males....my Afghan turned out male, so he's gone. One of the MMGs and one of the TW also were male, so they're gone. I've got the Reserva Privada and a TW left in flower that are showing pistils, and an MMG that is still undecided.

One of the lowryders pistils are starting to turn amber/orange and it's getting exciting. Might bung in a few more just for jollies.

And that's about it. Got 2x G13 Haze femmed seeds germinating for mothers and am trying to work out if I can plant my Pandora's Box and 3rd Dimension beans yet and still have space to move them before they get too vegged. Am thinking about cranking up the waterfarm and running 2 x Lowryders in it, maybe even 4 just to be dumb about it (PGW's redneck style...?!)

Right..off to go feed the violators and decide whether the WW dies or not....(one option is to get some Ripen and force the WW before I kill it)

F

FastForward

Photos...

Lowryders first, then the Violators, then the freshly culled WW to show the insane rootball in the 11l pot. I think this might have been my problem: overveg plus too big a pot = monsters...

MG 4151 Small
 MG 4152 Small
 MG 4153 Small
 MG 4154 Small
 MG 4163 Small
 MG 4164 Small
IMG 4135 Small
IMG 4136 Small
IMG 4139 Small
IMG 4142 Small
IMG 4143 Small
IMG 4145 Small