Oganic Growing Issues On Two Runs! Please Help!!

• Thread starter YaBuddy321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Y

YaBuddy321

i didnt notice at first but i saw you mention the term SUPERSOIL. is this a subcool supersoil your growing in ? another thing, can you list the ratios you used your amendments per cu ft ?
Hey this is someone else's post but it's very similar to mine. I asked him what's up but he never replies. If you have time take a look at his post and see what you think it looks the same as mine. https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/help-my-plants-are-tripping.71480/#post-1423746

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

Ya it was subcool super soil but I took them out of it and put the in fox farm ocean forest a few weeks ago

thats what i thought, i didnt catch that at first and im betting others didnt either. im not knocking sub but i think his supersoil is shit. your plants got fried no doubt about it. did you plant straight in supersoil ?

aside from that i glanced at the soil test and your soil is completely out of balance. dont it make you wonder how cal / mag is low when your using all the products your using ? if it were me i would consider starting over and trying a different approach. i am more than happy to help you if thats what you want to do.

best advice i can give you is ditch dr earth soil. if your going to be mixing up soil just go all the way. ive used his soil before as a base and as a stand alone, ive always had problems with it.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

subcools mix is hot,it is designed to be in last 2 to 3 in of bottom of pot,its way to hot other wise but it is good if applied right,if you put 3in in bottom of pot and other medium around your transplanted solo cup it works good,but it has to adjust slowly to the hot soil,i tell you what guys if you want a supersoil try mine,im working with kelp4less on a super soil mix for the plant we grow,its called soil cutter starter mix,its 10lbs of all that is needed and you mix it with 5 cu ft of any garden soil ,after you mix it put it in a tote and let it cook 90 days,ive used it mixed 10lbs to 2.5 cu ft of dr.earth aleo vera and ewc mix,went from solo cups right into it,go to kelp4less and check it out if your really interested in a water only mix,if you are interested in any of there products and decide to buy use oldskol4evr in the coupon code box for 10% off your purchase,i dont work for them anything like that i get the same discount as you do.i talked with the organic mechanic there and told him what im trying to do and convinced him that one day soon weed will be legal and that we are always looking for a perfect soil mix that we can reuse,we came up with this,and you can also add what you want to it to add that boast if you want.main thing here is this soil is gonna be alive and dont put things in there that are gonna kill your microbes and all the bells and whistles that come with it.so the ball is in your court now.hope i helped a bit,i try ,i too was new to soil at one time,ive tried building my own and it just cost me big bucks ,this mix has it all threw all stages of growth

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

subcools mix is hot,it is designed to be in last 2 to 3 in of bottom of pot,its way to hot other wise but it is good if applied right,if you put 3in in bottom of pot and other medium around your transplanted solo cup it works good,but it has to adjust slowly to the hot soil,i tell you what guys if you want a supersoil try mine,im working with kelp4less on a super soil mix for the plant we grow,its called soil cutter starter mix,its 10lbs of all that is needed and you mix it with 5 cu ft of any garden soil ,after you mix it put it in a tote and let it cook 90 days,ive used it mixed 10lbs to 2.5 cu ft of dr.earth aleo vera and ewc mix,went from solo cups right into it,go to kelp4less and check it out if your really interested in a water only mix,if you are interested in any of there products and decide to buy use oldskol4evr in the coupon code box for 10% off your purchase,i dont work for them anything like that i get the same discount as you do.i talked with the organic mechanic there and told him what im trying to do and convinced him that one day soon weed will be legal and that we are always looking for a perfect soil mix that we can reuse,we came up with this,and you can also add what you want to it to add that boast if you want.main thing here is this soil is gonna be alive and dont put things in there that are gonna kill your microbes and all the bells and whistles that come with it.so the ball is in your court now.hope i helped a bit,i try ,i too was new to soil at one time,ive tried building my own and it just cost me big bucks ,this mix has it all threw all stages of growth

thats cool your working on a new business venture but i dont think the solution to this guys problem is buying your product. if you really want to help him why not give him the recipe im sure he has already spent a lot of money he didnt have ?

