OG Kush, 1st time grow

• Thread starter FastForward
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FastForward

Photos of the 2nd lowryder (on Ripen) and my veg tent. The waterfarm has 3 more femmed lowryders in it. The larger plants are cuttings from TW and the Reserva Privada mystery and will be going into a coco dripper setup as soon as the LR is done.

The kids are: Pandora's Box, G13 Haze, Lemon Skunk, Kushberry.

Also included are photos of my two TW moms and the absolutely shite job I've done of training them (i.e. I brutally topped them in a random place to keep them short). Hey, they're alive and available to donate :)

Oh, also check out my mutant Pandora's with the twin things happening at the root.

IMG 4329
IMG 4330
IMG 4332
IMG 4333
IMG 4334
IMG 4335
IMG 4337
IMG 4341
IMG 4342
IMG 4343
IMG 4344
IMG 4345
IMG 4346
IMG 4347
IMG 4349
IMG 4352
P

ProGroWannabe

Yup FF......you've definitely contracted the dreaded growing addiction!! lol They look great man.

Devilsharvest

Devilsharvest

are you sure its your first time???:thinking:clapping:clapping

F

FastForward

Thanks PGW and DH. It's definitely my first time, as you'll see from these next shots...

Update:

I drilled a hole in the wall and fed a hose through it, so now I have water in my growroom. No more lugging a 25l bucket on one foot (takes ninjastyle lemme tell you!).

I had to pull out three plants in order to get to the back, so grabbed the cam and shot some quickies.

The monster is one of the Violators. The next one is BH's TrainWreck, and the next one is the Reserva Privada mystery girl. In the tent are the 2 other Violators.

I know there's heat damage to the tops, and probably retarded bud growth, but there's not much I can do about it :( Oh yeah, and now it's raining so RH has gone up to 60 :(

I'm also not sure that these Violators are going to yield very much - they're about 36 days into 12/12 and I thought they'd be bigger...but they may bulk up later on in life

IMG 4353
IMG 4354
IMG 4355
IMG 4356
IMG 4357
IMG 4358
IMG 4359
IMG 4360
IMG 4361
IMG 4362
IMG 4364
IMG 4365
F

FastForward

Some photos of the jungle just before lights on.

The two smaller plants at the front left and centre are the TW on the left, and the mystery Reserva Privada on the right.

Violator buds are starting to bulk up at last and there's a lot of them all over the place. I think this is exactly how not to do it, but hey, it's my first grow and I know what I'm doing differently next time. They've got about 3 weeks to go.

Also got some spreader mat today so tomorrow I'm going to setup the dripper. Moved the last lowryder into the flower room to finish off a bit so that I can use a proper 12/12 cycle in the smaller tent with the new dripper setup. Am also going to convert the waterfarm to coco from clay. Clay sucks worse than rockwool imho - I THOROUGHLY washed my clay, soaked it for 5 days in constantly pH adjusted water and STILL it's silting. Had to filter the tank through a 200 micron screen to get all the shit out.

Anyhow, enough of the blah.. here's the photos :)

IMG 4367
IMG 4369
IMG 4371
IMG 4372
IMG 4373
IMG 4374
IMG 4376
IMG 4381
IMG 4382
IMG 4383
IMG 4385
IMG 4386
IMG 4387
IMG 4388
 MG 4390
F

FastForward

Cheers PGW....the fun starts here....I'm a coco dripper kid \o/

Just setup the bastardised e&f tray into my coco dripper (100% coco, no clay) and moved two TW clones over and the mystery Reserva Privada (also a cut).

The drippers are going 24/7 atm until I can see how well they keep the coco moist. They say 2ml/hr on the dripper heads so I think I might need to. Have got 5 outputs from the manifold, so have 2 in the TW and one in the RP. Also it's an MJ500 pump doing this - if I need more drippers I'll up it to a MJ1000.

Also put spreader mat down to minimise coco in the res below. Running at EC1.7 atm. Next up is the waterfarm conversion - will do that in a bit.

IMG 4391
IMG 4392
IMG 4393
IMG 4401
P

ProGroWannabe

Sweeeet! Nice job on the install bro. I'm excited to see how they do.

Big Buddy

Big Buddy

Shit man, you've got a kick ass grow going. Great job man, your a natural no doubt.

F

FastForward

Shit man, you've got a kick ass grow going. Great job man, your a natural no doubt.

Thanks dude...maybe it has something to do with my 20 year 'apprenticeship' smoking the stuff first?? :)

B

BITYmagicBeanz

looking good man. whats smelling the most outa them lot?

F

FastForward

The Vios by a mile - really surprising - every time I brush past them I'm left with this really sharp citrusy kush smell. The TW and the RP are just starting to do their things, and I think the RP smells particularly sweet...gotta get it identified....fingers x'd for C99 or that grape FX...or even bubba...

