Oganic Growing Issues On Two Runs! Please Help!!

• Thread starter YaBuddy321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

happy b

Iv not read everyone elses answers so excuse me if im repeating answers.
it looks like your soils too hot or too moist.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hey do you think my issues could be VPD related? I see it can cause canoeing but I've also seen people grow with 10% RH. Mine is 30% to 40%. Just wondering thanks!
VPD can always play a role in uptake/utilization. It is certainly worth giving consideration.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

It's not Ph, it's not overwatering, @leadsled hit it right on the head, you have triple the amount of nitrogen you need, and by using dolomite and still watering calmag (which isn't organic btw) you're adding more magnesium and nitrogen to the mix. IDK about the more recent photos but it looks like your mix is still too hot. Any pre-bagged soil is usually already going to have a nutrient charge and is not going to need amending until they are in flower.

Y

YaBuddy321

It's not Ph, it's not overwatering, @leadsled hit it right on the head, you have triple the amount of nitrogen you need, and by using dolomite and still watering calmag (which isn't organic btw) you're adding more magnesium and nitrogen to the mix. IDK about the more recent photos but it looks like your mix is still too hot. Any pre-bagged soil is usually already going to have a nutrient charge and is not going to need amending until they are in flower.
I did take them out of the super soil and put them in fox farm ocean forest. Not as bad but still canoeing and drooping but only the top leaves but some lower new growth has some twisting. Also I though General organics cal mag was ok for organics. Thanks for the help!

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

im not understanding why you are topdressing with all these products are best when cooked into the soil,i also use dr earth for base of my super soil ,never any of the issues your having,might just be over doing it,if you have a smell than you have rot,get some humic fulvic and give it a root drench,those that are already dead will be eaten by your bennies,it will clean the roots increase uptake and adjust ph of the soil.one thing i def wouldnt be top dressing with is blood meal,if nitrogen is what you are trying to get use ewc in with your tea,all i use is the drench once a month and bloom pack by kelp4less and water,thats it 5 weeks into bloom with no issues,this is a tough plant believe me ive screwed with it and screwed up enough of how tuff they really are,clean the roots and stop top dressing all that you mention should have been cook in

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Your soil test shows a near perfect ph so it's not too hot, but all the micro nutrients on the report are not acceptable.

What have you done to fix the aeration/ drainage?

How long does it take for the container to dry? What is your co2 level?

Are you watering with tea? What are your leaf temperatures with an infrared gun?

80/30 temp/rh is nowhere near ideal.

It looks like a combination of problems.

Last edited:
Y

YaBuddy321

Your soil test shows a near perfect ph so it's not too hot, but all the micro nutrients on the report are not acceptable.

What have you done to fix the aeration/ drainage?

How long does it take for the container to dry? What is your co2 level?

Are you watering with tea? What are your leaf temperatures with an infrared gun?

80/30 temp/rh is nowhere near ideal.

It looks like a combination of problems.
I've got new smart pots and added perlite and raised them off the floor for aeration. It's takes them about a week to dry. Yes I feed with ewc and molasses plus some organic nuts from dr earth. Not sure of the co2 levels but I did add one of those co2 bags. I don't have a infrared gun but with a thermometer the leaf temps are around 80. (At the top) here are some update pics. Thanks!

Y

YaBuddy321

im not understanding why you are topdressing with all these products are best when cooked into the soil,i also use dr earth for base of my super soil ,never any of the issues your having,might just be over doing it,if you have a smell than you have rot,get some humic fulvic and give it a root drench,those that are already dead will be eaten by your bennies,it will clean the roots increase uptake and adjust ph of the soil.one thing i def wouldnt be top dressing with is blood meal,if nitrogen is what you are trying to get use ewc in with your tea,all i use is the drench once a month and bloom pack by kelp4less and water,thats it 5 weeks into bloom with no issues,this is a tough plant believe me ive screwed with it and screwed up enough of how tuff they really are,clean the roots and stop top dressing all that you mention should have been cook in
Thanks man since then I've transplanted to fox farm ocean forest and have not topped dressed. Thanks for the help there are some new pics below.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

I've got new smart pots and added perlite and raised them off the floor for aeration. It's takes them about a week to dry. Yes I feed with ewc and molasses plus some organic nuts from dr earth. Not sure of the co2 levels but I did add one of those co2 bags. I don't have a infrared gun but with a thermometer the leaf temps are around 80. (At the top) here are some update pics. Thanks!

Great, When you repotted how much perlite did you add? When did you repot? Are you using tap water with calcium? The Ca was low on the soil report.

How tall is the tent? What kind of light exactly? How far is it from the tops?

If your fan is blowing directly on the leaves, point it up so you can eliminate windburn being the cause of the curling in the most recent pics.

I would not feed them until they are really dry, just barely starting to droop. Then water only the outside of the container near the edge of the container. Don't water near the stem at all. Watering like this should encourage the roots to quickly seek the water at the edges of the container. Then hopefully they should take off and grow out of whatever issues they are having. Then you can resume watering the entire top area of pot. Obviously keep a close eye on them and don't starve them to death from lack of water. Main point is try to encourage the roots to grow to the edges soon. Hope this makes sense.

Check out earth juice microBlast to raise your micronutrients, it is high quality and not expensive.

Good luck

Last edited:
Y

YaBuddy321

Great, When you repotted how much perlite did you add? When did you repot? Are you using tap water with calcium? The Ca was low on the soil report.

How tall is the tent? What kind of light exactly? How far is it from the tops?

If your fan is blowing directly on the leaves, point it up so you can eliminate windburn being the cause of the curling in the most recent pics.

I would not feed them until they are really dry, just barely starting to droop. Then water only the outside of the container near the edge of the container. Don't water near the stem at all. Watering like this should encourage the roots to quickly seek the water at the edges of the container. Then hopefully they should take off and grow out of whatever issues they are having. Then you can resume watering the entire top area of pot. Obviously keep a close eye on them and don't starve them to death from lack of water. Main point is try to encourage the roots to grow to the edges soon. Hope this makes sense.

Check out earth juice microBlast to raise your micronutrients, it is high quality and not expensive.

Good luck
They are in a 4x4
And 3x3 both have t5 a few inches from the tops.
And the flowers are under hps.
I use RO with cal mag.
Thanks for the help bro!

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

Ya canoeing and droopy but only the tops.

i didnt notice at first but i saw you mention the term SUPERSOIL. is this a subcool supersoil your growing in ? another thing, can you list the ratios you used your amendments per cu ft ?

Y

YaBuddy321

Definitely, if you can't get temps lower and assuming you're not doing CO2, I would raise the RH.
Hey I've asked this guys a few times what was causing his issues but he never replies. https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/help-my-plants-are-tripping.71480/#post-1423746 Maybe you can ask him how he fixed these issues since you are well know around here. It's so frustrating seeing multiple people on here with the same problems but never put how they fixed it. Isnt the point of all this to help each other out? Anyway maybe if you know him could you ask how he fixed it mine look very simlar and what ever he did I need to do. He is on everyday thanks!

Y

YaBuddy321

i didnt notice at first but i saw you mention the term SUPERSOIL. is this a subcool supersoil your growing in ? another thing, can you list the ratios you used your amendments per cu ft ?
Ya it was subcool super soil but I took them out of it and put the in fox farm ocean forest a few weeks ago

Top Bottom