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

no friend you got me wrong ,im not on any bussiness adventure,what i was inplying was ,ive already gone threw the build it yourself method and 400 dollars later and mixing cooking ,i came up with a hell of a veg product ,thats it,my raised bed veggie garden grew some of the prettist plants ive seen,but nothing for veggies that were eatable,the product that i mentioned is a bagged mix sold by kelp4less ,i dont no measurements it just comes already pre packaged,believe me if i could get the amounts you mention my whole yard ,veggie garden,and indoor medicine grow with be full of it,subcool mentions his amounts,and he grows dank ass herb but there is also a method he uses and as you no every gardener isnt willing to give it up,when i used his recipe and i might add but the exact amounts,the only way i could use it was like this,3in super soil in bottom,i then put 1 in greensand in on top of it for them little knat som bitches ,they crawl threw it and it cuts the shit out of them,then i add 3in of reg garden soil,dr.earth is what i used ,i placed my solo cup in there filled in around it slightly packed,remove solo cup put in the mycorrizae and then put my transplant in,doing it this way i had a real good grow with just slight issues of me thrying to boast it along,when them legs get a good hold on the super soil it has already hardened itself off to adjust for the hot soil,hope this helps,but no i dont sell for them,but i have gone threw great lenghts with the organic mechanic for my own benifit to produce good fruit from medicine and my vegtables,if you go to the web site and click on it you will see what is used in the mix but no the amount used,if you want to play around with it im sure you can figure it out,im just lazy and want a mix i dont have to spend money on and get no results

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

@east coast joe, if your really interested in my soil that cost me 400 bucks here ya go,
2 40lb bags 100% cow manure
1 40lb bag mushroom compost
3 1/4 cu ft spargum peat mose
24 cu ft perlite
amendments added
2 cups organic blood meal
3 cups organic bone meal
4lbs ewc
5 cups rock phosphate
5 cups pasterized poultry manure
1 lb oyster shell flour
1lb alfalfa meal
1/2 kelp meal
2 1/2 lbs fishbone meal
ok thats what cost me 400 bucks and i grew some really beautiful plants outside ,but again like i said didnt produce any fruit.
this is the reason i talked with kelp4less organic mechanic,he suggest several things that would fix and adjust to what i wanted to grow,more money right.
i opted out to just buy the soil cutter and have been a happy camper since,works in my veggie,lawn and medical grow.hope this helps but wouldnt suggest the recipe,but you may be able to make something of it,if you do please let me no ,i would surely give your recipe a try

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

im sorry about that then, i must have misunderstood what you were saying.

@east coast joe, if your really interested in my soil that cost me 400 bucks here ya go,
2 40lb bags 100% cow manure
1 40lb bag mushroom compost
3 1/4 cu ft spargum peat mose
24 cu ft perlite
amendments added
2 cups organic blood meal
3 cups organic bone meal
4lbs ewc
5 cups rock phosphate
5 cups pasterized poultry manure
1 lb oyster shell flour
1lb alfalfa meal
1/2 kelp meal
2 1/2 lbs fishbone meal
ok thats what cost me 400 bucks and i grew some really beautiful plants outside ,but again like i said didnt produce any fruit.
this is the reason i talked with kelp4less organic mechanic,he suggest several things that would fix and adjust to what i wanted to grow,more money right.
i opted out to just buy the soil cutter and have been a happy camper since,works in my veggie,lawn and medical grow.hope this helps but wouldnt suggest the recipe,but you may be able to make something of it,if you do please let me no ,i would surely give your recipe a try

Last edited:
eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

this is what i use currently, it works very good for me. i do weekly compost teas and topdress at the beginning of flower with fish bone meal, gypsum, kelp , sul po mag and worm castings.

40% peat moss
30%worm castings
30%perlite

amendments per cu ft

1 cup fish bone meal
1/2 cup fish meal
1/2 cup alfalfa
1 1/2 - 2 cups gypsum
1 cup azomite
3/4 cup kelp meal
1 cup crab meal
1 cup oyster shell

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

this is what i use currently, it works very good for me. i do weekly compost teas and topdress at the beginning of flower with fish bone meal, gypsum, kelp , sul po mag and worm castings.