F

FastForward

Chopped down the 2nd lowryder. It just looked ready...most of the pistils were dark orange and most trichs were cloudy, maybe a couple of ambers - hard to say. Fuckit...it's schmokin' time :)

Also changed the drippers on the coco dripper setup. Photos attached - gives a better spread of nute. Also, this system seems to be run to waste whether I like it or not - there's hardly any return to the res. No idea if it's hungry plants or evaporation but I had to put about 10l of water in there. It's all a learning curve atm. More as it happens.

Ah yes, am also about to smoke the scrapings from the scissors. Yeah baby \o/ :dance

IMG 4402
IMG 4403
IMG 4404
IMG 4405
IMG 4406
IMG 4407
IMG 4408
IMG 4409
IMG 4410
IMG 4411
IMG 4412
P

ProGroWannabe

That's a nice budstack, FF. Especially for a "dwarfed-type" plant like the lowriders. Be proud bro!

F

FastForward

Thanks PGW....if it cures up nicely with good taste and smoke I'll be loving life...early indicators are better than expected. Now I just need to get 'normal' stuff properly dialled in :)

P

ProGroWannabe

Shit man, your miles ahead of most first-time growers already. You've got this down already, so no worries about you getting the others dialed in. The basics are obviously in place, so all you have to do now is fine-tune your grows to fit your personal style, bro.

F

FastForward

Update:

The lowryders are both chopped and hung. The first doesn't smell up to much at all in the jar...and the second hanging one is losing smell by the day. Hope they get better over time because it was a lovely smell and taste. Got 32 dry grams from the first, maybe a bit less as there's still some moisture to evaporate out....but it's smokeable.

The Violator girls are doing really well. Have taken some dodgy photos with the HPS on, because there's one of these Violators that isn't doing anything in the way of a cola, just PILING on the trichromes...more than anything I've seen, even The White or Snoe.....the leaves are sugar coated but there's no fuggin bud!! Is this a retard, or a known thing that can happen? It's like it forgot to bud and decided to spray what it did have with shitloads of trichs.

MG 4445
 MG 4447
 MG 4450
 MG 4451
 MG 4452
 MG 4453
 MG 4454
 MG 4455
F

FastForward

Oops..those were the vio nearest the door I took out.

The next one shows the vios in the tent and the mad crystally leafy thing that should be a buds.

MG 4431
 MG 4432
 MG 4433
 MG 4434
 MG 4435
 MG 4439
 MG 4440
 MG 4441
 MG 4442
F

FastForward

This isn't really a smoke report, more of a 'fuck me, i'm pretty nicely cabbaged' ramble. This is Lowryder#2, the second, later one. It's only just able dry enough to smoke but it's a clean burn and no harshness. It's way more tasty than the first, earlier one and the buds are moist with trichs...and just a little too moist, but it smokes. I know someone's going to tell me I know fuck all, but there's something very hazy tasting in there but it's not a typical taste. It's hard to describe, or I can't describe it...it's not fruity, not citrus...maybe musty with a haze taste. I'm mullered and I'm not good at this at the best of times. The genetics are LR and Santa Maria, but no idea what SM is like and if that's the hazy tones I think I taste. It ain't skunky, kushy or any of those more obvious flavours. It's nice enough tastewise. I'd give it a 6.5/10. Better than average but miles off anything quality.

As for the buzz, this one was chopped a bit later (71 days I think, or thereabouts) and the trichs were probably about 60-70% cloudy, rest clear-ish. The buzz is decent and hits, and feels quality, but doesn't last all that long. It's mostly head with a bit of body, and the body bit is really nice. Wish I'd left it for ambers. The head is okay...not really creative zone material, but not anxiety inducing or speedy either. It's a nice comfortable buzz that isn't sending me nodding when overdoing it, so has enough head to keep things level.

I need to properly cure this second plant because it should get much better over the next week or two...but I'm definitely surprised by it. It's much pokier and flavourful than I expected, although I had low expectations.

In summary it's a very good above average smoke. It's not shit, ditchweed, schwag, low THC or anything else. I'm willing to put money down in a blind smoke test if anyone thinks otherwise. It's also not primo smoke compared to the rest of the cannabis world... so far the taste is good but not 'wow' or even moreish. The buzz is good, not great. It's not the most useful buzz because it doesn't do anything particularly well, it just does it competently...and averagely. But not shit! And for an auto, with all the convenience in time, space, equipment etc... it's amazing.

If shit happened and for whatever reason I couldn't score or grow properly, if I had to I could smoke this and not be that unhappy (compared with schwag, gritweed, soapbar or any of the medium grade powerplant that circulates).

Right...that was a ramble...my eyes are dry and blinking uncontrolalbly...i've lost an hour or two somehwere...there's an empty pack of digestives next to me and I still want more... this definitely ain't shite. One day in the next 2 years there'll be a semi-decent SSH auto, or MK auto. Lazyness and shortness ftw!

Top Bottom