40% peat moss
30%worm castings
30%perlite

amendments per cu ft

1 cup fish bone meal
1/2 cup fish meal
1/2 cup alfalfa
1 1/2 - 2 cups gypsum
1 cup azomite
3/4 cup kelp meal
1 cup crab meal
1 cup oyster shell
this looks pretty good but i would put more slow release minerals in for the flower cycle like rock phosphate and glacial rock dust.but this is a good recipe ,have you gone all the way threw grow with it,just curious as to if you needed to add for flower thats when everything goes to shit .
i went back after talking with you and looked up ingredients to the cutter mix,like i said they dont give amounts ,i guess a secret secret trade decision so idiots like me have to buy it ,but this is what i came up with ingredients
glacial rock dust
rock phosphate
alfalfa meal
azomite
crab meal
fishbone meal
silica
i dont see any kelp in there and i no it has it in it ,i no what it looks like,the crab meal and silica is good for heat and bug resistance,but no mention of yucca or neem cake,i use that regardless.so as you see i cant give directions as to how the combine them but have used enough of the minerals over the years to identify them,to no if they are in or not

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

this looks pretty good but i would put more slow release minerals in for the flower cycle like rock phosphate and glacial rock dust.but this is a good recipe ,have you gone all the way threw grow with it,just curious as to if you needed to add for flower thats when everything goes to shit .
i went back after talking with you and looked up ingredients to the cutter mix,like i said they dont give amounts ,i guess a secret secret trade decision so idiots like me have to buy it ,but this is what i came up with ingredients
glacial rock dust
rock phosphate
alfalfa meal
azomite
crab meal
fishbone meal
silica
i dont see any kelp in there and i no it has it in it ,i no what it looks like,the crab meal and silica is good for heat and bug resistance,but no mention of yucca or neem cake,i use that regardless.so as you see i cant give directions as to how the combine them but have used enough of the minerals over the years to identify them,to no if they are in or not

I use silica every time I water. I've tried adding rock dust and even replacing azomite with rock dust and saw no major difference. The calcium is what's key in the soil. Rock phosphate takes so long to break down, it doesn't make sense to use it if your not recycling or doing no till. I still think there are better sources of phosphorus and minerals but different strokes for different folks

I've been using this mix for a few years now and it works great. Depending on pot size, you can go well into flower with only water but not fully finish. I'm perfectly fine with top dressing once or twice and using teas, to me it still beats using 10 different bottles and having a bunch of instruments to test this and that. Healthy balanced soil equals healthy plants and that's about as far as I read into things anymore.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

yea i agree,that what had my curiosity up was the finish ,thats were the slow release come in,i completly agree with the bottle stuff thats why i like soil

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Hey does this look like rot to you?

When you transplanted did you bury the stem? It's not good to bury the stem when you transplant if the medium is hundred percent soil, cause if overwatered it will just be waterlogged and the buried stem will rot. That's why it's yellow- way too wet. The roots do not look healthy, it looks like the main problem is overwatering.

Buy a bag of coarse perlite. Mix 1 gallon of your existing soil and 1 gallon of Perlite together in an empty garbage bag, just shake it around until it's mixed up, taking care of not to crush the fragile perlite.

Get a two liter bottle of water or soda and cut it so it's about 8 inches higher or so. This will be your new container.

Fill the bottom 3 inches of the new container with perlite only. Cut a few holes in the bottom of the new container so water can drain out.

Wet the bottom of the container with water so the 3 inches of perlite is moist.

You'll notice when watering the perlite it just pretty much flows right through and drains right at the bottom immediately, that's the beauty of good drainage. It's pretty much impossible to overwater when you have good drainage!

Next put that plant you're holding into the new container and sprinkle the 50-50 soil/perlite mix all around the plant. Only fill it up to the top of your root ball, don't fill it up taller than that.

Thoroughly water the whole entire container until water is coming out the bottom. Then let it sit until the plant gets extremely dry and is starting to barely wilt. This may take a few days or a week.

At this point it will be so dry the root ball will be searching for water. So you should only water the outside edges of your new container. Do not water the center of the container where the root ball is.

Repeat- Water only the edges of the container. This will incentivize the roots to seek out the water at the edges and it will start to grow normally after a few weeks. Because the container is clear you'll be able to see when the new root growth has reached the edges.

Again, don't water the root ball- only water the edges.

Don't water again it until it's completely dry and just starting to wilt. This wet/dry cycle is what will help the plant grow out of its current funk.

Once the roots have reached the edges of the new container it'll be time to transplant into a well drained medium with a lot of perlite.

Again, if you have super good draining medium, it's almost impossible to overwater. This is really important for small container plants.

Hope that helps

Y

YaBuddy321

When you transplanted did you bury the stem? It's not good to bury the stem when you transplant if the medium is hundred percent soil, cause if overwatered it will just be waterlogged and the buried stem will rot. That's why it's yellow- way too wet. The roots do not look healthy, it looks like the main problem is overwatering.

Buy a bag of coarse perlite. Mix 1 gallon of your existing soil and 1 gallon of Perlite together in an empty garbage bag, just shake it around until it's mixed up, taking care of not to crush the fragile perlite.

Get a two liter bottle of water or soda and cut it so it's about 8 inches higher or so. This will be your new container.

Fill the bottom 3 inches of the new container with perlite only. Cut a few holes in the bottom of the new container so water can drain out.

Wet the bottom of the container with water so the 3 inches of perlite is moist.

You'll notice when watering the perlite it just pretty much flows right through and drains right at the bottom immediately, that's the beauty of good drainage. It's pretty much impossible to overwater when you have good drainage!

Next put that plant you're holding into the new container and sprinkle the 50-50 soil/perlite mix all around the plant. Only fill it up to the top of your root ball, don't fill it up taller than that.

Thoroughly water the whole entire container until water is coming out the bottom. Then let it sit until the plant gets extremely dry and is starting to barely wilt. This may take a few days or a week.

At this point it will be so dry the root ball will be searching for water. So you should only water the outside edges of your new container. Do not water the center of the container where the root ball is.

Repeat- Water only the edges of the container. This will incentivize the roots to seek out the water at the edges and it will start to grow normally after a few weeks. Because the container is clear you'll be able to see when the new root growth has reached the edges.

Again, don't water the root ball- only water the edges.

Don't water again it until it's completely dry and just starting to wilt. This wet/dry cycle is what will help the plant grow out of its current funk.

Once the roots have reached the edges of the new container it'll be time to transplant into a well drained medium with a lot of perlite.

Again, if you have super good draining medium, it's almost impossible to overwater. This is really important for small container plants.

Hope that helps
Thanks bro!

newbie1

newbie1

RO water can easily be pushed up or down because of its super-low alkalinity. So to push it up a simple addition of baking soda would be quick and effective. To push it down then citric acid or vinegar (I prefer powdered citric acid).

I can't really say what the poster's problem might stem from without knowing a whole lot more about the environment and other paramters. The number one thing I keep in mind through all of this is that I have to let each individual plant tell me what it likes, I cannot chase numbers. Especially if working with something like one of those cheap probe meters, they are indeed all over the place and can make things worse if you go by what it reports.
Sorry to jump in here, but i have the same issue. The ph in soil is from 5.4 - 5.6 :-( my questions are does baking soda work in tap water to raise ph and if so how much do you use at a time to arrive at the desired range. Many thanks NUBE.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Sorry to jump in here, but i have the same issue. The ph in soil is from 5.4 - 5.6 :-( my questions are does baking soda work in tap water to raise ph and if so how much do you use at a time to arrive at the desired range. Many thanks NUBE.
IF the tap water is soft and of a lower pH, yes, baking soda will shift those parameters, both hardening the water (carbonate, or dKH) and raising pH. There's no way to say how much to use, you're going to have to experiment to see how your local water behaves.

newbie1

newbie1

IF the tap water is soft and of a lower pH, yes, baking soda will shift those parameters, both hardening the water (carbonate, or dKH) and raising pH. There's no way to say how much to use, you're going to have to experiment to see how your local water behaves.
Thats great Thanks Seamaiden :-) My tap water is about 7.5 and soft :-) is 7.5 a bit high ?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not in my world! But relative to what cannabis likes, yes, it is. If it's soft it should be super easy to get it pushed down.

newbie1

newbie1

Not in my world! But relative to what cannabis likes, yes, it is. If it's soft it should be super easy to get it pushed down.
Okay thanks Sea :) My ph seems not too bad at the moment run off was 5.8 and soil tests the same except 1 that was 5.7 need to bring it up still somewhat. The method you were talking about using Baking Soda. can you use ot to up the PH of nutrient solution ? My water as i mentioned before is 7.5 but when i add nutes is when its going down to 5.9 . Also can you just add it to the top of soil and water in ? Many Thanks for your help :)

Top Bottom